HI-Edmonton Reviews

10647-81 Avenue, Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Great location in Edmonton and a fair price, but more attention to detail with regards to cleanliness is needed ... the floor in the 8 bed dorm was quite dirty even after housekeeping hours, and the 2nd floor bathroom was out of toilet paper on the first night of my stay. Also, the internet was not great, as it was slow and was experiencing problems with disconnects every 2 minutes during the latter part of my stay. Overall, a good place to stay, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Lights in the lounge are too dim to read by, and I'd rather read down there than in the room. In the room the light is dim, too, and I had to maneuver on the top bunk to read.

• 8th Apr 2014

Very dated building. Staff were friendly enough. Stayed in a private due to availability and was greeted with a small, cold private room that smelled of mothballs (not a joke). Kitchen was nice enough, but the place needs a facelift.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and our kitchen nice. However, I'm sorry to hear the hostel didn't meet your overall expectations. We hope to have our hostel fully painted in new colours this fiscal year. Greg, Manager

Great location... Nothing special, it served it's purpose!! Staff was very friendly, kitchen closed early, that was a first!

• 1st Nov 2013

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you thought our location was great and the staff were very friendly. We close our kitchen at 11 p.m., so our Night Cleaning staff can get in there and have it nice & ready for the morning. Greg, Manager.

The hostel served its purpose well, though I left happy to get away. It was extremely quiet, some actual activities run by the hostel would make a better atmosphere, rather than the board telling us what things are happening elsewhere. Housekeeping took my towel, a micro fibre travel towel that looked nothing like the towels given out at the hostel, and lost it. The staff at the desk were extremely helpful in trying to find it again, but it's not really ideal. Next time I'd try a different hoste