HI-Edmonton Reviews

10647-81 Avenue, Alberta, Edmonton, Canada

The bunks were very low do don't expect much space if you're on the bottom. It was far away from the main attractions in Edmonton so you need a car to get around, but it was close to a super market and some restaurants. Decent sized lockers but no space under the beds to store anything extra.

Thanks for your comments. We are located in Old Strathcona - the arts and entertainment district. Many of the other city attractions are a short ride on the bus, which you can catch one block from the hostel. If you happen to need extra storage space, we have a luggage storage room. Greg, Manager

The hostel is in a great location. Just one block from Whyte Avenue where you will find grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, clubs, and restaurants. They have a big lounge where you can mingle with other travellers. They have a decent size storage in each room. My room's heater at the second floor didn't seem to work very well for a couple of nights. Inspite of the heater problem, I would stay here again and would recommend to my friends. Thanks!

Average hostel. Some staff were willing to help, others couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that not all staff members you dealt with were as helpful as they should have been. I have spoken to all staff and reminded them of our high expectations for customer service. Greg, Manager

HI Edmonton is always a great value for the money. Close to the university and close to lots of shops, restaurants, pubs, and transit. The only thing it needs is more parking for those of us from our of town.

Very friendly staff, a lot of people from around the world, lower beds could be little higher than they are. Overall - nice hostel. Go for it!

how about put a TV in catchen room

• 18th Sep 2014
  • China

Staff were very friendly on check in. After we returned to the hostel at 11pm and were preparing for sleep we were too hot as there was no air conditioning so opened the window to discover that the outdoor area was directly below us and there were loud voices coming up into our room. After half an hour I got dressed and went back down to reception to advise them of the noise and retrieve ear plugs from the car. As I was re-entering the hostel the noise makers were heading outside.

Thanks for your comments. I'm pleased to hear you found our staff very friendly. However, I'm sorry to hear there was some noise in our backyard after quiet time. Our courtyard is closed at 11pm. I have reminded all staff to be extra diligent in enforcing that rule. Greg, Manager

Comfy mattress, friendly