HI - Lagos Youth Hostel Reviews

R. Lan�arote de Freitas, 50, Lagos, Portugal

I like this hostel for the small dorms, it is also a good price. I didn't find it very social though, the commune areas is large and bare. Also pretty much anyone can walk in and our without being stopped which is not so good but then staff are uptight about less important fussy things which makes no sence. The bathrooms smells pretty bad by halfway through the day and I'm not sure anyone has ever wiped down the shower walls. But it is cheap, in a good location and the staff are helpful.

noisy at night though it calms down around 12.30pm

It gets very hot during the summer and the ventilation is extremely poor with no fans inside the room which made the nights difficult. Although the staff was very nice.

the internet system they have is horrible - I had to type in very complicated username and password on my iphone each time I went down to lobby to check emails. the hostel is missing an ambiance unless you run into a friendly traveler, it is no very interesting to hang around. they have a nice outside patio, they could make it more pleasant. The staff was nice though.

Traveled as a group of 3 girls, we initially booked 1 night there but stayed 4 nights... Lagos is one of the most beautiful and colorful places I've ever been to, really enjoyed our 5 days there!! The hostel is nice, loads of fantastic people met there and staff was extremelly helpful and nice! (Johnny

Wifi didn't work the whole time we were there. Kitchen didn't have the best facilities. Great location though!!

It's very basic, but a bang for the buck. Especially the location is right where you wanna be in Lagos.

This was a nice hostel to stay in, super nice and friendly staff, everything is kept clean, location was superb, close to restaurants and right by some of the nice beaches, not far from train station, free breakfast was nothing special. WiFi did not work in my room.

Lovely place to stay.

This was really not a good hostel, the atmosphre was really coldcold, the building itself ils not Nice, the 4 bed-room was really small with only one power plugg (no plug in the bathrobathrom neither) and the WiFi didnt work ! Luckily we staid there only one night. Good location and nice staff though. Breakfast is OK too.

Really nice place and nice people, I would come back. It'd be nice to have a better breakfast though... I'm personally intolerant to gluten and the only thing they offer to eat is bread so I had to eat some and was sick during the day. It would be nice to be able to eat fruits sometimes.

• 12th Apr 2015

One of the shower's door at the Ladies was broken and it is not possible to close it while we take a shower (there are only 2 showers at the Ladies). It will be nice to have a shelf at the shower to put our stuff (shampoo, clothes, etc)

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Thought value for money is quite good, breakfast is very poor. Poor coffee, terrible artificial orange juice, lack of fresh bakery, little or no fruit.

Very basic hostels, facilities were all decent but not great. Clean but a bit run down with an air of camping, which isn't a bother since it's in Lagos were the main attraction is the beach. Nice atmosphere - I met supper nice people! Great location though confusing directions, ok kitchen facilities

Ok. Spent my time in another hostel that had more people. Offseason so quiet.