HI Europa Brugge Reviews

Baron Ruzettelaan 143, Bruges, Belgium

You get what you pay for. It is close to the centre (15min walk) and you can walk there from the train station. It is quiet. It could be cleaner, and lockers large enough for a backpack/ suitcase would be good. There is a small locker for a handbag etc.

This hostel was clean, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was good; standard with fresh fruit. My small and few cons: there were only two outlets in a room of 6, not too bad since there were plugs in the lobby. Secondly there wasn't really a hostel atmosphere, which made it more difficult to meet people. I normally stay in hostels that have kitchens, but, although there was no kitchen, they allowed ouside food to be brought in. Overall a good, clean stay.

Very nice hostel. Location is a bit far from city center, but it's only a 15 minute walk or 5 minute bike ride (and you can rent good bikes for a cheap price at the hostel) Beds super comfortable. Shared bathrooms are super clean and there's plenty of them. No lockers but I actually didn't feel like I needed them. Breakfast included, a major plus! If you don't mind the very short walk to city centre, this is totally recommended!

I wish they had wifi and more power plugs in the rooms. Other than that it was a good hostel. Staff were very kind and smiling all the time. They have a great breakfast.

Too noisy: please don't put a group of 30 teenagers in the same hallway as other lodgers, especially when there's clearly enough room elsewhere for them, where there's less risk of them disturbing other people.

• 4th Jul 2015

No frills, old school hostel.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Definitely recommended! One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Might seem a bit far from the centre but it only takes about 10 min to walk and it's worth it. Breakfast is very good and the atmosphere is really nice.

It the best place to stay in Bruge, the staff was so help and the rooms were spacey and clean , I love the front lawn and bike cycle, its really very near to train station which was great , the breakfast had variety of food,hostel was peaceful and calm which was nice

Not a bad hostel, just no atmosphere at all! It's a 15ish minute walk into the city (and I think there are buses, too). The grounds are beautiful and would be a lovely place to relax before or after a long day out and about. Just an average hostel.

A nice place. Nothing fancy, and a bit of a walk into town, but it served me well for the few days I was there.

Very nice staff, especially Peter was very helpful! The rooms are basic with bunk beds, shower was quite small and outdated but there was everything what we needed. Breakfast is quite limited but sufficient. I would advise the Hostel to buy a toaster for bread because many many people where asking for it and it does not cost that much but adds a lot of value! :)

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Hostel was better than my expectation and breakfast was very good. The only problem I faced was finding it at night. It wasn't very far away from station but I almost got lost with no internet and low cell phone battery. Couldn't find the buses with numbers mentioned in direction.

If you're looking for a place to sleep and that's it, great place. There really wasn't an atmosphere at all when I was there. Could've just been my luck with the people staying there, though. The showers got locked up when the desk closed the only night I tried to take a shower late. About a 5-10 minute walk from the city. They charge for using utensils and plates, as well as printing. The free breakfast was good, though.

Lovely place. Only 15 to 20 min from the train station and to the city center. Great facilities e great staff.

Excellent value and a pleasant 15 min walk to the centre of town. Clean, quiet (snorers stay away please!) and a simple but tasty breakfast included.

• 6th Jun 2015

Overall it was a good stay! Would stay again!

• 5th Jun 2015

I don't expect a world class hotel when visiting a backpackers hostel, but this was a serious dud. Way out of the inner city of Bruges, terribly outdated and it reeked of sewer. The beds were horrible in a poorly ventilated room. The shower was okay, the wifi aweful, and there were hardly any power outlets. The staff, however was fantastic. So nice and helpful. That made everything okay, but I don't think I will return. I have stayed in many hostels, but this was one of the worse.

Our stay here was fine, but I probably wouldn't recommend this hostel. For one, it would be better to stay right in Brugge rather than a 10-minute walk from the outside perimeter of old town. Also, the facilities were outdated and eerie. It felt like back in the ole days this was a really cool place to stay, but now is dilapidated and too yellow everywhere. It would be nice if wifi were available in the rooms as well and there was only one plug in the rooms.

The hostel is very clean and with in walking distance from the center, there are a lot of information on the activités to do with other travellers (walking tour, pub crawl, etc.) and that's appreciable. It is a very quiet place as well so people are enclined to watch out and be quiet as well, in the morning for example. Nice !

• 24th May 2015

I only stayed for a single night, but I had a good time. The atmosphere seemed very quiet and not very social, which was surprising since the hostel was fully booked. Staff were very kind and helpful though, beds were comfortable, and everything felt very clean and secure. Overall a nice stay.