HI Hostel Bruegel Brussels Reviews

Heilige Geeststraat 2, Brussels, Belgium

Not the cleanest one, but therefore the price is relatively low for Brussels I guess.

• 15th Aug 2015

The sheets were very dirty, they are no lockers in the room to lock tour valuable stuf, you got to pay 2 euro to have a locker downstairs that everytime you open it, you got to pay again. The place is locked after 1 am, so if you come back later, you got to have a night card, which they are asking 20 euro deposit to get it. Breakfast os terrible, not much choice. Best thing about it is the location, pretty close to everything.

The staff were really helpful

The facility was generally clean, they empty the trash in the room and mop mildly everyday. The rooms lacked outlets but the front desk offered to get an extension for us which was nice. Wifi in the rooms wasn't great so we spend a good about of one in the common room to charge and use the wifi. The location was good. It's really close to the statue of the peeing boy that Brussels is known for and I was able to walk everywhere from the grand place to the palace.

• 24th Jul 2015

There are not many powerpoint in the rooms so difficult to charge devices. The rooms are quiet small but the beds are comfortable. Reasonable location however there isn't much atmosphere here and very little opportunity to meet other travellers.

The hostel just fell short of my expectations especially after having two awesome hostels in my previous cities. Staff was helpful enough, rooms were ok, but the atmosphere was lacking, it was such a quiet hostel 24/7 which is good and bad depending on how you look at it. I just was unimpressed, but it could have neen worse.

My friend might have been robed by another guest that was in the same dorm. But still there is no certainty about what happend.

• 11th Jul 2015

Very warm as no air con anywhere in the hostel. Our room was above building works and it would have been nice to get a warning of the building work before booking as it was very disruptive with noise starting early. Some boys were climbing on the building site at 4am one morning and woke the whole room up. Other than building and temperature issues, the hostel was good

Perfect location, really close to the city center! The dorm room was quite small, but ok and there was not much atmosphere. Breakfast was included (nothing special, but completely ok). If you want to leave your luggage there after checking out, you have to pay for a locker.

Its not a welcoming hostel, one that is functional more than fun.

Standard, fairly boring accommodations. It's clean and safe, can't complain, but it's not a hopping social scene. Slightly annoying that Wifi doesn't reach the rooms, so you have to come out to the common area to use it.

No internet in rooms and the internet has an 800MB daily limit, and if you exceed that you're banned from using the internet for 30 hours! The rooms were okay, though the mattresses had dirt on them, and the pillows were basically rubber bags filled with a slightly soft foam. You have to pay for lockers. There was renovation going on, leaving us only the female toilet (2 showers and 2 toilets) for an entire floor, but we received no discount or apology. They allow smoking in the bar too :(

One of the most friendly staff I've ever seen. Location is good, but not so much to use the metro. The rooms don't have lockers, but you need a card to get in. There is no air-conditioning. In the summer it can get really hot and the construction next door starts every day at 6h30 AM, so opening the window is not an option if you want to sleep. Restrooms were not that clean. Should definitely check out their bar! Cheap beer, awesome bartenders and the best music. I would stay there again!

When we arrived in hostel at that time, it wasn't check-in time so we had to keep our luggage, it was not free. So we had to pay little money. But staff was very kind, friendly. Bruegel is a small city so it took about 10 minutes to main street. I was satisfied this hostel except Wifi we never use it in our room...

Really good and friendly staff !!!

The hostel is not clean. I wanted to take shower. When I turned on the tap I faced pool in shower cabin. Because the hole of cabin cas chokked up with dirt. The lavatory was also out of order in 3 day that I stayed there. There was nobody between from 12 to 14 at the reception

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Great location, chilled out vibe, I think this hostel caters for school groups and families also. No kitchen but breakfast provided was pretty decent. 4 beds per room so pretty comfortable stay.

The rooms looked nothing like the pictures. The rooms were disgusting.

• 5th Jun 2015

A bit expensive (but all the city is expensive) but nice and in a perfect location.

I would like to have access to a kettle or hot water for tea and coffee. also, while the room was very clean it did smell of mould, this can be fixed by putting a bowl of vinegar in the room. the room had a great view of the catherdral and the staff were very friendly and nice. the directions on the website are terrible, they say something like, step 2, turn left onto road A. step 3, turn right onto road A. bit confusing!! thanks

• 23rd May 2015