HI Copa Hostel Reviews

Avenida N.S. Copacabana, 1077 -, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The only good thing about this hostel was the location. Air con did not work, TV had no sound, pool was dirty and the staff gave me the impression that they did not really care for the guest. The guy who takes the favela tour is a champ!

Manager who is never there, and when i did see him come through, carried himself like he was far to important to acknowledge the guests. There are quotes a few "weird" things with this hostel. whats with the dogs walking around at breakfasting the breakfast area, and where do all the people come from at breakfast? most of the staff is unwelcoming at first, but quite nice once you get past that.

I really did not like this hostel for a number of reasons, firstly the staff are strange. There are constantly cleaners in the hostel who seem to actually live there ie use the bathrooms/are asleep in the common areas in the middle of the night in the couches but don't actually clean. The admin staff bar one lovely girl are not very friendly. One guy is creepy and kept calling me baby. The breakfast is terrible, pool water disgusting, aircon the worst I have ever experienced. Was no wifi also.

Copa Hostel has a good localization at Copacabana and there are restaurants, markets, drug stores and banks nearby. However, attendance of employees and physical structure is bad and bedrooms and bathrooms are very dirty! On days when I was staying, Internet/wi-fi did not work. I paid for a service that was not provided to me. The daily cheap hostel is not worth it, in view of the terrible services offered.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Excellent location one block from Copacabana beach and the staff were the most helpful I think I've ever met in a hostel!!!! Can't praise them highly enough. The dorms were very small and cramped, the lockers were very big though. Not enough showers or toilets for everyone. Not a great atmosphere when I was there and no other Europeans at all - was very much a hostel for Brazilian and other South American travellers, so if your Portuguese or Spanish isn't great you might be a bit lonely!

• 12th Jan 2014

There's a nice common area but it unexplicably opens during breakfast only. I had issues with broken keys (broken by the staff) and it took 3 hours to have them back. I lost my coat inside the hostel and none of the staff was really willing to help me, I had to find it on my own.

this hostel is located near one of the most popular beaches in the world, they have such a high demand that they don't need to offer a quality place for the travelers. everything is the bare minimum. and honestly, the location is not that great either. yes it's really close to Copacabana, but it's really hectic with so much traffic, noise and crowd. you won't feel relaxed at all at this location.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Would not stay again. Most of the staff were good and the location was good. The 12 women dorm were crammed in one room as a result the A/c did not reach the people sleeping in the corner by the windows. I was in a all male 8 bed dorm woke up (around4-5 am) to a creepy person fondling me. Anyways that was disturbing but not the hostels fault. I told the counter staff what had happened. They spoke to the manager and a spoke to a witness confirm. Nothing was done. I felt very uncomfortable.

Is located in the middle of Copacabana and 2 blocks from the beach. It has two open spaces to meet people including a swimming pool area and a large living room.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels