HI-Houston: The Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, Texas, USA

Beautiful big old mansion, clean facilities, nice staff. Loved that they have a pool table and a pool! It was nice having bathrooms attached to the dorm room. Houston is a very big spread out city, but I found the neighborhood the hostel is located in (Montrose) very walkable and pleasant. Nice streets and a lot restaurants and funky bars nearby. Had a great stay overall.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 27th Mar 2014

The extensive common areas are particularly praiseworthy.

The hostel was remodeling during my stay and there was only one shower available. If not for this I would have given a perfect score.

Great great hostel. Located within walking distance to mid town (the best part of Houston for bars clubs and restaurants) and the museum district (one of the only interesting area for tourists). Situated on one of the most upmarket suburban streets in the entire city, this mansion contains beautifully clean sunny rooms and the largest common areas of any hostel I've visited. Amazing place! No better in Houston!

Clean and welcoming! Reasonably close to downtown and other tourist locations. Good breakfast and great kitchen if you're on a budget because the stuff like pasta and rice is free :)

Great value for the money. Thank you!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Main house is beautiful! Great location (close to bars/restaurants/museum district) and friendly staff. Kitchen is stocked with supplies and common areas clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple but free. Pool would be nice in the summer. Social & friendly guests, but not a loud party atmosphere. Stayed in the 8-Bed Mixed dorm in the cottage area in the back (separate from the main house). I really enjoyed my stay here. Only qualm was the bunk beds were squeaky/rickety.

The staff was always very helpful, nice and friendly. Even though there was a mistake related to the bedroom, they apologized and gave a discount for that mistake. They allowed me to stay there after checking out while waiting for a friend. Amazing and neat hostel. I highly recommend it. Keep it up!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

In a great location near all the bars and close to the bus line to downtown. Clean place and nice staff.

It was a really nice place!! I wish I could stay there in the summer when it is hot and the pool was available and all the construction was completed :). I would stay again if I am ever in houston.

• 26th Feb 2014

The Morty Rich Hostel is in a great, older, established, tree lined neighborhood. It is a beautiful mansion that has been turned into a wonderful hostel. The decor and original architecture were a great mix of old and new. Loved the common areas including the pool table room and outdoor area. My dorm room was clean and neat. It was quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep. It was located very close to my event. I will definitely recommend to others and stay here again in the future.

• 21st Feb 2014

The amenities were very nice and the staff friendly. The only draw back was the there was only one shower in the main facility.

The Morty Rich Hostel is situated at a great location, close to trendy bars and vintage/antique stores. It's not too far from downtown and only $10 taxi ride should you wish to stay out a little later. The hostel staff is great and super helpful. I would stay at Morty Rich again should i visit Houston next time.

This is quite possibly the nicest Hostel I have stayed in. It has all the amenities you could need. The staff were extremely helpful. The only dislike that I have was that only one shower was available.

Good place to do sightseeing

This is am awesome hostel In a cool part of town! The hostel is in a residential area so it is nice and quiet but the public transport to the centre and the space centre is great. There are coffee shops and supermarkets near by so everything you need! The hostel is spacious and very clean! The shower was amazing! I had a great stay here and couldn't fault this hostel!

block from bus ($1.25) into town in lovely Montrose - walking distance to several museums, gay bars pool and pool - swim and billiards thick thirsty towels rooms warm and comfortable

I booked this for my wife and her friend arriving from the Greyhound Bus stations at 2am in the morning. The hostel staff were great. Instructions to get there were precise and well thought out. Calling a taxi like they say is a good idea. Hostel itself is brilliant! Fantastic!

Overall very good hostel, great common areas. The kitchen has almost everything you need to really cook - a lot of spices too!! Stuff was really helpful. Just the beds are very noisy - simple matracess and metal beds that woke me up everytime someone gets to bed or up at night/ in the morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3