HI Edmonton

Fabulous 453 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
11th Aug 2017
7.1

Returning to hostels after some years, I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised by the helpful staff (thanks Molly in particular), friendly atmosphere, good location and decent facilities. Downside: Towels have seen better days, cleaning was average and the lower bunks in the dorms are too low, if you are tall. Also, staff should remind people not to lock dorm doors if someone is arriving late. Oh, and don't yell at the person who has the decency to get up and open the door!

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found us to have helpful staff, a friendly atmosphere, and good facilities. However, I'm sorry we didn't meet your full expectations. We are constantly going through and replacing towels with new ones as noticed. We'll double-check our current stock. Greg, Manager

• imalk0891668
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
7th Aug 2017

Everything was great. I was charged for wifi so I have to figure that one out - but other than that it was a wonderful experience. Adding breakfast and sweeping the bedroom floors are the only two improvements I can think of

4th Aug 2017
7.7

For the bunk bed two women dorm the bottom one is too low. I am 5 feet tall couldn't even seat on my bed. There is only one chair in the room! The room is big enough to put two single beds side by side. I would suggest to put a small shelf for luggage. I only have a back pack but my roommate is from overseas. She has no counter or shelf to put her belongings which she threw hers all over the floor!

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your full expectations. We are still waiting on new lockers for our 2-bed dorms, as the old wooden ones were removed during our recent huge renovation project. We are planning to add new and more items to these rooms as they're approved by regional office. Greg, Manager

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Jul 2017

Staff could not have been nicer! We felt so welcome with directions, tips, maps and swapping of change for the bus. So clean and the 2 share room was perfect when travelling in a pair. Has all the little extras like a tap bunk light and basket by your head as well as quit flooring didn't hear a thing all night! Highly recommend thanks :)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Very nice hostel, bed wasn't the most comfortable but very reasonable for what I paid. Fantastic location, not the most social hostel but still found friendly travelers in the common room.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd Jul 2017

This hostel is in a good location and has lots of facilities. The activities were also good to bring people together. My only issue is that there were no lockers in the room and the breakfast was only a granola bar.

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you liked our location, facilities, and activities. We are still waiting on our new lockers for our 2-bed dorms, stemming from our renovations, but we do have them in our 8-bed dorms. We don't have a breakfast, but we do offer free coffee, tea, and cereal bars. Greg, Manager

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2017
7.4

Nice clean hostel, staff were helpful when I asked for directions etc but they don't show you around so I spent a solid while trying to find my room, bathroom, kitchen and common room. Also there is only one power outlet in the room. Thankfully I was the only person in the 8 bed dorm. Cheap, clean hostel in a good location- shops and food are nearby and so are multiple bus stations. Was quite empty when I was there so didn't have huge atmosphere however good if you want some quiet!

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found the hostel clean, inexpensive, and in a good location. I apologize you weren't given better information about the hostel layout at check-in. We do have limited power outlets in our 8-bed dorms, but lots in our other room types and common areas. Greg, Manager

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2017
8.0

Overall, a good hostel. I stayed in a shared 2 bed dorm that I was lucky to have alone, since there was no locker in the room. The bunk beds are quite small - the bottom bunk has only about two feet of space above! The bathroom facilities were clean and the common area was comfortable. I personally couldn't get the WiFi to work, but I had data so it didn't bother me. Majority of the staff was very friendly. Location was convenient for transit and dining options.

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found the hostel clean and in a convenient location; and that our staff are very friendly. We are still waiting on new lockers for our 2-bed dorms, stemming from our renovation project. We do have lockers in our 8-bed dorms. I'm sorry to hear you couldn't connect to WiFi. I wish we would have known during your stay so we could assist you. Greg, Manager

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

It was really easy to navigate around and feel at home at this hostel.

• England, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

Only stayed for a night but the staff were superb on arrival, very informative and letting us know of events going on at the hostel (seemed there was plenty to do). Good location just off 82nd filled with bars and restaurants, rooms and facilities seemed clean from what we saw.