HI-Inka Pacha Reviews

Lake Titicaca - Island of Sun, Yucumani - Puerto del Sur, Copacabana, Bolivia

The staff was super friendly and I could see the beautiful sunrise over lake titicaca from my room. The room was comfortable and there were plenty of blankets on the bed.

It is a nice quiet hostel with a spectacular view from its rooms. There are no meals included, but they offer all meals for service (and the food is really fine). Staff is very friendly. Definitely a good adress for your stay at isla del sol.

Its a very long walk up the stairs to get to this hostel, its tough going with a full bag pack... No showers available. Hostel was clean and owner tried to be helpful about tours and food but has no English. Food that she prepared for us was nice. No lockers in our room and no key for the bedroom door. Nice views from the hostel balcony.

I suggest they could fix the toilet. Staff was really nice and helpful...

Generally clean and homey. But blanket not sufficiently warm, and shower was not warm enough for comfort. Location is good for the trails, but climbing all the way up with a full backpack at altitude upon arrival can be quite a task.

We were given a different room to the one we had booked, there was only one freezing cold shower with an hour queue most days, had to padlock our own door, the curfew wasn't clearly communicated, none of the toilets flushed properly... I know the island has scarce water resources and that's to be expected, but nothing was very clearly signed or communicated and the lady in charge was constantly scolding us! There are definitely nicer places to stay on the island.

• 5th Jan 2014

Very nice location. True that it is exhausting to get all the way up, though. Beds are comfortable, owner is very nice, breakfast is good. Only one shower would work though and we were not allowed to use the bathroom in the afternoon because it just had been cleaned... All in all, a good place for the price. Try the restaurant Las Velas, not too far. Worth every penny.

The woman running the hostel was very sick and I felt very sorry for her when I was asking questions about my room. YOU CAN GET A MUCH BETTER HOSTEL on the island if you just wait and book when getting there! the breakfast (not included) was stale bread with a small juice. there was only one bathroom open (the other was completely out of commission) and there was no hot water for a shower. When I went to use the kitchen to heat hot water she wanted to charge me even though the kitchen is adverti

The staff is super nice, but it helps if you speak a little spanish. The lady owner made us a great dinner and was always cleaning everything. The shower was warm, what is great considering you are on an island with no gas. As for security, it is impossible not to feel safe in such a nice island.

We weren't to pleased with the place. Our reservation didn't come through properly and the accomodation was very average. Toilets need to flush with a bucket and showers are very spare. If you have the option shop around on the island, loads of accomodations over there!