HI Houston at the Morty Rich Reviews

501 Lovett Boulevard, Houston, USA

I loved this hostel really enjoyed my time here. Great pool area for chilling out, the place was very clean. Though the bathroom in my dorm could have done with a better clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful in what to do in the area where to eat, how to get somewhere. Also basic breakfast included.

I loved this wonderful hostel from the first moment I set foot inside. Physically it is beautiful but it is the incredible staff here who, between them, create a very very special place. Light and airy, this hostel always seems to have plenty of space whether it is lounge, TV room, pool room/library, outside chill areas, the pool or the dining room. However it also manages to exude a cosy and homely atmosphere. I have stayed in many hostels all over the world and this is one of my top 5.

Beautiful hostel but a bit out of downtown

The location of the hostel is amazing! Close to downtown and in walking distance of bars and great restaurants. It is an old mansion with lots of fun things to do. The size of the hostel makes it a little more difficult to meet people, but you can manage it if you are outgoing. The rooms are very clean and there are activities to do on the boards. There are 3 parking spaces in the back of the hostel and you can park on the street in front of it. Not really a party atmosphere in Houston.

This is the most beautiful hostel if been in! So clean and the staff was excellent!

There was an altercation I had with one of the assistaants to the staff members and after I was told he no longer would be there he was there a number of nights later almost as if nothing had happened at all. I did'nt pay as much as I did to have nonesense come from the people who should be focused more on their duties instead of making a paying customers stay less than superb.

• 19th Sep 2015

Very nice staff and great atmosphere. All Important stores are close by (bank, groceries, pharmacy).

• 18th Sep 2015

Location is great, really close to restaurants, bars and bus stop. Front desk guy attitude was great! and really helpful! Didn't feel that much of atmosphere since stayed there for one night. Linnien had strange stains and my only complain is.. payed a bit of extta bucks to have an ensuited room, but neither the shower or sink worked! Used the sink.. made a mess... Would stay there again just on a non ensuited room.

We enjoyed staying at the hostel. After 3 weeks staying in Motels we really appreciated what the hostels offered: good atmosphere, nice and big common areas, kitchen, terasse, pool, garden, terrace, very friendly staff etc. I would definitely recommend the hostel! It seems like it is located in the best area in Houston and also easy to reach by public transport. Although shared bathrooms could be cleaned a bit more often, it was still ok. Why aren't there more hostels like this in the US?

This was a very nice hostel in a great part of Houston with a nice atmosphere and helpful staff, the only negative and it's quite a big one, is the locks on the doors were broken so it meant homeless people would just walk in during the night, so its highly advised to definitely use the lockers!

A cool looking hostel built inside a mansion. Very clean and located close to bus lines.

We didn't spent much time there, but the little I spent there definitely made me want to stay for a longer time. The place was really cute and homey, the staff was so incredibly sweet and welcome and helped us so much to move around the city because we haven't been there before, the rooms and bathroom were really clean and it was a really good place to stay and sleep. The other people staying there were really nice too and in overall I'm glad we found this place to stay. Thank you!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

It was better thenthen i expected

• 31st Aug 2015

Great location. Great people.

Amazing place, friends and family were surprised when I told them it was a hostel!! They all thought I was staying at someone's house!! Stunning place and amazing clean and fresh room with a balcony!!

• 27th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel and close to clubs in houston! Definitely recommend it!

I was only there for one night , the staff was friendly and helpful .

• 20th Aug 2015

Nice hostel, not far from bus stop but we were stood waiting for about 10 minutes at reception to check out as there was nobody about

We first found the hostel pretty nice. But we felt barely welcomed, the guy at the reception didn't seem to care and didn't even get up to show us our room. Our beds were pretty messy, the floor hadn't been vacuumed for a long while I guess. The bathroom wasn't really clean. We couldn't really sleep due to the air conditionner, the ridiculously small blanckett I had on my bed didn't help to warm me up, I was frozen. The positive points were the pool and the breakfast.

• 17th Aug 2015