HI-Jasper Reviews

Box 387, Alberta, Jasper, Alberta, Canada

Easy check-in and good introduction by the staff. Most of the 40 beds has a private atmosphere and it does not feel like sleeping in a sports hall. Dorm itself was sufficiently clean, the smell was sometimes to private, but this is not the fault of the hostel. The kitchen is very well equipped with everything you need for normal cooking. The capacity of the cooking area seem sufficient. The wash rooms are simple but sufficient. All in all the stay was nice and I can recommend the hostel.

Dorm stinks like body odour.

• 18th Jan 2014

Always a wonderful time. Organized kitchen, clean beddings provided, very helpful staffs and other friendly guests who warms the holiday stays even when its negative twenty six outside :) Without them, our car would have been stuck in the snow for quite a while

• 2nd Jan 2014

I loved the Jasper Hostel so much! We had a campfire outside with many people from the hostel and we all admired the northern lights, it was magical! Staff was so cool and the atmosphere, my god, so great! Such a bunch of friendly people from all over the world!I stayed there one week in Summer and 3 days in November, I enjoyed it more in November because it was more quiet.In summer it was very crowded.But still, in general people are very respectful in the dormitories, also easy to talk too!

This hostel is most likely a hub of excitement in the middle of the high seasons, but in November, it wasn't ideal. It's far from town and there is only one trip in and 8:30am and one back at 6:00pm unless you want to take a $20 cab, I also wasn't told this at the time of booking. If you had a vehicle it would be fine, as the surroundings are lovely. For a one night stopover I would recommend a motel in town. The place itself was super clean, if a little old; and the kitchen is great.