HI Hostel Bruegel Brussels Reviews

Heilige Geeststraat 2, Brussels, Belgium

The hostel is very good. The only problem is the wi-fi, that doesn't work even in the reception area.

Moldy bathrooms. Bad wifi, uncomfortable beds

• 14th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very boring place, rooms are bland and have no lockers for security. Luckily I was the only one in my dorm. People were yelling and singing outside my door until very late. Breakfast was typical, but not bad, and it is decently close to the centre. But no atmosphere at all.

The hostel felt like it wanted every opportunity to charge me for something. Facilities were aged though the cleaning staff do the best that they can do with it. Linens and sheets are clean. Bathroom and shower is adequate but aged from the 70s or 80s Overall staff morale seems low as I saw three people inside reception center but only one person helping out hostelers. I feel for the staff on the ground but this is a hostel I wouldn't recommend

The hostel was clean and people were friendly. It had a school dorm type vibe

• 22nd Oct 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a four-bed female ensuite shower and sink, which could have done with some type of venitlation to alleviate the accumulation of mildew. However the shower was clean enough and the water hot, even though I arrived quite late in the evening. Breakfast is free and included in the price, so I had a decent fill before heading off for the day. The provision of tourist maps is very helpful. I would stay here again and would recommend.

This hostel is okay. No free luggage room(you need to pay to but the bag in trainstation-like-lockers). Staff didn't care much and was not so cheerful to see you. Food was okay, the location is good. For this price this hostel is quite good.

The hostel is OK. It was really clean but the showers didn't work that well

Breakfasts were fairly basic compared to breakfasts elsewhere.

This hostel is in a great location and was ideal for the couple of nights we stayed in Brussels. It was a bit expensive but we booked last minute and it is located very close to the centre. I did get bed-bug bitten the first night though....

• 18th Sep 2015

Good location to explore center of the city but may be far from Supermarket to find sth. Staff is very helpful and kindness . Breakfast is nice. Electric plugs in rooms should have more esp in dorm ( just hav only one).Wifi is sometimes not stable.

Very nice and helpful staff

The lady at the desk had a bad attitude, there was no common room, and there was just a generally drab atmosphere.

The hostel is good, room was clean and calm.

I've used some HI hostels around the world but here is the worst one. Still okay for just staying one night, but the building looks really old and not clean. A shower did not give a hot water, poor breakfast, and bad free wifi connection in a room. The location is also not close to any station so the only way to get to the central is by walk which was a bit exhausting. I would not recommend this hostel to my friends.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Japan

Directions were awful, staff were rude, bedrooms were plain, ensuite with no toilet.

Not the cleanest one, but therefore the price is relatively low for Brussels I guess.

• 15th Aug 2015