HI Hostel Bruegel Brussels Reviews

Heilige Geeststraat 2, Brussels, Belgium

Not the prettiest hostel but it does the job. It is family friendly so there were also kids staying there which was different. Nice and close to everything.

• 15th Aug 2014

Good place to stay a few days, with good location near from the railway station. I stayed 1 night in a small room and I liked it.

I didn't like this hostel very much. They close between 10am and 2pm, luckly for me my flight left quite late but if your flight or train leaves early you have to check out at 10 and carry your stuff around the city. They also charge you for the lockers and ,again, HI breaksfast is quite poor. Crappy cereal, some juice and some bread with cheese or spreads. So for me, is quite expensive for what it is. The location is very good though and HI is quite clean as well, so that was good.

the blanket is really dirty. the location is good but they have a 4-hour break and don't open during 10am to 2pm.

the guests must go out of the hostel till 10 am to 2 pm for them clean it :(

lousy wifi

This hostel is okey. The only bad things is you have to go out from the hostel from 10am to 2pm, so it mean if had party the night before or if u are tired and want to sleep longer, u can't. That's not pleasure.

Everything was good but it would have been better if WiFi worked inside the rooms. Also the kitchen seemed a little too hot.

Good location if you are, like I was, about to leave early, as it is near the train station. Huge building, feeling being in high school or admin building of some sort. Not great... Did have a breakfast pack for me as I was leaving early, which was super nice.

We were very surprised to find out that we had to leave for 4 hours during the day. It wasn't a big problem but we felt rushed to get out for our day. Also, we dealt mostly with only one staff member and he wasn't very friendly. We expected internet to be in all rooms and it was only in the dinning room which is very inconvenient.

Great and friendly staff. Needed more outlets in the rooms and a bigger breakfast but was great experience overall.

rooms very blande could do with some colours in them ie curtains pictures ect

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

the second stay was not as good as the first one. but the location is really great, can't be better, I like it more than that of Sleep Well because it is much closer to the Central Station and is almost as close to the city centre. i also like the fact that there is a hand basin and a shower in the room and that there are only four beds per room. this time there was only two people staying in the room including me which made it even nicer

It's a decent hostel. Just that the hours in the afternoon where you need to get out of the hostel is not ideal for people who wish to rest throughout the day.

Staff v zealous on security if a bit OTT at times should you wander into kitchen, sit at staff table etc. They don't like visitors - good, but I have a problem having to share dorms with economic migrants who aren't traditional backpacking adventurers, and don't mix at all. I probably got lumbered because I'm an 'oldie' now! So this will be the last time I stay in any hostel unless I'm with a party of fellow hikers sharing a dorm, or in a private room, with option for cooking ones own food.

I have stayed in more than 50 hostels in Europe and this is definitely the most WEIRD one! Wifi only works on ground floor and in the hall of first floor, and it doesn't work well. There's only one plug in the room. Lots of noise from the courtyard day and night. The worst point is, this hostel is CLOSED from 10am to 2pm everyday. Closed means nobody can stay in the hostel even if in your own room! And WIFI is turned off too because the hostel is CLOSED! which left me completely speechless.

the staff at the reception was very very nice. i was supposed to catch an early train next morning at 6am and i can't have the breakfast which is included. I didn't ask to have anything to compensate because I know it is my business of leaving early and not having the breakfast. but the staff just said he can help me to pack some bread and butter and an apple for my breakfast. i absolutely appreciate that!! and the location is great. it is very near to the central station and very east to find

More like a hotel than a hostel at times. Overall very average. Good pub in the basement, lots of local music students which was cool.

The hostel was clean and the rooms where big with good storage space for luggage. The only downside was that the toilets were outside the rooms. Unfortunately however the front counter to check in was closed from 12-2 everyday and and was not open past 1am at night until 7am in the morning - so if you wanted to check out early in the morning or come in late at night you needed to talk to the front desk about it. Overall it was a good hostel with a fabulous location for sightseeing!

The hotel is not far from the midi station .The room is clean and comfortable. The staff are kind . I like there.