HI Europa Brugge Reviews

Baron Ruzettelaan 143, Bruges, Belgium

The hostel is perfect, if you want a low price and a good bed for sleep. Everything is very clean and the breakfast is very good.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Facilities were nice, and the breakfast great. A bit far from the center, but an overall good hostal.

Had a great time and all the staff were lovely too.

The staff was an old woman that probably didnt liked the job or the tourists, in a short conversation with her she complained of tourists in the city at least 2 times and when asked for things to do she was rude and negative. an example. I asked for bycicle rentals and boat trips in Brugge and she told me that that was impossible to get because they don't do that in winter, she refused even to give me info and we later found out that it was a lie but, we lost the opportunity to have a good time

K, wifi, seriously. Don't limit it to the lobby, then you just have a bunch I people sitting skyping their families when they should be skyping. Leave out the pool balls all the time. Get better sticks for the pool table. Don't close the showers for 3 hours. How long does it really take. And damn that location and damn that security. Just have free personal lockers IN the room that you can open and close with your personal key (like almost every other hostel). Weak.

Everithing was very nice thiugh the assitance of the lady in the counter was very bad and rude and the internet connection is quite frustating to connect

I really like the staff at the desk, she was very welcoming and helpful. Wifi should be provided in dorms as well and not restricted to lobby area only. Overall, i really loves the atmosphere as well as the beautifully located hostel with the pretty landscaping. A good choice for young travelers

No sinks with hot water available, which was a bit of an annoyance. Showers were hot though. Staff spoke great English and very helpful, quite quiet, short walk to town, loads of parking (car park was locked overnight behind big gate which was great). Contrary to other reviewers I thought the breakfast was good, no complaints there. If you want to stay in a budget hostel in Bruges you'll do well with this one.

• 20th Dec 2014

Everything was perfect apart from the drunk rude barman. Breakfast is great and the girl at the reception so kind!! I would highly recomend this hostel!

Everything was clean and nothing out of the ordinary. A 10 minute walk from the bus stop, the breakfast is just bread and cereal, so don't expect it to be hotel-style continental. We only stayed one night, but my advice would be to just stay in Brussels and make a day trip to Bruges. Not much to see in the area.

• 13th Dec 2014

Great bolt hole for resting up whilst exploring Bruges. Superb Value. The guy on reception when we checked in was one of the most helpful people of all time. Functional, convenient.

• 6th Dec 2014

Staff helpful and friendly .En-suite rooms basic but clean. Free breakfast was a bonus and very good. The Hostels location is excellent with free parking and a short stroll to the centre. Would definitely stay here again. Only downside is if you stay longer than 1 night there is no kitchen to use.

Definitely a good place to stay in Bruges! Is a little bit of a hike from the center of town, but the atmosphere is very friendly and in general the staff was accommodating. Only complaint is that the Wifi doesn't really work in the rooms, and there were only two electrical outlets for an entire room of six people! Breakfast was great, facilities were clean, nice people. Would definitely recommend!

• 6th Dec 2014

Great breakfast. MINUSES: Had to use tap water from the BATHROOM sink to then heat in MICROWAVE to make noodles (I was on a budget). Then had to ask staffer to drain said noodles of water in kitchen I was not allowed to use. Paid for use of cutlery/bowl!! This AJs should let guests use kitchen when so far from town. Too much money wasted on vacant spaces making hostel look even more dead than usual. Shower space filthy and apparently freezing anyway so did not use it. No lockers.

More electricity plugs needed in the rooms!!!

• 29th Nov 2014

Room smells not good. Location is a little bit far from center. Others are good!

Nearly all was perfect during our stay, the unique reproach I can make is that the wifi is just working at the reception and in the breakfast room but not in the room, and that's not very usefull... :((( But the room was clean, the situation is not far from center and the breakfast was excellent. I can also say that the size of beds is a little bit too narrow

I didn't really like this place, although I can't put my finger on why, specifically. Just... bad vibes. Also, the wifi only worked downstairs, and you have to log in again every time you close your device. And I found it very cold, for some reason. It's located just outside the main town, about a 10 minute walk. However, Brugge itself was beautiful, and this place didn't spoil the experience. But if I came back, I might try somewhere different. (One plus: the free breakfast was very good!)

Nice place to stay.

The hostel was big with lots of space for our bikes, but it still felt like a welcoming place. The arrangements for late returning to the rooms were useful. The beds were surprisingly comfortable (once we'd figured the sheets out)! The only thing I missed was the use of a toaster at breakfast but this is probably a bit of a British thing...

• 25th Oct 2014