HI Hostel Bruegel Brussels Reviews

Heilige Geeststraat 2, Brussels, Belgium

It is well located but god damn it it so dirty, could it be the room, the toilets or the bathroom. Not welcoming at all, there is one good thing with this hostel: it is so awful you will for sure spend your time outside. I stayed two nights, there was no hot watter. I'm not kidding, for 30 euros the guys just told me 'I'm sorry, I can't do anything about this" and didn't even came to see if he could do something. Treated like animals.

• 14th Nov 2014

Really poor accommodation.

Good hostel, in the very center of Brussels; clean and the staff was very helpful, especially Arnolds at the reception. Minuses: very small rooms and ridiculous internet connection limit

it´s a typical Y but spacious room basic breakfast, bread, fruit, jam, the usual suspects. Friendly staff, perfect location, walk to many attractions. easy to find. just outside Centraal station.

In general it was ok. I reserved place for 2 nights but i have to leave earlier, and there was no problem with cancelation of reservation without fee. Stuff is very nice, breakfast was ok. Normaly wi-fi was free, but it was not working in my room, but signal was strong near reception, just to check mail it was ok.

EXTREMELY most street right outside the room. Not recommended if you're looking for a good night's sleep. Wifi wasnt working. Location is great if you want to catch the Charleroi airport shuttle, which is why i stayed there.

Not the prettiest hostel but it does the job. It is family friendly so there were also kids staying there which was different. Nice and close to everything.

• 15th Aug 2014

Ok place to stay but felt it had no atmosphere. ( could have just been the people staying there at the time) Good place if you just need to sleep somewhere. Hotel feel

Good place to stay a few days, with good location near from the railway station. I stayed 1 night in a small room and I liked it.

I didn't like this hostel very much. They close between 10am and 2pm, luckly for me my flight left quite late but if your flight or train leaves early you have to check out at 10 and carry your stuff around the city. They also charge you for the lockers and ,again, HI breaksfast is quite poor. Crappy cereal, some juice and some bread with cheese or spreads. So for me, is quite expensive for what it is. The location is very good though and HI is quite clean as well, so that was good.

the blanket is really dirty. the location is good but they have a 4-hour break and don't open during 10am to 2pm.

the guests must go out of the hostel till 10 am to 2 pm for them clean it :(

lousy wifi

This hostel is okey. The only bad things is you have to go out from the hostel from 10am to 2pm, so it mean if had party the night before or if u are tired and want to sleep longer, u can't. That's not pleasure.

Everything was good but it would have been better if WiFi worked inside the rooms. Also the kitchen seemed a little too hot.

Good location if you are, like I was, about to leave early, as it is near the train station. Huge building, feeling being in high school or admin building of some sort. Not great... Did have a breakfast pack for me as I was leaving early, which was super nice.

We were very surprised to find out that we had to leave for 4 hours during the day. It wasn't a big problem but we felt rushed to get out for our day. Also, we dealt mostly with only one staff member and he wasn't very friendly. We expected internet to be in all rooms and it was only in the dinning room which is very inconvenient.

Great and friendly staff. Needed more outlets in the rooms and a bigger breakfast but was great experience overall.

rooms very blande could do with some colours in them ie curtains pictures ect

the second stay was not as good as the first one. but the location is really great, can't be better, I like it more than that of Sleep Well because it is much closer to the Central Station and is almost as close to the city centre. i also like the fact that there is a hand basin and a shower in the room and that there are only four beds per room. this time there was only two people staying in the room including me which made it even nicer