HI-Inka Pacha Reviews

Lake Titicaca - Island of Sun, Yucumani - Puerto del Sur, Copacabana, Bolivia

I have to say I'm utterly disappointed with my stay at HI Inca Pacha. Besides the fact that the reservation was not ready upon arrival: - The lady gave us DIRTY towels and roll of toilet paper - The room looked wrecked:broken sink, dirty toilet, window not closing, dampness stains on the ceiling - she offered 50 bs/night to other travelers but she made us pay over 150 for same accommodation - Breakfast still not open at 8:10 am -Lady very rude, pushed us to buy her stuff evengetting mad at us

• 11th Oct 2014

The ladies running the hostel had a very rough record of our booking and no idea how much we had left to pay. We later found out that other guests were paying half of what we were. No running water. View was great despite the walk up the hill.

Very basic hostel, and does not really match up with the description on hostel bookers website. The rooms are clean, but old, and there were no electric sockets. The showers were out of order (and looked as if they had been for a while). They had no record of my booking so fortunately there was some space (this is probably the patchy internet on the island tho). A very big climb up the stairs!

When booking I was told that breakfast would be included however upon checking out the owner was adamant that that was and never has been an option. As there is no internet or wifi in the hostel I couldn't show her where it stated that breakfast was included in our room. There is really no need to book a hostel in advance on Isla del sol, as there are at least 15 hostels and all offer the same services but some at much cheaper prices.

• 29th Jul 2014

I had reserved a bed in a dorm via hostelworld and they did not have one for me when I got there. The woman working there had her niece take me up the road to her sister's house. It was an unmarked house, and there was nowhere to socialize with other people- it was a bit odd. What bothered me is that it wasn't what I had reserved and I think they were charging other people less than me to stay there.