HI Copa Hostel Reviews

Avenida N.S. Copacabana, 1077 -, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Copa Hostel has a good localization at Copacabana and there are restaurants, markets, drug stores and banks nearby. However, attendance of employees and physical structure is bad and bedrooms and bathrooms are very dirty! On days when I was staying, Internet/wi-fi did not work. I paid for a service that was not provided to me. The daily cheap hostel is not worth it, in view of the terrible services offered.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Excellent location one block from Copacabana beach and the staff were the most helpful I think I've ever met in a hostel!!!! Can't praise them highly enough. The dorms were very small and cramped, the lockers were very big though. Not enough showers or toilets for everyone. Not a great atmosphere when I was there and no other Europeans at all - was very much a hostel for Brazilian and other South American travellers, so if your Portuguese or Spanish isn't great you might be a bit lonely!

• 12th Jan 2014

There's a nice common area but it unexplicably opens during breakfast only. I had issues with broken keys (broken by the staff) and it took 3 hours to have them back. I lost my coat inside the hostel and none of the staff was really willing to help me, I had to find it on my own.

this hostel is located near one of the most popular beaches in the world, they have such a high demand that they don't need to offer a quality place for the travelers. everything is the bare minimum. and honestly, the location is not that great either. yes it's really close to Copacabana, but it's really hectic with so much traffic, noise and crowd. you won't feel relaxed at all at this location.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

Would not stay again. Most of the staff were good and the location was good. The 12 women dorm were crammed in one room as a result the A/c did not reach the people sleeping in the corner by the windows. I was in a all male 8 bed dorm woke up (around4-5 am) to a creepy person fondling me. Anyways that was disturbing but not the hostels fault. I told the counter staff what had happened. They spoke to the manager and a spoke to a witness confirm. Nothing was done. I felt very uncomfortable.

Is located in the middle of Copacabana and 2 blocks from the beach. It has two open spaces to meet people including a swimming pool area and a large living room.

Safe, clean, good breakfast. Its also good location near the beach and on the main copa road. Id recommend it if you wna stay in copacabana, but ipanema is safer, nicer and more modern.

+ Perfect location, helpful stuff. - Not clean, not enough bathrooms. There is a bar in the 1st floor of the hostel and the building is vibrating during the discos at night.

There is no place were you can meet the other guests. Very close to copacabana beach Good breakfast

Accommodation, location, breakfast all excellent. Staff attuned to the needs of the backpackers. It would be helpful to have the locations of the essentials preprinted on the maps: ATMs, supermarket, laundry, PO, that sort of thing and maybe some lighting at the workstations for the WiFi users.

I'll come back to Rio and stay at the same place for sure!

• 13th Sep 2013

Great place for staying in Rio. Lots of activities: party boat, lounge in situ, the best place location in Rio.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Mexico

I had a great experience in this Hostel. The location is perfect and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The only negative that i can think of is that the wifi was not always working so good in certain parts of the hostel. Other than that i dont have a bad word to say!

I just wish the toilets were cleaner but other than that, everything was pretty cool.

• 7th Aug 2013

The hostel is great, especially apparments are. However don´t do the hostel´s city tour. the guy only tells you something if you ask, otherwise it is silent and you don´t get to know anything. Not really a guide, more like a taxi driver. Nice guy though.

Great location! In Rio, hotels and hostels can be really expensive, so this is a really good cost-benefits. Is one block from the Copacabana beach, you have several tends near, and also a station for rent bicycles. The hostel is quite clean, the main issue for me was the bathroom, at the top floor that it only one bathroom, so only one person can use it at a time (one female and one male).

It is the worst experience in a hotel ever : the staff isn t nice at all, the atmosphere is terrible and the house creepy...

I really liked this hostel!

• 20th Jul 2013

nice place and good staff

• 8th Jun 2013

helpful staff,ok prices,if you keep it that way and i'll recommend it to all my mates if we come back next year for the world cup

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels