HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Hostel Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Very good location and security!

Upon leaving this hostel - a day early - I looked at the wall and noticed the "artwork" in my room. It was a black frame with cardboard in it. That non-existent art sums up my stay. I was checked in without incident, however I was only given A sheet as linen. My bed was devoid of any bedding and reception was closed by that point. There were no visable outlets to plug anything in, no ventallation, and the place was quite noisy. I've stayed in better hostels in developing countries.

Best hostel in Waikiki. (I also stayed in Seaside hostel). Excellent location just a block from Waikiki beach, main shopping street, lots of restaurants and bars nearby. 6 bed dorm is more like a 3 bed as it is divided into two rooms. Excellent kitchen to cook meals since its pricey to eat out everyday. Met lots of other travellers there to go hiking with and rent a car to north shore. Staff are AWESOME. Especially Rocko! He should get a raise.

Kitchen could be opened before 7AM.

Many thanks to all staff members ... doing a great job and being very friendly :o) ...

• 4th Feb 2015

Really good location, only 2 blocks from the beach. Close to shops and restaurant. Hostel is great and clean, you can borrow for free a towel, beach chairs, snorkelling gear etc. It's my second time here and I'll definitely come back!

• 29th Jan 2015

The price is fair, and the location is great: central Waikīkī, short walk from the beach. It's very clean in both the common areas and the rooms. As a dry hostel, it attracts a different type of traveller than most of the other hostels around Honolulu, so bare that in mind if you're more the party/social animal. The kitchen is large with cooking equipment available and the hostel lets you borrow towels & beach toys. The only real negative for me was the lack of wifi outside the common areas.

Supply a hand towel or paper towels in all of the bathrooms, plus air freshener.

• 26th Jan 2015

The whole check in Only after 3pm is ridiculous! Got stared at while I was storing my valuables in one of the four lockers provided so I could hangout at the beach without worrying. Small lockers compared to Seaside Hostel that has big lockers. The bed was terrible. Springs in my back, lumps and a crazy door to room that would swing open even if no wind as it squeaks loudly. It was so frustrating trying to be quiet when I got back late. I love how it had a tub which is rare in a hostel.

Fantastic location right on Waikiki beach. It's a pretty basic hostel, but clean and with friendly staff. The only thing I would have liked to have known before I got there was that there is a pretty long and steep set of stairs to get up to their office-- luckily! the very nice guy at the front desk helped me with my massive suitcase!

• 21st Jan 2015

Very nice and helpful staff.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Even though we didn't enjoy Waikiki so much, this hostel was a great find. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our private room with en suite was simple but all we needed as we were out most of the time.

• 17th Jan 2015

Loved it! I really appreciated the tips I got at the desk. MAHALO! All great. Location is smack dab in the middle of Waikiki. What could be bad???? Further, the classy hotel around the corner had a farmer's market one day while I was there! GREAT!

• 14th Jan 2015

One of the best Hostel I ever seen. Clean, safe and in the best Waikiki location.

• 8th Jan 2015

Great location, near than all buses. good hostel

As a au pair on her travelmonth in need for a place to stay cheap and with good location this was great! Really friendly staff, friendly people living here, plus it feels extremely safe. Really close to the beach and shuttles to different activities. I got help with everything i needed. Really calm and nice hostel. I would most definitely recommend it!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

This is a great place to stay. The street was a bit noisy but this isn't the fault of the hostel.

• 2nd Jan 2015

We booked for 6 people in a 6 bed dorm on one booking and were split up. Unhappy! There are rules galore at this place, so don't expect it to be more than just a bed.

• 30th Dec 2014

The staff is great - so friendly! Rocko invited us on hikes and firework night and Paul is exceptionally nice, very calm and down to earth and really helps out in every way he can. Beds are good, doesn't shake or make too much noise, when crawling up in the upper bunks. Kitchen is clean.

since Paul has taken over as general manager the hostel has improved in all areas you need a combination freezer regrigerator

• 10th Dec 2014