HI-Inka Pacha Reviews

Lake Titicaca - Island of Sun, Yucumani - Puerto del Sur, Copacabana, Bolivia

Horrible hostel. The rooms are ok, but there's no hot shower (it's an eletric shower in a place where it's 5°C during the night), there's no internet connection, no flush on the toilets and really dirty! I was given no keys to the rooms or to enter the hostel during the night, and there's no locker on the room to keep your stuff. There's a lot of hotels around the island, but i recommend you to sleep in Copacabana and do the tour in the Island during the day.

They told me they have credit card, water, gas, light... None of them! And they kick us off at 7 pm in Isla del Sol without another hostel or something. Shame!! I want my money back!

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

I have to say I'm utterly disappointed with my stay at HI Inca Pacha. Besides the fact that the reservation was not ready upon arrival: - The lady gave us DIRTY towels and roll of toilet paper - The room looked wrecked:broken sink, dirty toilet, window not closing, dampness stains on the ceiling - she offered 50 bs/night to other travelers but she made us pay over 150 for same accommodation - Breakfast still not open at 8:10 am -Lady very rude, pushed us to buy her stuff evengetting mad at us

• 11th Oct 2014

The ladies running the hostel had a very rough record of our booking and no idea how much we had left to pay. We later found out that other guests were paying half of what we were. No running water. View was great despite the walk up the hill.

Very basic hostel, and does not really match up with the description on hostel bookers website. The rooms are clean, but old, and there were no electric sockets. The showers were out of order (and looked as if they had been for a while). They had no record of my booking so fortunately there was some space (this is probably the patchy internet on the island tho). A very big climb up the stairs!

When booking I was told that breakfast would be included however upon checking out the owner was adamant that that was and never has been an option. As there is no internet or wifi in the hostel I couldn't show her where it stated that breakfast was included in our room. There is really no need to book a hostel in advance on Isla del sol, as there are at least 15 hostels and all offer the same services but some at much cheaper prices.

• 29th Jul 2014