HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Amazing hostel. One of the cleanest and most beautiful hostels I have ever stayed in. An old mansion that has been converted into a spacious, clean and welcoming hostel. Kitchen and breakfast are all well equipped and easy to navigate, the rooms are spacious and come with their own lockers. The house and the grounds are amazing. Hotel quality.

I just stayed ine night in this Hostel, but everything went well, the stuff are friendly room was cleaned and not overbooked, every room has the own bathroom also the Breakfast wasn't bad, fresh fruits, eggs, cereals, toast, coffee and tea... When I'm visiting Houston again, I'll book it !!! Thxs

Beautiful hostel and pool was great. Staff v helpful and facilities excellent - v close to bus links into the centre and a big grocery store nearby. However atmosphere was v quiet and not a very sociable hostel.

Excellent hostel. One of the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

Enjoyed our stay however upon arrival we were told that we have been downgraded to an 8 bed dorm from a 4 without our knowledge or consent. It was very upsetting but staff was understanding and gave us a discount.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

A very nice place. The pictures are very true to the actual place. A beautiful building. The 6-bed mixed doe was large and spacious, quiet and cool. The staff was helping cup. The kitchen was great

Had a great time at this hostel. Highly recommend staying here whether you are traveling on your own or in a group. Stayed here with my wife and had no issues (place towels around our bunk for privacy). Used the time at night to play pool, hang out with some cool travelers, and discuss world events while enjoying some drinks. Enjoy your time and take advantage of group dinner on Wednesday night!

• 1st Jun 2015

What an amazing hostel which feels more like a home with its big living areas, kitchen and common rooms. The room I stayed in was a 4 bed with ensuit and it was fantastic. We even had a balcony. The only negatives about the rooms was the beds which made noise from the smallest touch, and the strangely small pillows. On a whole though this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Nice environment, no crazy drunk parties and it's always clean. Plus the staff are very friendly.

The staffs are kind and try to help as much as possible. The location is wonderful, in a great neighborhood and easily accessible. The place is clean and safe. The internet is fast and works in every room in the house. Highly recommend for a nice stay in Houston.

The bunk bed was very squeaky I couldn't move without disturbing other guests. The rungs on the ladder to upper bunk are very narrow and hurt bare feet. Consider adding a small shelf and power outlets near each bed. Need additional bath 2nd floor to match number of guests on that level.

• 14th May 2015

I feel HI hostels receive inflated review scores only because atmosphere and staff are what I believe to be MOST important when it comes to a hostel (not a hotel), but are scaled down to other attributes that they do well. I will have to admit that the fact it is an ex-mansion made it definitely feel different, and the facilities were amazing.

I stopped here for a night on my way through Houston. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and thought it was pretty cool. I've stayed at many hostels abroad and this one is comparable to other HIs in Europe and Canada. We didn't really do much here but the dorm was nice, breakfast was okay, and staff was helpful/ friendly. I definitely recommend for a short trip

• 10th May 2015
  • SammyFries

Very clean. Breakfast included. Pool room is nice. Staff in helpfull and rooms are great

The facilities are nice, and the locations is great. Definitely recommend it and would stay again. I have stayed at different hostels and it has felt like the atmosphere was perfect and you leave making great friends; either through activities , or engagement of the staff with guests. This place did not feel that way. Maybe the guests at that time, the city, staff, I am not sure. But it felt a bit indifferent. Maybe just me. Overall great place.

The staff were the standout. Super helpful, with plenty of tips. Overall a nice hostel, decent breakfast options too. My only gripe is that the bathroom in my area was pretty grubby (I didn't see any others). Apart from that, I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Apr 2015

The hostel is really nice! It's clean and spacious and the bed were nice and comfy. The staff were really friendly and provided a lovely breakfast which is always good. The location is in safe neighbourhood.

I've never said this about any place I eaten at or stayed at but know this is the best hostel with the greatest staff ive encountered in all my years of travel.

Their seemed to be a bad smell in the hostel im not sure what it was. More variety for breakfast as well. Loved the tv room.

Great place, very clean

• 25th Mar 2015
  • China

Had a really great stay at Hi. What an excellent location!!! Had a lot of fun going to Glitter bar for karaoke and Little Papa's seafood. Nasa was also such a fun outting. The breakfast food was not very good at Hi, the bunk beds creaked with little movement but that is the only reason the rating was not higher. But it is a hostel and half of the fun is to meet folks from all over the world! The staff was outstanding and super friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Hi for your stay.

• 24th Mar 2015