HI-Edmonton

8.4
Fabulous 405 Total Reviews

• Serbia, Female, 31-40
18th Apr 2017

The room is small but it's not much of a problem. The hostel may not seem bright but it's very clean. The room, toilet and showers were clean and ok. There were some renovations so the room lacked certain things (desk, safe, closet) but they offered 10% discount. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• davidgreekas9275
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
17th Feb 2017

So far the best Hostel I"ve stayed at. Big Kitchen with Fridge ( didn't see freezer), During daytime, staff mopping, cleaning all the time. Room wasn't messy or anything.

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy to hear we're the best hostel you've stayed at! Our freezer is attached to our second fridge, which is located in the food storage locker area. Greg, Manager

• Canada, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

This hostel was incredible. The price, Location and staff were all wonderful. My stay was lovely and I will be back for sure in the future. I recommend this hostel if you're visiting Edmonton!

• Canada, Male, 41+
10th Feb 2017

as expected with most hostels

• Chile, Couple, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Very nice at the end of a tiring day, nice bathrooms and showers. Big and modern kitchen with all you could need. Good wifi, parking and awesome staff.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

Great service, big secure lockers, even breakfast bars/cereal and coffee! The four-bed room was roomy, clean and secure with the key cards. Big lockers make sure your stuff is safe. I shared a bathroom with the floor but I travelled during a relatively quiet time so I shared it with few - it was pretty clean. No complaints :)

2nd Feb 2017
6.6

Only stayed for two nights and it served its purpose but that was about it. It was really quiet during my time there and I barely met any other guests. Felt a bit "cold" and rough. Okay for a place to sleep but I usually wish for a bit more atmosphere when I stay at hostels. Staff was friendly, barely had any encounters with them apart from checking in and out though.

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you found the staff friendly. Unfortunately, we have been much quieter than we're normally used to - even at this time of the year - which has affected the atmosphere. Greg, Manager

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

Always a pleasure to stay at this hostel. I highly recommend staying there.

• Jamaica, Female, 31-40
25th Dec 2016

The only great challenge I have lie in the bathroom area: the size of the showers, and the gaps between stalls. When using the restrooms and showers I felt as if I would have had more privacy had I been doing my business directly in nature. Otherwise, it was quite OK, though I arrived late, and left early and never checked out any other part of the hostel but my room, and the bathroom/shower area.

11th Nov 2016
7.1

My biggest issue with the hostel is in the winter the rooms are very cold but the blankets they provide are very thin. I know you can always ask for more blankets but I wish the building itself was a little warmer. The staff are really nice, nice big lockers and good wifi. Not a bad location, close to bus stops as well. For the price its not bad!

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you think our staff are really nice and that we have good WiFi. However, I'm sorry to hear you found your room cold. We do have an older heating system, but we have the hostel nice and warm now. We are located in Historic Old Strathcona neighbourhood - the arts and entertainment district. Greg, Manager