HI-Edmonton

8.0
Fabulous 399 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

This hostel was incredible. The price, Location and staff were all wonderful. My stay was lovely and I will be back for sure in the future. I recommend this hostel if you're visiting Edmonton!

• Canada, Male, 41+
10th Feb 2017

as expected with most hostels

• Chile, Couple, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Very nice at the end of a tiring day, nice bathrooms and showers. Big and modern kitchen with all you could need. Good wifi, parking and awesome staff.

2nd Feb 2017
6.6

Only stayed for two nights and it served its purpose but that was about it. It was really quiet during my time there and I barely met any other guests. Felt a bit "cold" and rough. Okay for a place to sleep but I usually wish for a bit more atmosphere when I stay at hostels. Staff was friendly, barely had any encounters with them apart from checking in and out though.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

Always a pleasure to stay at this hostel. I highly recommend staying there.

• Jamaica, Female, 31-40
25th Dec 2016

The only great challenge I have lie in the bathroom area: the size of the showers, and the gaps between stalls. When using the restrooms and showers I felt as if I would have had more privacy had I been doing my business directly in nature. Otherwise, it was quite OK, though I arrived late, and left early and never checked out any other part of the hostel but my room, and the bathroom/shower area.

11th Nov 2016
7.1

My biggest issue with the hostel is in the winter the rooms are very cold but the blankets they provide are very thin. I know you can always ask for more blankets but I wish the building itself was a little warmer. The staff are really nice, nice big lockers and good wifi. Not a bad location, close to bus stops as well. For the price its not bad!

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you think our staff are really nice and that we have good WiFi. However, I'm sorry to hear you found your room cold. We do have an older heating system, but we have the hostel nice and warm now. We are located in Historic Old Strathcona neighbourhood - the arts and entertainment district. Greg, Manager

26th Oct 2016

HI-Hostel Edmonton was fantastic to stay at. The staff were very friendly and helpful in providing directions to nearby places and were accommodating in allowing me to use the kitchen after hours for brief periods. The showers and bathrooms were clean and felt the security was quite good with keypadded doors, in-room storage lockers large enough for two backpacks, and key-access required to enter any part of the building past the lobby.

16th Oct 2016

The best stay in Edmonton for the location the helpfull staff and the cleanliness of the room. I will recommend this location for any travelers.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
11th Oct 2016
7.7

The location is good, one street back from Whyte Ave, which has a cool bar scene as well as shopping etc. The rooms were a good size, with large lockable lockers. Bathrooms were ok, only 2 showers pr floor though but I only had to wait once. I didnt use the kitchen or common room. Staff were friendly and helpful, they had good local knowledge. The only negatives were the wifi dropped out often, and there werent a lot of outlets in the room, the ones they had were behind other peoples beds.

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you thought our staff were friendly and helpful, and that you liked our location. We have recently been having some issues with our WiFi, however, the problem now seems to be resolved. While we don't have as many outlets as we'd like in our large dorms, we do have lots of charging outlets in our Games Room. Greg, Manager