HI-Inka Pacha Reviews

Lake Titicaca - Island of Sun, Yucumani - Puerto del Sur, Copacabana, Bolivia

Very basic hostel, and does not really match up with the description on hostel bookers website. The rooms are clean, but old, and there were no electric sockets. The showers were out of order (and looked as if they had been for a while). They had no record of my booking so fortunately there was some space (this is probably the patchy internet on the island tho). A very big climb up the stairs!

When booking I was told that breakfast would be included however upon checking out the owner was adamant that that was and never has been an option. As there is no internet or wifi in the hostel I couldn't show her where it stated that breakfast was included in our room. There is really no need to book a hostel in advance on Isla del sol, as there are at least 15 hostels and all offer the same services but some at much cheaper prices.

• 29th Jul 2014

I had reserved a bed in a dorm via hostelworld and they did not have one for me when I got there. The woman working there had her niece take me up the road to her sister's house. It was an unmarked house, and there was nowhere to socialize with other people- it was a bit odd. What bothered me is that it wasn't what I had reserved and I think they were charging other people less than me to stay there.

very nice lady owner.

It's a bit of a climb up the island to get to the hostel but the views are amazing.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

It's is very difficult to rate this hostel. The facilties aren't very good, toilet tank isn't working, you have to fill small orange bucket with water to sort the business out. There is no keys so you can't lock the door, whether in or out. The direction given are rather misleading, it is not 5 minutes walk from the port, but 40. No Internet. When asked for a hot water to fill my coffee thermos I was refused. However it is the most beautiful place and the view from the window is breathtaking.

no english. if u have some luggage, get another hostel. and they do not give dicount for HI membership.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel is located on top of the hill, is a fair walk / climbing up the stair to reach but it offers a stunning view across Lago Titikaka. The receptionist couldn't speak English however we manage to communicate by basic words and hand gesture. Unfortunately, there wasn't hot water shower ( or maybe there was but wasn't heated up property) This was a killer in the winter. There are quite a numbers of hostel around, this might not be the best or most comfortable one I am afraid.

Really nice building and garden, the landlady is lovely, very nice. If you don't mind not having wifi it's fine. Really nice hot showers was great. No lock on the door to the bedroom but it felt safe enough. I would stay again.

It is a walk up hill! But almost all the hostels on the south side are. Really simple room, no heating, cold at night. Bathroom simple. Probably most hostels up there are about the same.

R Old lady at the desk kept pushing meals and sales item from the hostel, was counting the shower time and youre not allowed to flush the toilet properly in order to save water ( All this combined to the price in dollars and receiving a random boliviano ex-rate plus wrong change. Also cheaper places on the island. Place was clean, room ok, location fine like all the others. We expect using the kitchen etc. Would create even more problems. All in all horrible service, not recommendable.

The shower isn´t so hot. The staff wasn´t so friendly. The price of our stay was US$ 22,88 for a private room with shower. We gave US$ 20 plus 3 x US$ 1. They didn´t want to accept saying that US$ 1 worth less. We said that US$ 1 is US$ 1 anywhere and finally they accept.

When I asked the staff to give a cup of hot water, she charged the bill and she didn't allow us to use the toilet after check out.

The staff was super friendly and I could see the beautiful sunrise over lake titicaca from my room. The room was comfortable and there were plenty of blankets on the bed.

It is a nice quiet hostel with a spectacular view from its rooms. There are no meals included, but they offer all meals for service (and the food is really fine). Staff is very friendly. Definitely a good adress for your stay at isla del sol.