HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Clean, casual and comfortable. Really nice place to stay in Waikiki. The staff were great, really friendly, helpful and understanding. 2 mins to the beach and close to everything around Waikiki. Also just off the town bus route to the airport. Would stay here again and would recommend for sure.

Very clean, super well-located and helpful staff.

I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights in a private room. For the most part, my stay was okay. I'm not picky in terms of hostels but there are quite a few things I think you should be aware of before booking at this hostel! Cons: -NO ALCOHOL and they will confiscate which we were unaware of before booking -No check in until 3 -No kettle -No A/C -Staff are not very friendly Pros: -Free beach stuff (chairs, snorkels) -Location is perfect -Single room has bathroom -clean kitchen & lots of storage

Staff were very helpful. Location is close to the beach.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • China

Great place to stay!

This hostel is in a very convenient central location. It's superbly clean!! Unbelievable! Everything is clean, neat and tidy. Despite being in a very central location, it's very quiet. Paul is exceptionally helpful, nothing is too much an ask.

Very clean and excellent location to the beach.

• 13th Jun 2015

Would have been nice if there were some space where to put clothes.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Paul & Rocco were awesome great customer service provided for the amount of guests in & out of this hostel they did an excellent job to make you feel welcome and know their guests names an impressive skill. Great with providing advice & Rocco was happy to show his guests a good time in his own time. I highly recommend booking a stay at HI Waikiki great place, awesome location & excellent team to run this ship.

I sent in a form to the hostel already. The place was so warm and friendly.

• 5th Jun 2015

The location of the hostel was the best. Paul and his staff were very helpful and our private room very clean. Do I forget to tell that the location is better than any Hilton, sheraton or mariott?

Gret location.

We stayed at one of the double bed suites for two nights. We thought the mattress could be improved (it was somehow uncomfortable, very thin) and that the sheets could be replaced (they were a little worn out). Apart from that, we found the room to be clean, good sized , and in an excellent location for Waikiki. Also, Paul at the front desk was very helpful.

Excellent kitchen! Super clean! Nice beds!

My stay at HI Waikiki was absolutely awesome! I enjoyed everything about my stay!

• 13th May 2015

This was my first Hostel experience ever and I'm thrilled that it was so pleasant! The staff were very friendly- especially Paul the retired school teacher. He was very friendly and event lent me a lock to store my valuables while I went to the beach. The hostel is extremely central and quiet - key points for me.

• 10th May 2015

This Hostel has a really good location just a block back from the beach and its central enough in Waikiki that's its not far to walk anywhere. The bus stops are also only a block away too. The Hostel is a bit barren and sparse and in need of a facelift.We stayed in a Private Twin and the bunks were just metal frame and the only other thing in the room was a bin so a desk or a cupboard (in front of the unused door to the dorm next door). The Common area is relatively small and its not very social

My first time in Hawaii was greatly helped by the staff who were more the happy to let me know where to go and what to do around town.

Fantastic location! Exceptionally clean facilities (cleaned every day!) beds comfy! well stocked kitchen, all the tools you need (bring your own coffee press). Staff is very professional and maintains hostel to best standards.

• 25th Apr 2015

Not a bad place. Wouldn't visit Waikiki again though. Too much tourism, not enough Hawaii

« first « Prev 1 2 3