HI-Inka Pacha Reviews

Lake Titicaca - Island of Sun, Yucumani - Puerto del Sur, Copacabana, Bolivia

Staff: -Did not accept my HI card for the relevant discount -Was surprised when I asked for a safe place for my valuables -Told me there was free breakfast at night, but in the morning offered nothing for less than 20 B -Was very hesitant to let me leave my big backpack while hiking after checkout -Would not let me use the bathroom when I returned to retrieve my bag despite 0 guests staying there at the time -Was generally extremely rude and off putting at all times. Very bad attitude

• 16th May 2015

Had a lovely night's stay at Inka Pacha. Hostel was well located with great views across the lake to Isla de la Luna, and from our room and there was a balcony too. The lady at the hostel was really hospitable and attentive. We ate dinner there too and the food was great.

• 10th May 2015

This place is a bit weird but it didn't really matter because I was only there to sleep. No hot water and no wifi, but that's to be expected on Isla del Sol. The location is perfect and beautiful, but prepare to walk up A LOT of stairs to get there.

It was too expensive for what you get. Really basic accomodation! We booked a private room at the hostel but got a room 15 minutes walking away at some unknown adress in a private garden. there was no door to the toilet, the toilet didn't flush proberly, no hot water as promissed. The locker for the door was poor, no security at all. The worst hostel we have stayed at in South America, way too overpriced.

The lady who's running the hostel is very nice! And she cooks good food :) You only need a bed to sleep in when you're in Isla del Sol, so this hostel is good for that. And quite cheap.

When going to isla del sol you have to be aware that there is mostly no internet and the conditions are very basic. If you are fine with not necessarily having hot water, it is the perfect place to disconnect, enjoy the nature, the amazing view at the lake and isla de la luna and, most of all, the hospitality and great trucha of the lovely woman who runs this hostel. I had a great time!

The hostal was very old and it was not all what i expected. Maybe twenty years ago it was like it is written. For 30 bolivianos you get on the isla nicer rooms by the lokal people. The woman who looks after the hostel was nice and she is cooking quiet well, but she is doing all things very slowly.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

The shower was cold and there wasn't wifi and the breakfast was not included as was promised on the web site

• 15th Feb 2015

Horrible hostel. The rooms are ok, but there's no hot shower (it's an eletric shower in a place where it's 5°C during the night), there's no internet connection, no flush on the toilets and really dirty! I was given no keys to the rooms or to enter the hostel during the night, and there's no locker on the room to keep your stuff. There's a lot of hotels around the island, but i recommend you to sleep in Copacabana and do the tour in the Island during the day.

They told me they have credit card, water, gas, light... None of them! And they kick us off at 7 pm in Isla del Sol without another hostel or something. Shame!! I want my money back!

• 11th Jan 2015