HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Was ok location was awesome but the no drinking policy and no where to enjoy a ciggarette made it seem bland especially the no alcohol as drinking in the bars was costly

Really clean hostel but it is still a bit noisy after 10:00pm. I booked a 6bed dorms but there was 7 bed and one hidden/private bedroom in the dorm. Totally it was 8 person that were staying in that room. But I think this is pretty common in Waikiki for other hostels as well. I don't know why but it was hard to connect with other people here. Everyone is so quiet. I'm missing the family feeling in this hostel.

Clean, casual and comfortable. Really nice place to stay in Waikiki. The staff were great, really friendly, helpful and understanding. 2 mins to the beach and close to everything around Waikiki. Also just off the town bus route to the airport. Would stay here again and would recommend for sure.

The Waikiki Hostel was just what we were looking for, great location, straightforward service, and good times! If you have hostelled before, this will certainly float your boat! two blocks from Waikiki beach! Aloha!

• 2nd Jul 2015

One of the best hostel I have come across and stayed with. Paul was so very helpful as I landed there with an injury. He helped me tremendously. Thank you Paul.

Very clean, super well-located and helpful staff.

I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights in a private room. For the most part, my stay was okay. I'm not picky in terms of hostels but there are quite a few things I think you should be aware of before booking at this hostel! Cons: -NO ALCOHOL and they will confiscate which we were unaware of before booking -No check in until 3 -No kettle -No A/C -Staff are not very friendly Pros: -Free beach stuff (chairs, snorkels) -Location is perfect -Single room has bathroom -clean kitchen & lots of storage

Staff were very helpful. Location is close to the beach.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • China

The queen size bed in the double unsuite private room is so soft that caused uncomfortable to lie down and backache after sleep. There should be a table in the room to put daily used things on.

Great place to stay!

This hostel is in a very convenient central location. It's superbly clean!! Unbelievable! Everything is clean, neat and tidy. Despite being in a very central location, it's very quiet. Paul is exceptionally helpful, nothing is too much an ask.

Very clean and excellent location to the beach.

• 13th Jun 2015

Would have been nice if there were some space where to put clothes.

Paul & Rocco were awesome great customer service provided for the amount of guests in & out of this hostel they did an excellent job to make you feel welcome and know their guests names an impressive skill. Great with providing advice & Rocco was happy to show his guests a good time in his own time. I highly recommend booking a stay at HI Waikiki great place, awesome location & excellent team to run this ship.

I sent in a form to the hostel already. The place was so warm and friendly.

• 5th Jun 2015

The location of the hostel was the best. Paul and his staff were very helpful and our private room very clean. Do I forget to tell that the location is better than any Hilton, sheraton or mariott?

Gret location.

We stayed at one of the double bed suites for two nights. We thought the mattress could be improved (it was somehow uncomfortable, very thin) and that the sheets could be replaced (they were a little worn out). Apart from that, we found the room to be clean, good sized , and in an excellent location for Waikiki. Also, Paul at the front desk was very helpful.

Excellent kitchen! Super clean! Nice beds!

My stay at HI Waikiki was absolutely awesome! I enjoyed everything about my stay!

• 13th May 2015