HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Ac was not so great in carriage house, but I think someone in the room was stashing remote control for it preventing anyone making it cooler. None the less it was a bit toasty to sleep on a top bunk. Also there are 8 lockers and 8 beds, yet all lockers were filled preventing me from using one. If you are going to assign beds in room, then you should assign lockers as well so everyone has ability to use one in that room. Beds squeak, but are comfy. Room/ bath could have used a cleaning.

Nice friendly staff and good atmosphere. Nice and clean rooms and facilities, with pool and jacuzzi.

I had a great time! The staff was helpful and friendly. I enjoyed hanging out at the pool an getting to know everyone. It's one of the nicest hostel I've been too!

• 10th Jul 2014

just a great hostel in a buzzing area of Houston. Had a great short stay

• 26th Jun 2014

Really nice and spatious. The beds are very shaky though. Bathroom is great, internet works, nice staff and helpful, breakfast is alright.

This hostel is just really cool. I met so many nice people there and it so clean and beautiful. It felt almost like an hotel. Definitely the best hostel to stay in when you're in Houston :)

Had a really great stay here, best hostel we've ever stayed in. Very clean, polite staff and great facilities. The only downside was that we didn't love the area, but that's not the fault of the hostel and if anything it was worth going to just to have a nice stay there! Would definitely recommend.

Too many creepy men

• 7th Jun 2014

Houston is extremely spread out so unless you have a car it can be difficult to get around. Luckily this hostel is nearby to the museum district, bars and rice university - perfect for a few days of exploration. The aircon was amazing especially with Houston heat. The actual hostel is a beautiful building and there are several nice houses nearby to admire. Only bad thing was that while I stayed not once was our room cleaned and the bathroom got pretty gross(each room of 8 has their own bathroom)

Great hostel - it bucketed rain when I stayed, but met cool people in the hostel to hang out with and had a great time there.

Great atmosphere with lots to do.

Really nice hostel in an equally nice location! Pool was great as was the building itself (an old mayors house). Only problem was that the hostel was a little too far out of downtown and there was not but to do in the neighbourhood. But if you're up for just chilling by the pool, this place is perfect. Would recommend for a night or two

I had to book this hostel the day before and I was able to get a bed. Very secure, very friendly. I would be a member of HI if I was going to travel more often because it's worth it. I didnt like Houston, but his hostel changed my mind. They have info about places to go updated and the breakfast they offer for free is good. And here's always coffee!

• 18th May 2014
  • Peru

We're glad to have changed your mind a bit about what Houston has to offer! Of course, we love it, and love that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you plan to give Houston another go :)

Staff was very friendly, gave lots of great advice about Houston; facilities were in good condition; the common areas are very well put together. Would definitely stay here again.

• 16th May 2014

Great building and location . Staff were helpful and reliable. 8 bed dorm was a bit cramped ie one more shower /bathroom?. Having travelled to many hostels I would certainly recommend . Pool needs a clean and maybe an in house party once a week to liven up?. Great memories . Mick Manchester UK

only down side was a young man who didn't appreciate the realities of group living and was not respectful of his neighbors. Staff did contact him but to no avail. It had to be very frustrating for them. They did what they reasonably could short of evicting him in the middle of the night. a very nice hostel with a very accommodating and friendly staff, I will recommend it to friends traveling that way.

• 13th May 2014

used to be a upper class house with pool and guesthouse, it takes a while to get to downtown (without a car) but there isn't much going on anyway. Really enjoyed the good vibe there and the hostel is definitely a special experience.

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. The location was great, free parking, friendly staff, wifi etc, and little extras like scales to weigh your baggage and a washer and dryer. The only thing I would suggest is some WD40 on the beds that squeak when you turn over in the night (made me really paranoid that I was waking people up!).

• 4th May 2014

Thanks for your great review! We'll try to focus on quieting the beds, so your next trip to Houston with us is perfect :]

Having traveled and stayed in hostels of all quality levels throughout the world, this is certainly towards the top of my list. It is housed in a beautiful house with hardwood floors, lockers, a great kitchen, comfortable sitting areas, a nice tv room, a fantastic pool, yard, and sitting area, etc. Anyone could live in this place as their full time residence...it's that nice. Although it's not a party spot, it's a great place to relax, entertain, and be comfortable in Houston.

Thank you for the excellently detailed review! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Houston.

Very nice place. Clean, safe and accommodating. The staff is very helpful! I felt right at home here :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3