HI Copa Hostel Reviews

Avenida N.S. Copacabana, 1077 -, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I really liked this hostel!

• 20th Jul 2013

nice place and good staff

• 8th Jun 2013

helpful staff,ok prices,if you keep it that way and i'll recommend it to all my mates if we come back next year for the world cup

Good hostel, the tour guide who did tours organised by the hostels was really cool. The afternoon 4 sights one was great. The hostel had a nice common area but the wifi didn't reach that far (or to room) while I was there (mid-May) so therefore you had to sit in reception. Which was a but of a shame from a social point of view. However I was told by reception they were planning to add a new transmitter to sort so hopefully that'll be soon. Great location, security

• 12th May 2013

And we are going to remake the receiption too, Steven.... It´ll be much better soon, don´t worry... Hugs, Rick

Great hostel! Right next to the beach, clean and amazing staff!

I came to this hostel after not really enjoying my first one and really enjoyed my time here, I was only there for two days but wish I had been there for longer. I have already recommended to other people I've met travelling and if/when I come back to Rio will stay here again. Even though there are so many beds in the room you still get your own space with huge lockers. I met loads of cool people here and the staff are really helpful and friendly, especially Ricky.

It's the second time that I'm using the Copa hostel services. The only thing that they need to improve is a better wi-fi signal in the bedrooms.

• 31st Mar 2013

Everything is good, but there's a lot of room for improvement when it comes to cleanliness. The bathrooms need to be fixed (some taps don't work, and there's a toilet seat that is not well attached to the floor). Most of all, they NEED TO TURN ON THE FREAKING AIR CONDITIONERS AT 10 PM, not two hours later. Overall, I guess I enjoyed staying there.

• 6th Mar 2013

Very expensive for what you get When we asked for directions to main attraction sites, the staff claimed they do not know how to get there and gave out higher entrance rates than actual in order to push their highly expensive tours instead of doing it by ourselves. The hostel has a night club on the first floor which makes the lobby area crowded and noisy and you can hear it all the way up to the top floors. Breakfast is less than minimal and eggs run out about an hour before breakfast ends.

• 25th Feb 2013
  • Israel

One of the worst hostels during my Brasil trip of 2 month. No service, no athmosphere and unfriendly staff ... that all for a horrible expensive price! Can´t recommend it... Brasil can give you much more than this and it´s a pity getting a first impression of Brasil and it´s people like this

• 22nd Feb 2013

L ensemble etait correct Et le staff agreeable.

Staff não falam ingles para um hostel que a maioria vem de fora, staff um tanto rude , precisa de mais educação, mostrou ineficiencia nas minhas e problemas de Guests pelo pouco que estive ai. Vou preencher uma aplicação para o cargo de gerente e exigir mais do staff, no mais curti tudo , valeu!

• 15th Feb 2013

Good place to stay and make new friends. Friendly staff.

Staff is quite friendly and welcoming.

• 14th Feb 2013
  • India

Hostel with a lot of guests. Stayed in an appartment of the same hostel but on other side of the street. It was little old, and had bad maintenance. Things were just fine, but not as perfect as you might expect from a HI hostel. I would recommend it because of the location and facilities which are in the building at Av. Ns. de Copacabana, 1077.

Stayed during carnivale so it was extremely expensive, but so was everywhere else. And was put in a room in an apartment across the road from the hostel, not the actual hostel. The beds were fine, lockers underneath. But the power kept going out and the air con was flaky. Also really hard to find a working power outlet in the place. The facilities in the actual hostel were great. Cool chill out area and a pool on the roof. Free breakfast was good too. Staff were generally helpful.

We were a group of 6 girls who stayed here during Carnival.We had booked into one of the bigger dorms but had booked separately so had emailed the hostel a few times to make sure we'd all be in the same room.When we arrived we found out that we had been upgraded to an apartment 1 block down the road. It was a 1-bed apt but all 6 of us nicely fitted in.It was fantastic to have our own space, bathroom, fridge etc and we didn't have to pay extra.It's 1 block from Copacabana beach so great location!

Electricity kept going out bathroom was old and run down. Staff were helpful and close to beach etc did have aircon that didn't work that well. Overall very dissapointing

• 8th Feb 2013

Arrived for Carnaval, and I do understand that the prices go up for such an event, but 230+ Brazilian Real a night is effin ridiculous for what u get. MAYBE if I had a room in the advertised building it would have been a lot better, instead I was put I'm a small cramped apartment a few blocks away w absolutely no character, charm and most unfortunately for me AC. Coming from Canadian winter into Brazilian summer it's pretty much guaranteed ur going to sweat... But that was too ridiculous

This is a stock standard HI hostel. They have various properties throughout Copa, so don't expect to be at the main one (shown), which means no wifi. The location is great for Copa and 15 from Ipenema. I did one of the tours (Jesus, stairs and sugarloaf), which was decent. Staff are complete hit and miss, so don't expect much from them. Also had my passport stolen and bag from the hostel, so be weary (again, no help from staff). Good atmosphere, but that's more because of the ppl staying there!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels