HI - Faro Youth Hostel Reviews

Rua da PSP, Edificio do IPJ, Faro, Portugal

Like before,very good value for money,staff were very helpful,kitchen a little small.

• 29th Sep 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It's ok if you want to stay 1 or two nights or if you don't go in hostel to meet people. The bed are not good. It was really warm in my room. The breakfast is really poor. I will not recommand this place or just if you want to have a cheap place to sleep for 1/2 nights without expecting more.

Almost nothing to complain about: the staff was so friendly from the very first moment:as we had to leave very early in the morning and we could not have the breakfast they offered which is included in the price, they prepared for us a pair of sandwiches and something to drink at 6 a.m, very nice detail. The only thing is that, from our point of view te check is was a little bit late (16 p.m), but at least we could leave thr baggage there. Points to improve: cleanliness in the kitchen.

Great hostel with great staff, huge terrace outside to chill.There is free breakfast and even if U're leaving during night U won't miss it - I got a sandwich and chocolate milk for take away when I was checking out :) The only minus : opening hours of the kitchen :) ---> I didn't know that it's closed after midnight and I left everything what I bought for my trip inside hehe (my tip: info should be inside the kitchen ;) )

You get what you pay for. In other words, not much. Rooms and facilities are quite sober, but I guess they function. They can definitely win some points in cleanliness.

We didn't see anyone ever cleaning the rooms. In the bathroom it was normal that you had not any paper for drying your hands and the soap reeks like chewinggum. The atmosphere was very poor and there were not many backpackers but a French school class who were very noisy in the corridors all the time. And I hung up some clothes for drying on the terrace...someone had really stolen one of my tops! Further the kitchen like a small closet. It was reeking and not clean and bad facilities also...

Really nice! (just missing some locker for big suitcase...)

No Hostel where you can easily bond with people. It's just a cheap place to sleep.

This was a great place to stay once you find it! Right next to a park, located in a residential neighbourhood, it was very peaceful. Plus, it was only a 10-20 minutes walk from city center, the docks to ferries and groceries were very close. The staff was nice and though the facility was pretty basic, it was very clean. They offer lockers for valuables at no charge and the way you lock your room keeps unauthorized people out, assuming your roomies follow it. Great value and a great place!

Only bad thing is the internet not working at all the youth hostels I stayed in while in Portugal; and it was a bit far although the city is really small and you could still walk throughout it

Good toilets and bedroons, breakfast not too bad. Each bedroom has only one key, so you need to ask in the reception all the time about the key.

A quiet place, very friendly staff and the breakfast included is def value for money. And they have a nice terrace.

Everything was fine.

This is an excellent hostel, very central beside a park. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly and the free breakfast adds to the good value. It is very clean and there is a good terrace to relax in the Portuguese sunshine. The only downside is that it is very quiet with only a few guests. However I will stay here again when I visit Faro.

It is cheap but will need 15-20mins walk from train and bus station with heavy backpack. wifi is weak in room. got few mosquito bites at night as the window does not have net screen and it was pretty hot. the dinning room is very hot like a green house at daytime. free breakfast with Portugal YHA standard was not bad. they have a pc for free use. staff are helpful. kitchen is small but you can still cook something. noisy and dirty when group stayed.