HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Nice hostel, not far from bus stop but we were stood waiting for about 10 minutes at reception to check out as there was nobody about

We first found the hostel pretty nice. But we felt barely welcomed, the guy at the reception didn't seem to care and didn't even get up to show us our room. Our beds were pretty messy, the floor hadn't been vacuumed for a long while I guess. The bathroom wasn't really clean. We couldn't really sleep due to the air conditionner, the ridiculously small blanckett I had on my bed didn't help to warm me up, I was frozen. The positive points were the pool and the breakfast.

• 17th Aug 2015

Perfect location. Amazingly helpful staff. Great facilities. PERFECT location.

Pretty house in a nice neighbourhood, lots of places to eat and drink around. Helpful staff, terrible wifi, simple breakfast.

Lovely looking hostel made some great friends. Great social area for swimming and bbq etc

A cosy and homely hostel. Awesome pool to beat the heat, would stay here again!

It's in the french quarter, the only place that matters in New Orleans. Easy to get around the places in the area.

Only one gripe, the background music in the lounge was too loud and was a conversation killer between people. Nice music but too loud, Apart from this gripe the place had a nice ambiance, the staff was friendly and very helpful and the place is so near to all facilities.

Keep the. music loudness level down in the main lounge, too loud and goes on far too late in the night till 11PM. No other gripe, the staff were very helpful and exceptional.

Very friendly and efficient staffs, safe and pleasant neighborhood, clean and well organized room and overall environment, generous breakfast, great place to meet people from everywhere. The only thing that didn't work for me was to have a couple of lousy roommates.

• 18th Jul 2015

Loved the pool table!

Nice hostel but bathroom often dirty.

This hostel is not very well maintained. During my stay there all 3 nights there was no hot shower, bathroom was filthy, shower drain was clogged. I requested the staff to clean the beard residue left in the sink and it didn't get cleaned until the next day. When I came into the dorm there was trash there, floor was sticky. It was just overall uncomfortable. I stayed in the 4 beds dorm with ensuite bathroom which was actually $45/ night with all the additional fees. Totally not worth it!

For the amount of money you pay here you expect HOT WATER for a shower. Also, they had let out their outdoor and indoor premises, including the pool, for a private party all of Saturday until 9pm. People were sometimes coming into the premises to use the kitchen and toilets. It felt as though all of the guests were alienated and forced to put up with it all. YOU SHOULD CONCENTRATE on your guests experience. Give them a pool party or give us our money back for extreme inconvenience.

This was a clean, respectable hostel and The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Amazing hostel. One of the cleanest and most beautiful hostels I have ever stayed in. An old mansion that has been converted into a spacious, clean and welcoming hostel. Kitchen and breakfast are all well equipped and easy to navigate, the rooms are spacious and come with their own lockers. The house and the grounds are amazing. Hotel quality.

I just stayed ine night in this Hostel, but everything went well, the stuff are friendly room was cleaned and not overbooked, every room has the own bathroom also the Breakfast wasn't bad, fresh fruits, eggs, cereals, toast, coffee and tea... When I'm visiting Houston again, I'll book it !!! Thxs

Beautiful hostel and pool was great. Staff v helpful and facilities excellent - v close to bus links into the centre and a big grocery store nearby. However atmosphere was v quiet and not a very sociable hostel.

This was my second time here and I loved it. I was a little annoyed we couldn't drink at the hostel openly but we still had a good time. The staff took us to a bar just because they like us. The set up is so open and welcoming and clean. The pool and gazebo area was amazing for the summer. I even did a little yoga by the gazebo to unwind from so much walking.

Excellent hostel. One of the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3