HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

The staff were the standout. Super helpful, with plenty of tips. Overall a nice hostel, decent breakfast options too. My only gripe is that the bathroom in my area was pretty grubby (I didn't see any others). Apart from that, I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Apr 2015

The hostel is really nice! It's clean and spacious and the bed were nice and comfy. The staff were really friendly and provided a lovely breakfast which is always good. The location is in safe neighbourhood.

I've never said this about any place I eaten at or stayed at but know this is the best hostel with the greatest staff ive encountered in all my years of travel.

Their seemed to be a bad smell in the hostel im not sure what it was. More variety for breakfast as well. Loved the tv room.

Great place, very clean

• 25th Mar 2015
  • China

Had a really great stay at Hi. What an excellent location!!! Had a lot of fun going to Glitter bar for karaoke and Little Papa's seafood. Nasa was also such a fun outting. The breakfast food was not very good at Hi, the bunk beds creaked with little movement but that is the only reason the rating was not higher. But it is a hostel and half of the fun is to meet folks from all over the world! The staff was outstanding and super friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Hi for your stay.

• 24th Mar 2015

Everything was really nice and clean. They organized a pub crawl and everyone felt like a big family. Comfortable beds and great location with bars and restaurants nearby. By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Please, please, clean and check up on your bathrooms more frequently. Urine in the shower. No soap in several of the most accessible bathrooms. The level of cleanliness was a deal-breaker for me. I couldn't feel at ease.

I love this place . . . .every time I have come to Houston I stay here. I have been around to many different Hostels, from Honolulu to Denver and I can say the Morty Rich is the cleanest and most well put organized of all the Hostels.

It is rather laid back place, well maintained and excellent hostel. Only problem is the bathroom, it smells, maybe air fresheners should do the trick. Also parking facility is limited and if you show up late you might need to content with street parking which is not safe, their (hostel staff's) words not mine.

This place is amazing. Close to Metro and Megabus station. Room was clean, with a nice mattress and big locker. Staff were friendly and provided great advice. I would recommend this place without a doubt. My only regret is that I stayed for one night.

The staff and my overall stay far surpassed my expectations -- they were excellent !!!

• 17th Feb 2015

bathrooms are okay. need to promote cleanliness

• 15th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Bad rating on FACILITIES relates singularly to the freaky heat and cold in room 2. All temp comes thru bathroom which is either hell-level hot or northpole-level cold. Staff knows about this PROBLEM, and still relies on victims to ask for adjustment each and every time. Admonition to keep balcony door shut is impossible to follow, thus costing hostel bucks on energy. Please work on this.

Excellent location for Houston. You can actually walk to many bars and restaurants.

Great vibe, quite a friendly place. Good for relaxing

Idk what to say. This is my second stay here. It has potential but bathrooms are really lacking for cleanliness. The tiny rug on the bed is supposed to be a blanket?? The staff are super hot and cold. Some are really nice and helpful and others not so much. Breakfast is lovely and all the open space is so nice. However, I barely got Two hours of sleep as the wall were so thin and a loud group of tawain people were like a herd of buffalo eating and packing to leave between 2 and 4 am. Byrs remrs

I loved this hostel the moment I saw it. I loved the pool and wished it was warm enough to USe! Great neighborhood and girl with short hair is exceptional with recommendations and directions. Others not so much. Bathroom could use a good scrub and too warm room but nice bed. Great breakfast and common area!

Good location but wasn't much impressed with security n stuffs u left in room or common area

Staffs are nice and helpful. There is always somebody at the front desk so late check is totally fine. If you drive there, parking is not a problem, because there are three parking spaces in the hostel and you can also park in front of the hostel.

• 9th Jan 2015