HI Houston at the Morty Rich Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

Initially booked for a night, later extended for 5 more nights. The location is in good neighborhood. Walk-able distance to bus stop and pharmacy store. Close to downtown and transit center.The staff were friendly and helpful. Was surprised that they offered breakfast, fruits, tea and coffee. Homely atmosphere. Met some nice people. Over all, my stay good.

• 9th Dec 2015

Had an awesome time in this hostel,very clean and in a quiet and safe neighourhoods. Staff was super cool, special shoutout to Rob and Jason for being genuinelly nice and cool people, and always eager to help out in a down to earth way, not the over the top fake way that so many hostelworkers seems to adopt:) Highly recommended

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Very clean place. Friendly and helpful 24-hour staff. There's lockers in your room so you can secure the safety of valuable goods. Might not be the cheapest place in the area, but if you take into account that a nice breakfast is included in the price it's not even that expensive. There's a computer you can use, as well as a TV room. Very professional hostel.

Nice place, clean and everything you need available. Staff was very nice and helpful! Since it's a HI-hostel there were a lot of older guests around, so not a typical partyhostel. The bathroom door of our room would close which wasn't great but everything else was fine. Location is great, cute neighborhood, supermarket just a 5 minute walk away, easy bus connections to the airport.

Easily the best hostel I've stayed at in the United States so far. Located right in the heart of Houston close to downtown. Staff extremely helpful an overall great stay would stay again.

It was a bit far from everything but I still had a good time and met nice people

I stayed in two different rooms in this Hostel, in the first room the bathroom door did not closed, you had to use the bathroom with the door semi opened. In the second room the bed was extremelly noisy and there were a lot of dust under it. Also, in the second night that i stayed in this Hostel I was charged for a tax that was not described in the website page, for not being an associate to something. Ok, it was just 3 dolars but it should be said when i made the reservation.

I wish when I bought the membership it had been made more clear that it was only for the USA, not for any hostels outside of the USA. The front desk attendant gave a great recommendation for a place for me to watch a football game. Bathroom was average. I loved the stairs on the beds! Those were really helpful for climbing into my top bunk.

• 21st Nov 2015

A beautiful hostel with great facilities.

Really nice staffs and there even is a swimming pool! I like the living room the most The only disadvantage is the restrooms is not so enough since it is remodeled from a luxury big house.Anyway you can take the bus 82 to many places, and the bus fee in Houston is 1.25 per loop. So, prepare the changes before you take the bus. Must go to Rice University include Rice Village to enjoy the trees and grass.

Besides the parking ticket, great place to stay! Only stayed one night, but would have been great to stay longer and see more of Houston.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I was in town for a conference and just couldn't handle the noise. The walls are extremely thin - the typical post-bar 2am crowd wasn't even that rowdy, but I couldn't sleep at all. I had to check out after one night. Happily, they refunded the rest of my stay. If I were there to backpack and party, I'd definitely go again. It's a beautiful facility.

A little bit out of the city but plenty to do in this part of town!! staff were super helpful are really made my stay a great one. Highly recommend!!

HI - Houston is in a suburban-ish area of Houston with close by supermarkets and fast-food places. Can be a bit difficult to get into central city but there are public buses available. Bunk beds are a little wobbly but not that bad. TV room upstairs had a good selection. Kitchen well stocked with utensils and a lounge and games room downstairs with quite a few board games and a pool table. If you're not a HI member there is a $3 extra charge.

This hostel is one of the most aesthetically pleasing places I've been to. The rooms are incredibly spacious and there is plenty of rooms for relaxing such as the TV room, kitchen, swimming pool or lounge. I really liked the giant blackboard that had recommended places for food, drinks and entertainment near the hostel. Although you do need to take a bus to downtown, the bus stop is very close.

Great hostel great location

Bath tub was clogged and filthy. Very noisy. Friendly staff.

It was nice, but next time I'll have to make sure I'm on a bottom bunk, I'm too old to be climbing up and down. I would have thought I made my reservation far enough in advance not to be put in a top bunk.

• 10th Oct 2015

The hostel is close to a bus stop and it takes about 15 min to get to downtown. I defitinitely recommend HI hostels, they are usually great.

I loved this hostel really enjoyed my time here. Great pool area for chilling out, the place was very clean. Though the bathroom in my dorm could have done with a better clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful in what to do in the area where to eat, how to get somewhere. Also basic breakfast included.