HI-Edmonton Reviews

10647-81 Avenue, Alberta, Edmonton, Canada

Average hostel. Some staff were willing to help, others couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that not all staff members you dealt with were as helpful as they should have been. I have spoken to all staff and reminded them of our high expectations for customer service. Greg, Manager

Stinky , bed bugs, bums living in the hostel, avoid this ugly place, hotels nearby are a lot safer

• 17th Dec 2014

HI Edmonton is always a great value for the money. Close to the university and close to lots of shops, restaurants, pubs, and transit. The only thing it needs is more parking for those of us from our of town.

Very friendly staff, a lot of people from around the world, lower beds could be little higher than they are. Overall - nice hostel. Go for it!

how about put a TV in catchen room

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

Staff were very friendly on check in. After we returned to the hostel at 11pm and were preparing for sleep we were too hot as there was no air conditioning so opened the window to discover that the outdoor area was directly below us and there were loud voices coming up into our room. After half an hour I got dressed and went back down to reception to advise them of the noise and retrieve ear plugs from the car. As I was re-entering the hostel the noise makers were heading outside.

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found our staff very friendly. However, I'm sorry to hear there was some noise in our backyard after quiet time. Our courtyard is closed at 11pm. I have reminded all staff to be extra diligent in enforcing that rule. Greg, Manager

Comfy mattress, friendly

While I was staying here I ended up having to hit the Emergency Room, and the staff were so helpful and caring to get us to the nearest one. They ran a program to see which hospital had the shortest wait time, and it actually made the experience so much less painful. The people here are great!!

The hostel is very well located, close to the famous Whyte Av. That's said, the cleanliness is terrible. We stayed there for 10 days and they haven't cleaned our room at least once! The bathrooms are also dirty. They don't have enough staff for cleaning, so the job is made by receptionists who are not professionals on this. Hopefully we got a private. The dorms are impossible to stay.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. If you're going to be staying in a private room for many days, just ask us and we will gladly do extra cleaning in your room. We do have a Housekeeping department, which includes a night cleaner. Our front desk staff are separate from our cleaning staff. We clean the washrooms thoroughly at least twice per day. Greg, Manager

Lots of helpful services available such as activities board, extra luggage storage, phone cards and lockers for sale. Right next to 2 grocery stores and several banks. On a major bus route. However there are not enough taps in the kitchen (sometimes had to wait to do my dishes) and the fridge is too small for that many people.

Very old building. Dirty in places, fly screen in room was filthy. Seems like no one has spent any money on the place in 30 years. Definitely would not recommend.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. The building is a former convent that was converted into a hostel. We have replaced the screen in that room. Thanks for letting us know. We are a not-for-profit, and unfortunately are only able to do upgrades when capital projects are approved. Greg, Manager

Pretty cool!! nice place to stay after a night party!!!

• 1st Aug 2014