HI Honolulu - Waikiki Reviews

Hostelling International Waikiki, 2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Oahu, Honolulu, USA

Careful: Additional/hidden costs for non-HI members and parking. The street, other guests, A/C from the neighboring building, in combination with the non-existing windows makes it EXTREMELY noisy, especially at night. Found a long hair on my pillow. Overall still an ok stay in an otherwise expensive neighborhood.

Excellent location, nice room and kind staff.

• 30th Jan 2016

Location is genius, but the internet was dead in my room, reasonable price compared with hawaii generally

Without aircondition there was no chance to sleep in the room. It is bad that in the 21th century there is no Wi-Fi in the room just at the Loby. It was very clean and quiet and I like this!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

I paid for a different room and found myself sharing a single bunk bed with my boyfriend. Bad experience.

• 15th Jan 2016

I enjoyed my time and all the setting. The fellow running the hostel was very helpful and interested, interesting. I fitted in well and relaxed in my time.

Super clean and friendly staff. Not being a drinking hostel the atmosphere was a bit meh but overall a great place to stay. Extended my stay an would definitely come back

Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever even seen and Paul is amazingly helpful and always present!

• 1st Jan 2016

Good location, efficient.

Very clean (one of the cleanest I've been in) and well run hostel. More aimed at quieter / family travelers (no alcohol allowed in hostel) People here were generally friendly however different from your 'typical' hostel (especially in a place such as Waikiki)

Really friendly staff and very good location. Two minute walk distance from the beach. It's worth the money.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Paul was lovely and defo runs a tight ship. His sense of humour is Very dry though. The room itself was basic and clean. The location was fantastic, however the price of that is early morning wake up calls by the rubbish collection between 5-8am. The hostel didn't really have much of an atmosphere of a close community to make friends, but if you're busy on tours and only stopping through, this isn't a biggie.

Awesome hostel! Super clean throughout. Dorms had their own bathrooms that were cleaned daily. Kitchen is large, spotless and very well equipped. Staff were super helpful, full of great advice and always happy to assist. Location couldn't be better. I met a really nice, diverse mix of people staying there. This was my last stay in a 3 month backpacking trip during which I stayed in many hostels. I honestly couldn't fault it - it's a great hostel, I would definitely return and highly recommend!

Very good hostel in the middle of Honolulu. The Staff (Paul) is very friendly and helpful! The rooms are not the newest, but ok and even more important, they are clean! Two little drawbacks: usually no internet in the room, only in the kitchen. Furthermore, it can be really loud outside in the morning; not due to the guests, but due to the noise on the street. Nevertheless, this was a good stay and I can really recommend this hostel as a cheap but clean and friendly stay in Honolulu. Thanks Paul

• 14th Dec 2015

Paul, who operates the Hostel, puts a personal stamp on the place. He greeted us saying "Hello, I'm Paul, your host." I responded by saying my name (Lloyd) and he used my name throughout my visit. That certainly puts a personal touch to a visit. Furthermore, Paul is very keen on keeping a clean kitchen and even washed my cooking pots once when I was a little slow on the uptake. He kept the soapy solution and the bleach solution fresh all day long, or made sure his staff did so. Lloyd.

Great place to stay in Waikiki, very good location and friendly staff!

Security: I felt safe with the locked door at the front. Location: fantastic, so central to Waikiki. Staff: Paul was phenomenal - he runs a tight ship and gets excellent results at his hostel. Atmosphere: not your typical party culture which I enjoyed it being nice and quiet. Cleanliness: excellent! Value for money: the only let down - very expensive for a hostel, although it is one of the best hostels I stayed in. Facilities: only criticism - for the price there should be basic free breakfast

I enjoyed it staying in this hostel, the staff and the atmosphere was great.

• 26th Nov 2015

By far one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Friendly staff that's always to be found, super clean and a very good atmosphere. It's right in the middle of the city but not to noisy. Had a great stay!

Everything was well managed like military timing. For example, the kitchen area offered personal tray baskets to store personal belongings and there were 2 large refrigerators to store as well with personal names and the date of check out written on each personal items to avoid left over food once the guest left. However, there was an issue with trash truck dumpsters early in the morning waking up most of the guest between 5am ~ 7am. This was hard to get used to.

• 18th Nov 2015