HI - Faro Youth Hostel Reviews

Rua da PSP, Edificio do IPJ, Faro, Portugal

Like before,very good value for money,staff were very helpful,kitchen a little small.

• 29th Sep 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It's ok if you want to stay 1 or two nights or if you don't go in hostel to meet people. The bed are not good. It was really warm in my room. The breakfast is really poor. I will not recommand this place or just if you want to have a cheap place to sleep for 1/2 nights without expecting more.

Almost nothing to complain about: the staff was so friendly from the very first moment:as we had to leave very early in the morning and we could not have the breakfast they offered which is included in the price, they prepared for us a pair of sandwiches and something to drink at 6 a.m, very nice detail. The only thing is that, from our point of view te check is was a little bit late (16 p.m), but at least we could leave thr baggage there. Points to improve: cleanliness in the kitchen.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is beautiful, because it's beside a park, but it takes some minutes to walk to the city centre. Anyway the Hostel itself is clean, there are small rooms and there's just one key for one room, so the security is quite good. Just the breakfast wasn't that great, because there's a special number of things you can choose of a list - not a very cosy system. But all in all the accomodation and the costs were fine!

Great hostel with great staff, huge terrace outside to chill.There is free breakfast and even if U're leaving during night U won't miss it - I got a sandwich and chocolate milk for take away when I was checking out :) The only minus : opening hours of the kitchen :) ---> I didn't know that it's closed after midnight and I left everything what I bought for my trip inside hehe (my tip: info should be inside the kitchen ;) )

You get what you pay for. In other words, not much. Rooms and facilities are quite sober, but I guess they function. They can definitely win some points in cleanliness.

We didn't see anyone ever cleaning the rooms. In the bathroom it was normal that you had not any paper for drying your hands and the soap reeks like chewinggum. The atmosphere was very poor and there were not many backpackers but a French school class who were very noisy in the corridors all the time. And I hung up some clothes for drying on the terrace...someone had really stolen one of my tops! Further the kitchen like a small closet. It was reeking and not clean and bad facilities also...

Really nice! (just missing some locker for big suitcase...)

No Hostel where you can easily bond with people. It's just a cheap place to sleep.

This was a great place to stay once you find it! Right next to a park, located in a residential neighbourhood, it was very peaceful. Plus, it was only a 10-20 minutes walk from city center, the docks to ferries and groceries were very close. The staff was nice and though the facility was pretty basic, it was very clean. They offer lockers for valuables at no charge and the way you lock your room keeps unauthorized people out, assuming your roomies follow it. Great value and a great place!

Only bad thing is the internet not working at all the youth hostels I stayed in while in Portugal; and it was a bit far although the city is really small and you could still walk throughout it

Good toilets and bedroons, breakfast not too bad. Each bedroom has only one key, so you need to ask in the reception all the time about the key.