HI - Houston at the Morty Rich Hostel Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Very nice staff. Beautiful place. Next to a Wallgreen and Kroger (Very much vegetables)

Nice hostel the stuff is amazing!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Israel

Great place to stay in when you're in Houston. Located in the lovely Montrose neighbourhood, which is plenty of restaurants, bars and supermarket just 3 minutes walks from the Hostel. I had a 8 bed dorm (female). The room was very spacious, with private bathroom and I felt very safe in here, I didn't feel the need to lock my luggage when I wasn't there. The staff was very helpful and kind, it was my first time in a hostel, and I was really impressed by it.

• 27th Apr 2014

Best hostel I've stayed in across America by far. Nice and clean, in a great area and excellent facilities. The atmosphere was a little dead when I was there. Maybe a few hostel run events could be made but apart from that it was my favourite place to stay.

This hostel was really great. Location was good - near some good bars and cheap places to eat. Staff were amazing and friendly.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

We're glad you had a positive experience in our hostel! We hope to see you again the next time you're in Houston.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at .

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Jamaica

Nice building, nice hostel, nice position, price affordable. Suggestable.

Beautiful big old mansion, clean facilities, nice staff. Loved that they have a pool table and a pool! It was nice having bathrooms attached to the dorm room. Houston is a very big spread out city, but I found the neighborhood the hostel is located in (Montrose) very walkable and pleasant. Nice streets and a lot restaurants and funky bars nearby. Had a great stay overall.

Thank you for the detailed review and glad you had a positive experience at our hostel. We hope to see you again the next time you're in Houston!

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 27th Mar 2014

The extensive common areas are particularly praiseworthy.

The hostel was remodeling during my stay and there was only one shower available. If not for this I would have given a perfect score.

We are glad you had such a positive experience, and please excuse us for the work that was being done at the time of your stay! We have everything finished now so we would love to see you again the next time you're in Houston.

Great great hostel. Located within walking distance to mid town (the best part of Houston for bars clubs and restaurants) and the museum district (one of the only interesting area for tourists). Situated on one of the most upmarket suburban streets in the entire city, this mansion contains beautifully clean sunny rooms and the largest common areas of any hostel I've visited. Amazing place! No better in Houston!

Clean and welcoming! Reasonably close to downtown and other tourist locations. Good breakfast and great kitchen if you're on a budget because the stuff like pasta and rice is free :)

Great value for the money. Thank you!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Main house is beautiful! Great location (close to bars/restaurants/museum district) and friendly staff. Kitchen is stocked with supplies and common areas clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple but free. Pool would be nice in the summer. Social & friendly guests, but not a loud party atmosphere. Stayed in the 8-Bed Mixed dorm in the cottage area in the back (separate from the main house). I really enjoyed my stay here. Only qualm was the bunk beds were squeaky/rickety.

The staff was always very helpful, nice and friendly. Even though there was a mistake related to the bedroom, they apologized and gave a discount for that mistake. They allowed me to stay there after checking out while waiting for a friend. Amazing and neat hostel. I highly recommend it. Keep it up!

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

In a great location near all the bars and close to the bus line to downtown. Clean place and nice staff.

It was a really nice place!! I wish I could stay there in the summer when it is hot and the pool was available and all the construction was completed :). I would stay again if I am ever in houston.

• 26th Feb 2014

The Morty Rich Hostel is in a great, older, established, tree lined neighborhood. It is a beautiful mansion that has been turned into a wonderful hostel. The decor and original architecture were a great mix of old and new. Loved the common areas including the pool table room and outdoor area. My dorm room was clean and neat. It was quiet and I was able to get a good nights sleep. It was located very close to my event. I will definitely recommend to others and stay here again in the future.

• 21st Feb 2014

The amenities were very nice and the staff friendly. The only draw back was the there was only one shower in the main facility.