HI Cidade Maravilhosa Reviews

Rua Hermenegildo de Barros, 19 - Santa Tereza, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My stay at HI Cidade Maravilhosa was ok. Check in, room shower and free breakfast were fine for a hostel. Badly needed laundry facility "is not working" seems like that for a while and was told to go to Gloria metro for coin washing machine. The locker is so thin to stand by itself but worked well for me. Half hour free internet from two desk top computers was helpful.

• 12th Jul 2014

It is one of the best hostels that I have stayed in Rio. It has a great breakfast, clean bedrooms and bathrooms. Despite of the sauna does not work, I recommend it !!!

This was my second time visiting and it seemed that the staff was not quite as personally invested in the guests as the first time. The staff needs to work on their knowledge of the city more.

The lockers didn't have locks, you had to go buy them from a shop on the street. There were also not enough lockers for everybody at staying in the room. The under-bed lockers were either broken or unsafe. English service poor.

Unspectacular hostel but passes muster if you really can't find anywhere else in Rio - although there are plenty of better options.

I liked the hostel - the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location was right next to the subway, convenient to get to other places within the city quickly. Our only issue was that money was taken from our room, even when the lockers were locked (and we were the only 2 occupants).

I would like to recomend them to hire staff who speak other languages, as english or spanish. It was hard for me to communicate with them since I don't speak portuguese.

Location (Gloria) is excellent if you desire to stay in Rio to visit the centre and Santa Teresa. Close to Lapa for nightlife. Very clean hostel, with air conditioning. Only minor downside is the very basic breakfast.

Very frendly staff, especially the girl on front desk. Bathroom not great and a bit scruffy but no major issues. Would go there again.

great location, staff are super helpful & friendly. Felt incredibly safe in the area. thankyou for delicious Carnival bbq!

Very good location. Nice flat roof to make bbq. However rooms and toilets not clean

very helpful staff. Good atmospere, and a great location for visiting Lapa, Santa Teresa, Gloria, and the center.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels