HI-Edmonton Reviews

10647-81 Avenue, Alberta, Edmonton, Canada

This hostel seems to serve different users as there are regular people who work outside of Edmonton and come back to the Hostel for work breaks. However, this makes it just as interesting to hear their stories. The facilities were all ok and clean! Staff was very nice but was not always well informed about Edmonton and how to use public transport there! The bike I hired was terrible.

• 30th Apr 2015

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found the hostel clean and the staff very nice. I'm glad you met some interesting people, as we always have a good mix of domestic guests and international travelers. We do offer cheap bike rentals. I'm sorry to hear the one you rented didn't meet your expectations. Greg, Manager

Great location

• 30th Apr 2015

bad WI-FI connection

I really enjoyed my stay at HI Edmonton: it's just one block from Whyte Ave and so you're in a really nice area for restaurants, bars, shops... The rooms and bathrooms were clean and I felt really comfortable. Also the staff was friendly and helped where they could. Thanks so much!

The bunks were very low do don't expect much space if you're on the bottom. It was far away from the main attractions in Edmonton so you need a car to get around, but it was close to a super market and some restaurants. Decent sized lockers but no space under the beds to store anything extra.

Thanks for your comments. We are located in Old Strathcona - the arts and entertainment district. Many of the other city attractions are a short ride on the bus, which you can catch one block from the hostel. If you happen to need extra storage space, we have a luggage storage room. Greg, Manager

The hostel is in a great location. Just one block from Whyte Avenue where you will find grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, clubs, and restaurants. They have a big lounge where you can mingle with other travellers. They have a decent size storage in each room. My room's heater at the second floor didn't seem to work very well for a couple of nights. Inspite of the heater problem, I would stay here again and would recommend to my friends. Thanks!

Average hostel. Some staff were willing to help, others couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that not all staff members you dealt with were as helpful as they should have been. I have spoken to all staff and reminded them of our high expectations for customer service. Greg, Manager