HI - Lagos Youth Hostel Reviews

R. Lan�arote de Freitas, 50, Lagos, Portugal

Unfortunately this is one of the only hostels open in Lagos during the winter season but I assume it would be a lot different in the summer. The location is good but the hostel facilities are very old. There were only a few other guests in the hostel while we were there so the atmosphere wasn't great.

Not the best in Lagos.

This hostel is okay for the money, but it doesn't look nice inside and there are nicer hostels in Lagos for a little bit more money. So I cannot really recommend it.

Unfortunately the staff forgot about my wake up call which led to me missing my bus to Spain. Other than that everything else was perfect! Atmosphere was lacking a little, though I think that's because it's end of the high season so it was pretty quite. Breakfast was pretty good!

I stayed for 3 nights and it was really great! The lockers are almost floor-ceiling, and the rooms/bathrooms were clean. The staff were great, though I had to give a low grade because of the last night I was there. I asked the staff member for an alarm to wake up at 5am, he said he didn't have one but he'd have his colleague wake me. I asked twice if he's sure, and told him I had a flight the next day, he assured me that he'd tell his colleague and write a note. Needless to say, I woke at 6:10am

The hostel is good and clean and the location is perfect, but the kitchen is very poor equipped.

The hostel is good and clean and the location is perfect. Only the breakfast is not so good.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

The HI-Lagos Youth Hostel was all right. We've been there in early atutumn. It was not crowded and manly silent. The rooms were clean but on the beds were plastic sheeds. So in summer probably a little hot. The kotchen was poorly equipped. Lagos is crowded with party tourists also in the late season.

• 28th Sep 2014

A couple extremely helpful staff members going way out of their way to help us out. Quite good breaky. Clean rooms and common area. Internet only in common areas I think. Nice open courtyard in the middle. Overall quite good here for 4 nights we stayed!

Good location, walking distance to everywhere in the city center and the beaches. Facilities were okay, the patio is nice to sit and meet people. The bathrooms were okay, but very old. Could need some restauration. Overall a good price to stay in the city of Lagos for some nights if you don't expect any hotel comfort.