HI Holandes Reviews

Rua da Assembleia 162, Vila do Abraão Ilha Grande, Ilha Grande, Brazil

One of the nicest places I ever stayed. It´s a little juwel of a hostel. The walk isn´t far and as well, it shoudn´t play a role when you have a chance to stay at Holandes. There´s nothing to say --- a place to relax and to chat away if you want to. Delicous breakfast, great beds and very kind staff. It was hard to leave. Go there and appreciate this place!

Beautiful place. Not really a social hostel.

This was the best hostel I ever stayed in... Nice and clean, good location, low price, very good breakfast but very sweet... sometimes would be better to have more salty dishes .. but in total very good and nice place to stay :)

The hostel is great, very beutiful place, full of trees and great bethrooms for 2 (like a little cabin in the forest, made from wood, very nice, confortable and convinie

We definitly would go back there, great place to stay! hammac, lovely staff, breakfast, bed! And amazing garden!

Bring bug repellant since there are no mosquito nets inside the lodgings

• 6th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel and nice staff. The breakfast is particularly good with home made cakes and we really enjoyed the hamacs :)

Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Clean and attractive premises. Good sized room

Liked the service, very nice and helpfull staff. The breakfast was very good, even though we missed eggs and fresh fruit juice, besides this we were very satisfied. Clean toilets, WARM shower, comfortable beds.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Very average, bungalows are quite small and musty

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Amazing hostel at Ilha grande. Great and beautifull location, easy to walk from the boat terminal. Best breakfast ever! Nice staff, gave interesting suggestions. Internet is really bad on the island, so be prepared. We had a great stay, one of my favorite hostels ever! Can't possibly give a lower rate than 100%

Fun hostel. Great common area with a good vibe. It would be helpful if the staff spoke other languages - I speak Spanish and I still had a hard time communicating with most of the staff, who only spoke Portuguese (except for one, who spoke English). The location is great if you're looking for something a little out of the way. I thought the jungle vibe was fun, but you have to be prepared to walk a little ways from the boat dock. Overall, good hostel (and hot showers were a definite plus!).

Great hostel. Great atmosphere. The staff were really helpful, for example ringing to organise a boat trip, that started in one hour, whilst we had breakfast!

Everything here was fantastic minus (if I had to pick, the wifi was a bit spotty). Above all the atmosphere was what made the place. Set back from the beach, just far enough to feel in private and at peace. 10/10 would recommend.

• 6th Aug 2014

This was the coolest hostel I've stayed at. By the first night I went out with the hostel staff and met so many new people. I wanted to stay much longer. I forgot my glasses in the hostel and Marcela (one of the workers) arranged someone coming back to Rio to bring my glasses with them. I couldn't believe her kindness!

Absolutely loved this hostel. Clean hostel with fantastic breakfast. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Fairly big hostel so it has the potential to be quite busy. We didn't mind that but something to bare in mind if you are looking for a small hostel.

Staff and hostel were fantastic. Highly recommended for solo travelers. Met a lot of great people and had a blast.

I was extremely happy with my stay at hi Hollandes! Accommodation was very clean and comfortable! I felt like I was staying in a little cottage! Breakfast was amazing also - I was nearly full for the day after it!

• 15th Jul 2014

Just a great hostel! Good value for money. Verry cosy and calm athmosphere.

Staff did not speak English - not a biggie on this island though. A good hostel, relaxing and clean. Good breakfast.