HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Only one gripe, the background music in the lounge was too loud and was a conversation killer between people. Nice music but too loud, Apart from this gripe the place had a nice ambiance, the staff was friendly and very helpful and the place is so near to all facilities.

Very friendly and efficient staffs, safe and pleasant neighborhood, clean and well organized room and overall environment, generous breakfast, great place to meet people from everywhere. The only thing that didn't work for me was to have a couple of lousy roommates.

• 18th Jul 2015

Loved the pool table!

This hostel is not very well maintained. During my stay there all 3 nights there was no hot shower, bathroom was filthy, shower drain was clogged. I requested the staff to clean the beard residue left in the sink and it didn't get cleaned until the next day. When I came into the dorm there was trash there, floor was sticky. It was just overall uncomfortable. I stayed in the 4 beds dorm with ensuite bathroom which was actually $45/ night with all the additional fees. Totally not worth it!

For the amount of money you pay here you expect HOT WATER for a shower. Also, they had let out their outdoor and indoor premises, including the pool, for a private party all of Saturday until 9pm. People were sometimes coming into the premises to use the kitchen and toilets. It felt as though all of the guests were alienated and forced to put up with it all. YOU SHOULD CONCENTRATE on your guests experience. Give them a pool party or give us our money back for extreme inconvenience.

This was a clean, respectable hostel and The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Amazing hostel. One of the cleanest and most beautiful hostels I have ever stayed in. An old mansion that has been converted into a spacious, clean and welcoming hostel. Kitchen and breakfast are all well equipped and easy to navigate, the rooms are spacious and come with their own lockers. The house and the grounds are amazing. Hotel quality.

I just stayed ine night in this Hostel, but everything went well, the stuff are friendly room was cleaned and not overbooked, every room has the own bathroom also the Breakfast wasn't bad, fresh fruits, eggs, cereals, toast, coffee and tea... When I'm visiting Houston again, I'll book it !!! Thxs

Beautiful hostel and pool was great. Staff v helpful and facilities excellent - v close to bus links into the centre and a big grocery store nearby. However atmosphere was v quiet and not a very sociable hostel.

Excellent hostel. One of the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Enjoyed our stay however upon arrival we were told that we have been downgraded to an 8 bed dorm from a 4 without our knowledge or consent. It was very upsetting but staff was understanding and gave us a discount.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

A very nice place. The pictures are very true to the actual place. A beautiful building. The 6-bed mixed doe was large and spacious, quiet and cool. The staff was helping cup. The kitchen was great

Had a great time at this hostel. Highly recommend staying here whether you are traveling on your own or in a group. Stayed here with my wife and had no issues (place towels around our bunk for privacy). Used the time at night to play pool, hang out with some cool travelers, and discuss world events while enjoying some drinks. Enjoy your time and take advantage of group dinner on Wednesday night!

• 1st Jun 2015

What an amazing hostel which feels more like a home with its big living areas, kitchen and common rooms. The room I stayed in was a 4 bed with ensuit and it was fantastic. We even had a balcony. The only negatives about the rooms was the beds which made noise from the smallest touch, and the strangely small pillows. On a whole though this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Nice environment, no crazy drunk parties and it's always clean. Plus the staff are very friendly.

The staffs are kind and try to help as much as possible. The location is wonderful, in a great neighborhood and easily accessible. The place is clean and safe. The internet is fast and works in every room in the house. Highly recommend for a nice stay in Houston.

The bunk bed was very squeaky I couldn't move without disturbing other guests. The rungs on the ladder to upper bunk are very narrow and hurt bare feet. Consider adding a small shelf and power outlets near each bed. Need additional bath 2nd floor to match number of guests on that level.

• 14th May 2015

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. I will have to admit that the fact it is an ex-mansion made it definitely feel different, and the facilities were amazing.

I stopped here for a night on my way through Houston. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and thought it was pretty cool. I've stayed at many hostels abroad and this one is comparable to other HIs in Europe and Canada. We didn't really do much here but the dorm was nice, breakfast was okay, and staff was helpful/ friendly. I definitely recommend for a short trip

• 10th May 2015
  • SammyFries

Very clean. Breakfast included. Pool room is nice. Staff in helpfull and rooms are great

The facilities are nice, and the locations is great. Definitely recommend it and would stay again. I have stayed at different hostels and it has felt like the atmosphere was perfect and you leave making great friends; either through activities , or engagement of the staff with guests. This place did not feel that way. Maybe the guests at that time, the city, staff, I am not sure. But it felt a bit indifferent. Maybe just me. Overall great place.