HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Reading lamps would be really nice!

For me the best place where u can stay in Houston, really nice hostel! :)))

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

Awesome hostel and amenities! Made up for the lack of things to do in Houston.

Joe is an awesome. He has good memory and is a friendly face to be greeted by after the hustle of flights and commute from the airport.

Bed was comfy. Lockers in room are excellent. Breakfast was filling. Coffee all day is great. Close to supermarket. Only down was if someone was using bathroom in the room. Not a lot of choices if you need the bathroom. Cable TV a plus.

This was a fantastic Hostel definitely one of the best I have stayed in! The pool is a great asset really creates a friendly social atmosphere. Most the staff where excellent we only had one grump! Had a great stay and met some amazing people

Ac was not so great in carriage house, but I think someone in the room was stashing remote control for it preventing anyone making it cooler. None the less it was a bit toasty to sleep on a top bunk. Also there are 8 lockers and 8 beds, yet all lockers were filled preventing me from using one. If you are going to assign beds in room, then you should assign lockers as well so everyone has ability to use one in that room. Beds squeak, but are comfy. Room/ bath could have used a cleaning.

Nice friendly staff and good atmosphere. Nice and clean rooms and facilities, with pool and jacuzzi.

I had a great time! The staff was helpful and friendly. I enjoyed hanging out at the pool an getting to know everyone. It's one of the nicest hostel I've been too!

• 10th Jul 2014

just a great hostel in a buzzing area of Houston. Had a great short stay

• 26th Jun 2014

Really nice and spatious. The beds are very shaky though. Bathroom is great, internet works, nice staff and helpful, breakfast is alright.

This hostel is just really cool. I met so many nice people there and it so clean and beautiful. It felt almost like an hotel. Definitely the best hostel to stay in when you're in Houston :)

Had a really great stay here, best hostel we've ever stayed in. Very clean, polite staff and great facilities. The only downside was that we didn't love the area, but that's not the fault of the hostel and if anything it was worth going to just to have a nice stay there! Would definitely recommend.

Too many creepy men

• 7th Jun 2014

Houston is extremely spread out so unless you have a car it can be difficult to get around. Luckily this hostel is nearby to the museum district, bars and rice university - perfect for a few days of exploration. The aircon was amazing especially with Houston heat. The actual hostel is a beautiful building and there are several nice houses nearby to admire. Only bad thing was that while I stayed not once was our room cleaned and the bathroom got pretty gross(each room of 8 has their own bathroom)

Great hostel - it bucketed rain when I stayed, but met cool people in the hostel to hang out with and had a great time there.

Great atmosphere with lots to do.

Really nice hostel in an equally nice location! Pool was great as was the building itself (an old mayors house). Only problem was that the hostel was a little too far out of downtown and there was not but to do in the neighbourhood. But if you're up for just chilling by the pool, this place is perfect. Would recommend for a night or two

I had to book this hostel the day before and I was able to get a bed. Very secure, very friendly. I would be a member of HI if I was going to travel more often because it's worth it. I didnt like Houston, but his hostel changed my mind. They have info about places to go updated and the breakfast they offer for free is good. And here's always coffee!

• 18th May 2014
  • Peru

We're glad to have changed your mind a bit about what Houston has to offer! Of course, we love it, and love that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you plan to give Houston another go :)

Staff was very friendly, gave lots of great advice about Houston; facilities were in good condition; the common areas are very well put together. Would definitely stay here again.

• 16th May 2014