HI-Hostal Versalles Reviews

Av. Ayacucho No: S-0714, entre C. Aroma y L. Cabrera, Cochabamba, Bolivia

Internet was good. It's more of a hostel near the bus station with hostel branding. Stayed in a private room with shared bath. Hot showers didn't work.

We had a room out the back on the 3 floor it was very basic the shower was not that fantastic but breakfast on the roof top was great. The staff were very helpful despite the language barrier but they did what they could very secure place to stay

Very close to the bus terminal so convenient in that regard. This is more a hotel than a hostel. WiFi was not working for a period of our stay. Showers were hot.

The lighting was out of order at night. The staff upgraded my stay to private with bathroom attached without additional charges. But the shared bathroom was dirty and it was a bit noisy with guest drinking and talking loudly well after midnight.

The staff did not speak english, they did not have a room ready for us, so we had to wait until they fixed it. The bathrooms were extremely simple - even too simple for backpackers. No toilet paper even though I told the staff. Cold showers. The room we had was ok, but only the light in the ceiling worked.. Terrible location. It is much nicer ten blocks in the northern direction. WiFi was slow and only worked in the reception.

More a hotel than a hostel. Don´t expect atmosphere. Staff was ok. Wi-fi downstairs, not in the rooms. Close to bus station.

The place is not organised. they didn´t have my reservation, put me a room for 12 hours and then asked me to move. No apology, nothing. Rude people and not deserving of the Hostelling International badge. Would NEVER return and would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. AVOID: AVOID: AVOID. They don´t have what they say they have.

On arrival they didnt have my reservation, but ended up giving me a private room, which was cool. This is not really aplace to meet people, more hotel style.

The map thery send you shows the hostel in a totally different place to where it is, the hostel is very close to quite a dangerous area. The staff are the most ujnhelpful I have found in any hostel, especially HI Hostels. Twice in my stay, no water at all.

Not a hostel at all. Very overpriced. The staff were very unfriendly and we decided not to stay there at all. Located in a dangerous area. Our taxi driver told us to get stay in our hostel at night and under no circumstances leave it as the area is very dangerous at night.

Thid is only a hotel/motel and not a real hostal. I loved the city (Cochabamba), but it did not seem to have hostals as we know them.

Its a very very simple hostel. Their staff speak only on Spanish...I dont like to stay there, I confess...

The hostel was ok and in a great location for the markets and main square and the bus station. However when we first arrived we were charged one price and then once they found out we booked through hostel world we were charged an extra 45 bolivianos per person???? for the same room. I guess don't book through hostel world and just turn up as it will be cheaper and there are loads of rooms. Apart from that though it was very clean and the staff very helpful.

The rooms weren't very sound proof at all. You could hear people two floors down.

this is not a hostel/its a hotel/no backpackers/no atmosphere/no english spoken/prices are more online

Lies! no breakfast, no kitchen, no craic

They overcharged us. It says: Shared Bathroom, 1 person = 45 Bolovianos, 2 person room = 85 BS. She charged me AND my roomate 85 each. We tried to explain to her, but she really didn't understand the problem so we just paid it. Of the 3 days we were there we didn't get breakfast once When we asked we were told the cook does not come everyday. Yet, they claim they have a breakfast everday? I would not recommend this hostel.

Private, fairly inexpensive rooms, clean and well taken care of. Close to the central plaza and the Cancha (market), but the street can be shady at night so I suggest taxis back after dark! Is very quiet, not much interaction with other guests, which can be good or bad depending on what youre looking for

A place to spend the night, near the bus station. Not more than that.

Toilets and shower aren´t very clean