HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

excellent in all categories like location, staff, cleanliness, safety of belongings, security...

The hostel was in a great location only a block from the beach. The only issue was that the staff were not particularly friendly. We said good morning and got ignored because the staff member was just getting to work at 6:30am and obviously did not want to be there!

I enjoyed my 5 days stay in this hostel. The location is perfect! It is about 2 blocks from the beach. I thought I would have issue with sleeping since the rooms don't have any AirConditioner but Hawaii is very breezy. Wifi was good. I do suggest wearing ear plugs since its a bit noisy with trucks passing by early morning. I'll be back to stay here for sure!

The downer is that no alcohol is allowed, which (when I was there) seemed to keep social people out of this hostel.

• 1st Apr 2015

Owner cares trully best hostel i have stayed in

Very clean, very helpful staff. We had one of the double ensuites, which was small but nice. Kitchen is well equipt and also very clean. It's a good and affordable way to live in the heart of waikiki.

My first Hostel stay, and it was great! Paul was wonderful, the guests were wonderful! No complaints, everything was smooth and easy and everyone was helpful and kind. I will def be using Hostel International in the near future.

• 20th Mar 2015

Great location, right in the middle of it all. Easy access to main attractions. Also have free boogie boards, seats etc to take with you to the beach! Room was big, bathroom was on the small side. Downsides, the 2 nights I was there, there was no hot water.

The location is amazing, the Hostel is right on Waikiki beach, the only way you would get better location is if you were in one of the costly posh hotels. The hostel does feel a little like you are back at school and for travelers such as my wife and I, it can be a little patronising. There are boggy boards and chairs for the the beach and you just pick them up from the reception. The TV room and kitchen is cool. The Location is the biggest selling point and for that alone it is worth it

I had a great stay at HI Waikiki! It's a great location and the staff was very nice and knowledgable about the island. It was a great base station for exploring. I would defiantly stay again and recommend it to anyone wanting to see Oahu.

• 12th Mar 2015

Two blocks from Waikiki beach with cheap surfboard rental shop in between. 1 block from $5 breakfast at Korean place. 2 blocks from grocery store (Food Pantry) and other affordable restaurants and diners on Kuhio. Convenient bus stops on Kuhio. Dry/smoke free hostel but a really good thing in our opinion despite fact we like to party. Got our party on in the dark side of Kuhio and returned to a quiet hostel for sound sleep. Great place!

perfect private room for a week, it was a bit noisy. But we were told in advance. close to beach, shops and restaurants

• 7th Mar 2015

This hostel is a 5 minute walk from Waikiki Beach and you would be hard pressed to find somewhere else with a location like that for so cheap! It wasn't a particularly social hostel, but this didn't bother my friend & I, as we were spending the majority of our time in Hawaii outside of course! The price we paid for our week in Waikiki was hardly a fraction of what we would have paid for a hotel, and we still had a private double with our own bathroom. There's really nothing to complain about!

I have things stolen in my room and food also stolen in the kitchen. The kitchen just open closes at midnight and just open at 7am, it didnt work for me, cause we wanted leave at 6:30am. But the hostel is very clean and has a good location.

• 1st Mar 2015

I was glad that I made the choice to stay here. It is well located and very comfortable to be in. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the staff was awesome. The only complaint I had was that the locks on the building almost worked too well and sometimes I had to try several times to get the lock to give, even when I was using the correct key, it was just a very stiff lock. The lack of AC wasn't a big deal (in March...) the windows and fans were more than enough.

Great hostel! Clean and great location! Stayed there for a week, really enjoyed it!

Very good location and security!

Upon leaving this hostel - a day early - I looked at the wall and noticed the "artwork" in my room. It was a black frame with cardboard in it. That non-existent art sums up my stay. I was checked in without incident, however I was only given A sheet as linen. My bed was devoid of any bedding and reception was closed by that point. There were no visable outlets to plug anything in, no ventallation, and the place was quite noisy. I've stayed in better hostels in developing countries.

Best hostel in Waikiki. (I also stayed in Seaside hostel). Excellent location just a block from Waikiki beach, main shopping street, lots of restaurants and bars nearby. 6 bed dorm is more like a 3 bed as it is divided into two rooms. Excellent kitchen to cook meals since its pricey to eat out everyday. Met lots of other travellers there to go hiking with and rent a car to north shore. Staff are AWESOME. Especially Rocko! He should get a raise.

Kitchen could be opened before 7AM.

« first « Prev 1 2 3