HI Europa Brugge Reviews

Baron Ruzettelaan 143, Bruges, Belgium

Not a bad hostel, just no atmosphere at all! It's a 15ish minute walk into the city (and I think there are buses, too). The grounds are beautiful and would be a lovely place to relax before or after a long day out and about. Just an average hostel.

A nice place. Nothing fancy, and a bit of a walk into town, but it served me well for the few days I was there.

Very nice staff, especially Peter was very helpful! The rooms are basic with bunk beds, shower was quite small and outdated but there was everything what we needed. Breakfast is quite limited but sufficient. I would advise the Hostel to buy a toaster for bread because many many people where asking for it and it does not cost that much but adds a lot of value! :)

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

Hostel was better than my expectation and breakfast was very good. The only problem I faced was finding it at night. It wasn't very far away from station but I almost got lost with no internet and low cell phone battery. Couldn't find the buses with numbers mentioned in direction.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan

If you're looking for a place to sleep and that's it, great place. There really wasn't an atmosphere at all when I was there. Could've just been my luck with the people staying there, though. The showers got locked up when the desk closed the only night I tried to take a shower late. About a 5-10 minute walk from the city. They charge for using utensils and plates, as well as printing. The free breakfast was good, though.

Lovely place. Only 15 to 20 min from the train station and to the city center. Great facilities e great staff.

Excellent value and a pleasant 15 min walk to the centre of town. Clean, quiet (snorers stay away please!) and a simple but tasty breakfast included.

• 6th Jun 2015

Overall it was a good stay! Would stay again!

• 5th Jun 2015

I don't expect a world class hotel when visiting a backpackers hostel, but this was a serious dud. Way out of the inner city of Bruges, terribly outdated and it reeked of sewer. The beds were horrible in a poorly ventilated room. The shower was okay, the wifi aweful, and there were hardly any power outlets. The staff, however was fantastic. So nice and helpful. That made everything okay, but I don't think I will return. I have stayed in many hostels, but this was one of the worse.

Our stay here was fine, but I probably wouldn't recommend this hostel. For one, it would be better to stay right in Brugge rather than a 10-minute walk from the outside perimeter of old town. Also, the facilities were outdated and eerie. It felt like back in the ole days this was a really cool place to stay, but now is dilapidated and too yellow everywhere. It would be nice if wifi were available in the rooms as well and there was only one plug in the rooms.

The hostel is very clean and with in walking distance from the center, there are a lot of information on the activités to do with other travellers (walking tour, pub crawl, etc.) and that's appreciable. It is a very quiet place as well so people are enclined to watch out and be quiet as well, in the morning for example. Nice !

• 24th May 2015

I only stayed for a single night, but I had a good time. The atmosphere seemed very quiet and not very social, which was surprising since the hostel was fully booked. Staff were very kind and helpful though, beds were comfortable, and everything felt very clean and secure. Overall a nice stay.

Nice hostel, nice and friendly staff, the only thing I did not like was that in a six person room there are only two outlets ( to charge phones/cameras ). breakfast finish too early ( 9:30 ). good place if you have a bike, because the center is 10 min biking.

good location but old, run down bulding and facilities, poor breakfast.

Wi-Fi wasn't working, the bathroom was dirty, bar was closed at 11pm

A little far away from the city, but definitely manageable since Brugges is so small. The rooms were nice minus the paper thin walls and the obnoxiously loud people staying in the room next to us. Good value for the money, easy to find and free breakfast.

No wifi in the rooms.

A lot of families there... Kind of a difficult setting for meeting people. Luckily for me the people in my room were awesome, and I ended up going out with them on nights, but definitely not the traditional hostel feel. Breakfast was awesome, and included. Definitely worth the extra money in the room. Location kinda far from the city, but not so bad went to the city every night, and had no problems. Had trouble getting hot water in the showers though. Cold showers all 3 days for me.

I did not like this hostel one bit, very little atmosphere and a very dull place. The smell was terrible

There are no kitchen facilities at this location. The breakfast which is included is excellent. There is no wifi in the rooms.

• 12th May 2015