HI - Honolulu - Waikiki Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

That location for that price is great! Well equiped kitchen, two big fridges, easy to meet other travellers. One small minus, the guest computer was out of order.

Very dull and boring hotel. The atmosphere was quite depressing really. There is a no alcohol rule which of course tames the hostel naturally, but regardless the common areas were uninviting and had no social comfort.

I had a great stay at HI Waikiki. The place is clean and in a great location. The staff were very friendly, especially Rocko who was really happy to help show you around other parts of the island in his free time. The downsides to the hostel were the lack of drinking in the hostel and the fact that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms but if you book with that information in mind then you shouldn't be disappointed!

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff could be more helpful and kinder.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This is a fantastic hostel in a brilliant position. Staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Definitely will stay in this hostel next visit!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • China

A great place to stay in Honolulu, unless you are looking for an expensive hotel! Just a 5-minute walk to the Waikiki beach. Nice staff to talk to. The only negative you might find is that there is no AC in the rooms, but given the climate of the place and the money you pay for the bunk, I don't mind it.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • India

Overall not bad but very unhappy with the level of help provided by staff when I had all my valuables stolen from the beach and I needed help.

• 25th Jun 2014

Great staff and people looking to have fun.

• 25th Jun 2014

Place was awesome! It was my first time to Hawaii and first time staying at a backpackers joint! Loved it.. Not only is this place well priced, it is very centrally located.. You are in walking distance to virtually everything.. If I make it back to Oahu, I hope to stay here again ;) A

Some1 of the staff is nice and always available. Some1 else should find a job where he does not need to stay in contact with people. But it is a good hostel and an excellent location, plus it is good that with just 5 $ more u can leave your luggage over and have the shower available. I had a very very goooood time.

A decent hostel, the rooms are spacious, very dorm room has its own bathroom, I can not complain about the cleanliness. The only thing that I didn't like too much about the hostel is that no alcoholic beverages are allowed, if you can live with that you will probably have a good time here.

• 10th Jun 2014

Had a good time here...

This is a very we'll run hostel. Cody, Tyler and Angel were very helpful with every detail and question I had.

Good value for money. Privates rooms are basic but does the job. Private bathroom was clean and functional. Location is 2 blocks away from the beach !

You get only one towel, even if you stay up to 7 days in a row. None of the two hair dryers didn't function.

Good HI but no atmosphere at all, fells like a motel

This was the worst hostel ever. I ordered single room, but the room contained no window, on the lower part it was covered by something unknown, so any bug was welcome to the room. As the result there were no noise isolation. But the saddest point was Wi-Fi issue. There was wifi indication, but wifi didn't work at the room. I asked the staff and they said they can do nothing. Wifi didn't work in the lobby as well. I badly needed wi-fi to complete my online examication, but was not able.

• 31st May 2014
  • Kazakhstan

After not having my booking for my first night I was upgraded to a private room which was great as it was their mistake. Then was transferred to dorm for my final 3 days for which I preferred anyway. I think they should open the kitchen earlier than 7am for those who leave earlier other than that a pretty relaxed place to stay although I do think it could do with some woman working there as too many guys. It could do with a bit of a touch up.

Computer costs quite a lot, should be free!

« first « Prev 1 2 3