HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

The staff is great - so friendly! Rocko invited us on hikes and firework night and Paul is exceptionally nice, very calm and down to earth and really helps out in every way he can. Beds are good, doesn't shake or make too much noise, when crawling up in the upper bunks. Kitchen is clean.

since Paul has taken over as general manager the hostel has improved in all areas you need a combination freezer regrigerator

• 10th Dec 2014

The bed in room 401 probably needs to be fixed ?

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

When the Kitchen, Great Room and TV room are finished with the remodel, things will be back to normal and convenient once again. We have stayed here three different times over four years. Great location. Great price.

This hostel needed to have more pots, pans, plates, utensils, etc. as each room has a kitchenette, but none of them have dishes and cutlery, they are all just in the main communal kitchen, and they are very few. The third floor patio is phenomenal! The hostel room could have been cleaner, especially the bathroom. We had a private room. The A/C was great. The sheets for the bed were very nice and swanky. Overall, it would have been a great experience if it was cleaner. The staff were great!

• 25th Oct 2014

I think the website for this facility should indicate the size of the lockers because I thought they would be big enough for my whole backpack but they were very small. The lounge area was nice, and I had lots of fun talking with the other hostelers.

• 20th Oct 2014

Helpful staff and great location.

Every thing was good. It would be better if we had Wi Fi in our room and also the security metal for our window was broken.

• 14th Oct 2014

The booked two single beds were actually a bunk bed, rooms were not cleanded daily, WIFI did not work, hostel staff was rather interested in their private stuff than dealing with the guests. Very cheap and excellent loacation in Waikiki though.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Aloha, thanks for pointing this out, this stuff is mentioned on our website, but sometimes people don't read through. There are pictures of the private rooms some have bunk beds others have a double, there are no single beds. Private rooms are not cleaned daily only dorms are. WIFI works only in the common areas.

Fantastic location. Only wish they had a fan in the common room -- it gets too hot during the days there. :-)

room didnt get cleaned once in 5 days. added extras onto bill on arrival but no mention of it prior.no air con,

For the price and the location it totaly worth it. The rooms are OK, everyday a guy came to clean it. Some dudes from the staff are not too much friendly, but others are helpful. One of the only problems for me was that you can't drink in the hostel facilities, there are many bars around but it's not the cheapest places to buy a beer. I would recommend and maybe would stay here again.

We stay 4 nights in a private room. Sec: No lockers and also the door couldn't lock. Loc: Perfect! Staff: It was just "OK". Not to much friendly (some guys) to say at least a "hello". Atm: It' s good. Clean: On common areas was fine, but our room wasn't so clean. The bathroom seems to was uncleaned and our linens was dirty with something like suntan oil. Also, never anyone get in to clean at least the rubbish bins! We use our linen! Fac: Poor condition of the Wi-Fi.

The rooms are not air-conditioned but do have fans. The tradeoff is that you get to stay in Waikiki for cheap. There are small lockers available to store some small items in your room (bring your own lock) or you can store them in the office where your lock will secure them. The common area/kitchen NEEDS A FAN!!! The heat from food prep tends to heat up the room, as do the people using the room. A fan would be a huge addition and greatly improve the ability to stay in that room and socialize.

• 20th Sep 2014

Excellent location. Close to beach, shopping and dining. It's cheap. It's filthy, disgustingly filthy. Staff are nice guys but they are clueless. Don't have any good suggestions for dining. No map of area at hostel. Events are posted but no one organizes thing. Lockers are bent and fingers can reach inside. No AC. No screens on windows. No windows. Loud garbage pickup every weekday at 6-7am. Gross, gross, gross, filthy, filthy, filthy. $3 surcharge per night not on my HW confirmation.

Hey , I'm surprised that despite the fact that you seemed to absolutely dislike our hostel you stayed here 7 nights. Why didn't you come talk to me about your concerns? I would have been happy to give you a refund so you could stay at a place to your liking.

No air con in private room and only had 1 fan, which was attached to the ceiling facing down on the side of the bed. It was literally hotter in the room than outside which was miserable for Sept weather. Way too warm to sleep comfortably at night.

• 16th Sep 2014

Great location and friendly staff. Excellent value for money. Would be great if rooms had better fans or air conditioning.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

7am open the kitchen was something had to get use to.

• 12th Sep 2014

I loved my stay it was 2 blocks away from the Waikiki beach, the staff was nice and the rooms where clean! It reminded me of my college days. If you debating on staying at a hostel trust me no worries you will love it I didn't wanna leave I will miss my roommates so much.

• 31st Aug 2014

A friendly, well-located hostel. A most enjoyable stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3