Very Good 338 Total Reviews
Very Good 338 Total Reviews
HI-Edmonton Located at 10647-81 Avenue, Alberta, Edmonton.
Canada
Edmonton AB 10647-81 Avenue, Alberta
71% 338
53.5167873 -113.5058069
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
25th May 2016

The cleanliness was great except for the dirty dishcloths, which disturbed me a lot. Otherwise, the comfort in the bedroom was good and I always felt in security. I would go there again!

8th May 2016

Very helpful staff, near the university and bars, no atmosphere though

27th Mar 2016
5.7

Just Enough is how I would rate the Hi-Edmonton. There was nothing wrong with it, but nothing right with it either. I go to hostels for the social piece, which did not exist. Where other hostels have nightly activities in the hostel or around town (karaoke, bar crawls, game nights) the Hi-Edmonton has a dry erase board that tells you what is going on. Once they had a wine and cheese night at the hostel, where the staff just left wine and cheese on a table and then walked out.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. During our winter season, we usually experience a lower occupancy. Due to this we currently only have two weekly hostel activities. As we move into our summer season, our hostel activities will be increasing. Greg, Manager

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Feb 2016
5.1

- Only few backpackers , because of that the atmosphere was really bad - Staff is unfriendly compared to the staff in the HI Calgary and Vancouver

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to see we did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you had a negative experience when dealing with our staff. I have spoken to all staff and reminded them of the high level of friendliness and customer service that is expected from them. Greg, Manager

• Canada, Male, 41+
21st Feb 2016
7.1

It was good. No complaints. Clean rooms, good internet service.

• enrighl5380
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
21st Feb 2016

Just what you want, great kitchen facilities, warm room, clean building, 10% discount as they were renovating. Sky shuttle from airport dropped us to the door and an uber to the via rail station was $16. Walking distance to everything.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Feb 2016

My travelling companion and I had a very pleasant stay here and will definitely do it again!

• USA, Male, 41+
7th Dec 2015

Could use art work on cafeteria walls.

6th Dec 2015
6.0

This hostel had the vibe of a senior citizens center, minus the senior citizens. Absolutely no atmosphere and all the guests seemed to be locals, who were extremely standoffish. The hostel is still under repair also so there's that as well...

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations. We do not allow anyone from Edmonton to stay at the hostel. We are usually quieter in the winter, which is our slower season. We are excited about our current renovations and the huge improvements they are going to make to the facility. Greg, Manager