HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

This was my first Hostel experience ever and I'm thrilled that it was so pleasant! The staff were very friendly- especially Paul the retired school teacher. He was very friendly and event lent me a lock to store my valuables while I went to the beach. The hostel is extremely central and quiet - key points for me.

• 10th May 2015

This Hostel has a really good location just a block back from the beach and its central enough in Waikiki that's its not far to walk anywhere. The bus stops are also only a block away too. The Hostel is a bit barren and sparse and in need of a facelift.We stayed in a Private Twin and the bunks were just metal frame and the only other thing in the room was a bin so a desk or a cupboard (in front of the unused door to the dorm next door). The Common area is relatively small and its not very social

My first time in Hawaii was greatly helped by the staff who were more the happy to let me know where to go and what to do around town.

Fantastic location! Exceptionally clean facilities (cleaned every day!) beds comfy! well stocked kitchen, all the tools you need (bring your own coffee press). Staff is very professional and maintains hostel to best standards.

• 25th Apr 2015

Not a bad place. Wouldn't visit Waikiki again though. Too much tourism, not enough Hawaii

The bath tub got a lot of stain or soap stain. The people who works there very helpful and nice. Location the best. Very safe with the gate close all the time.

excellent in all categories like location, staff, cleanliness, safety of belongings, security...

The hostel was in a great location only a block from the beach. The only issue was that the staff were not particularly friendly. We said good morning and got ignored because the staff member was just getting to work at 6:30am and obviously did not want to be there!

I enjoyed my 5 days stay in this hostel. The location is perfect! It is about 2 blocks from the beach. I thought I would have issue with sleeping since the rooms don't have any AirConditioner but Hawaii is very breezy. Wifi was good. I do suggest wearing ear plugs since its a bit noisy with trucks passing by early morning. I'll be back to stay here for sure!

The facilities was very well maintained and clean. Staff was helpful and kind.

• 5th Apr 2015

The downer is that no alcohol is allowed, which (when I was there) seemed to keep social people out of this hostel.

• 1st Apr 2015

Owner cares trully best hostel i have stayed in

Very clean, very helpful staff. We had one of the double ensuites, which was small but nice. Kitchen is well equipt and also very clean. It's a good and affordable way to live in the heart of waikiki.

My first Hostel stay, and it was great! Paul was wonderful, the guests were wonderful! No complaints, everything was smooth and easy and everyone was helpful and kind. I will def be using Hostel International in the near future.

• 20th Mar 2015

Great location, right in the middle of it all. Easy access to main attractions. Also have free boogie boards, seats etc to take with you to the beach! Room was big, bathroom was on the small side. Downsides, the 2 nights I was there, there was no hot water.

The location is amazing, the Hostel is right on Waikiki beach, the only way you would get better location is if you were in one of the costly posh hotels. The hostel does feel a little like you are back at school and for travelers such as my wife and I, it can be a little patronising. There are boggy boards and chairs for the the beach and you just pick them up from the reception. The TV room and kitchen is cool. The Location is the biggest selling point and for that alone it is worth it

I had a great stay at HI Waikiki! It's a great location and the staff was very nice and knowledgable about the island. It was a great base station for exploring. I would defiantly stay again and recommend it to anyone wanting to see Oahu.

• 12th Mar 2015

Two blocks from Waikiki beach with cheap surfboard rental shop in between. 1 block from $5 breakfast at Korean place. 2 blocks from grocery store (Food Pantry) and other affordable restaurants and diners on Kuhio. Convenient bus stops on Kuhio. Dry/smoke free hostel but a really good thing in our opinion despite fact we like to party. Got our party on in the dark side of Kuhio and returned to a quiet hostel for sound sleep. Great place!

perfect private room for a week, it was a bit noisy. But we were told in advance. close to beach, shops and restaurants

• 7th Mar 2015

This hostel is a 5 minute walk from Waikiki Beach and you would be hard pressed to find somewhere else with a location like that for so cheap! It wasn't a particularly social hostel, but this didn't bother my friend & I, as we were spending the majority of our time in Hawaii outside of course! The price we paid for our week in Waikiki was hardly a fraction of what we would have paid for a hotel, and we still had a private double with our own bathroom. There's really nothing to complain about!

« first « Prev 1 2 3