HI-Houston: The Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, Texas, USA

Overall very good hostel, great common areas. The kitchen has almost everything you need to really cook - a lot of spices too!! Stuff was really helpful. Just the beds are very noisy - simple matracess and metal beds that woke me up everytime someone gets to bed or up at night/ in the morning.

It was one of the best hostels that I have been to. Only, it would be helpful to have one more restroom/shower room

The staff was so nice! And I liked that the top bunk bed had real stairs to climb up. Very well equiped kitchen.

Best hostel hostel I've stayed in terms of facilities. Beautiful lounges, pool, rec room, tv room, and gazebo areas. Great place to chill out and meet people. Breakfast is a super sugar and carb loading.

Cleanliness and Facilities only score badly because the shower in my dorm was broken for the whole of my stay and the alternative was mouldy and smelt strongly of rotten eggs. The dorm shower itself appeared well maintained but as it didn't function that doesn't mean much. Having said that the staff were very friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay a lot!

• 10th Jan 2014

Clean and comfortable village rebuild to serve as a hostel. The museam district is close by just as several good restaurants etc. For other activities you need to grab a bus or train.

the best hostel i have ever lived. it is a big house in a safe neighborhood. many restarants and grocery shops nearby. very safe walk alone in the evening. the room is spacious. 2-3 minitues walk to bus stops. walking distance to China consulate. neighborhood is a historic living area, you can see beautiful houses and streets complain: only toilet in the 1st floor can be used. Felt cold in the night because the bed carpet is too thin

Nice hostel. At first it seems like the hostel is far from town, but really there isn't much in town. Museums are within walking distance. And the local bus service is pretty good. Lingo, on reception is awesome, very welcoming. Thankyou!!

Despite all the stars in the review, there was no heater in my room and I kept shivering the whole night. The next morning I told the receptionist and they said they would turn up the heating. Assuming the heating was centrally controlled I slept in hoping for a warmer night. But this was not the case. Next morning I complained told that perhaps there was no heater in my room. So if you stay there and find anything uncomfortable, please explain to them clearly so they can resolve the situation

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Pakistan

Nice place, nice area, nice staff, bathroom could be cleaner, staff can speak spanish if u need it,

This is the best hostel i've ever experienced. We stayed here over thanksgiving, we stayed in the private room which is in a cottage out the back, loved having out own area but spent most of the time in the main house. Clean, lots of common areas, great atmosphere and very homey feel. It's in a stunning area that's close to downtown (short bus ride from 1 street away), and groceries and clubs/nightlife. This place would be awesome in summer because of the pool!

Morty Rich Hostel!!! Thank you so much for making me feel like home. The hostel is basically a mansion that is located in one of the best areas in town. It has been remodeled and includes a pool, tv room, pool table ETC. Great place to meet and socialize with other travellers or just to relax after a long voyage. Many thanks to Diane, Lingo and others for making my stay a memorable one!!!

Brilliant hostel - more like a 4* hotel! Good location for bars and restaurants. Would stay again for sure.

I do not like the fact that the fee on the website of hostelworld.com does not represent the actual price of the hostel due to additional taxes and Hostelling International fees. This was a big disappointment. This makes it hard to judge your booking and compare it with other hostels. For the rest, the hostel was perfectly fine.

• 20th Nov 2013

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Hostel is very spacious, clean and has good facilities. Free breakfast is very good. Comfortable beds. My only complaints were that the shower for my room was downstairs as the shower in the bathroom next door wasn't working and the extractor fan from the toilet seemed to expel into my room which obviously resulted in some unpleasant smells

One of my favorite hostels, this place had the friendliest staff I've ever met, a great kitchen that's well stocked, lovely chill out area and pool room, clean bathrooms, generally just a perfect place to crash for a night or a week!

gorgeous old house with clean rooms. easy to catch a bus downtown. awesome common areas, kitchen, pool room, backyard, pool and deck.

A blessing and refreshing glimpse of Houston. Grounds and facilities all first class A rating, exquisite, friendly and forgiving. I had considered this location before it became the MR Hostel. The place is flawless and so are the folk, furthermore it veritably crackles with excitement. The continental breakfast alone's worthy of Zagat of Michelin rating. A compound dotted with inviting nooks and niches; fascinating.

This hostel is in a beautiful renovated old house which is really cool and there is so much space to chill and hang out in. Great breakfast in the morning and really clean. The bunks are a bit squeaky. The outdoor area is really nice too and I wished that I had an extra day to spend there and hang out by the pool. There are some cool places within walking distance. The place is really quiet and I would have found it hard meeting people if I had been there alone. Overall it was a really nice stay

excellent and very friendly staff, the hostel is very clean and nice, the people you meet is really amazing with a great atmosphere.