HI-Jasper

8.5
Fabulous 508 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 41+
16th Mar 2017

Solidly enjoyed my stay, laid back setting, lots of to do options to the outdoors.

Thanks for the review. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your time in Jasper!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

My only complaint - as a solo hiker, I found it a little bit more difficult to meet and talk to people at this particular hostel because it was quite big, and just about everyone there had come in a very large group. I would highly recommend one of the HI- wilderness hostels for people travelling alone in Jasper - I particularly LOVED HI-Mount Edith Cavell Wilderness Hostel - made lots of friends there. Other than that, everything was great ! It is a nice hostel.

Thanks for sharing your experience. The particular mix of people changes day-to-day here at HI-Jasper. We sometimes do have various sized groups in the hostel, and sometimes have predominantly solo or small groups staying. We are glad you had a chance to experience the wilderness hostels as well!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Great place. The only disappointment were some people leaving their food in the oven and not returning so others (who did not want to be rude) waited patiently until it was going to burn.

Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your time here, and are sorry to hear about your experience with the oven not being shared well by others.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
6.3

The private room was noisy because you could hear people coming into the building and talking while they smoked. There would be kids hitting hockey sticks against the wall with the bed. There was also NO heat most of the time! And when we'd get to the point where we couldn't feel our fingers or toes there was no staff at night to fix the heat. We got an explanation of "oh that room is temperamental. It's either way to hot or no heat" that's not acceptable.

• olgaradzikh6934
  • Ukraine, Female, 25-30
24th Dec 2016

I enjoyed my stay overall. However, I would like to have doors in the dorms. Right now there is only a curtain at the entrance to the dorm, and no door. This makes all the noise coming from reception area to be very audible. I fell asleep and was woken up multiple times by people talking on reception. I wish the design was thought through a bit better. Also, the dorms get rather hot at night.