HI - Lagos Youth Hostel Reviews

R. Lan�arote de Freitas, 50, Lagos, Portugal

This hostel is okay for the money, but it doesn't look nice inside and there are nicer hostels in Lagos for a little bit more money. So I cannot really recommend it.

Unfortunately the staff forgot about my wake up call which led to me missing my bus to Spain. Other than that everything else was perfect! Atmosphere was lacking a little, though I think that's because it's end of the high season so it was pretty quite. Breakfast was pretty good!

I stayed for 3 nights and it was really great! The lockers are almost floor-ceiling, and the rooms/bathrooms were clean. The staff were great, though I had to give a low grade because of the last night I was there. I asked the staff member for an alarm to wake up at 5am, he said he didn't have one but he'd have his colleague wake me. I asked twice if he's sure, and told him I had a flight the next day, he assured me that he'd tell his colleague and write a note. Needless to say, I woke at 6:10am

The hostel is good and clean and the location is perfect, but the kitchen is very poor equipped.

The hostel is good and clean and the location is perfect. Only the breakfast is not so good.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

The HI-Lagos Youth Hostel was all right. We've been there in early atutumn. It was not crowded and manly silent. The rooms were clean but on the beds were plastic sheeds. So in summer probably a little hot. The kotchen was poorly equipped. Lagos is crowded with party tourists also in the late season.

• 28th Sep 2014

A couple extremely helpful staff members going way out of their way to help us out. Quite good breaky. Clean rooms and common area. Internet only in common areas I think. Nice open courtyard in the middle. Overall quite good here for 4 nights we stayed!

Good location, walking distance to everywhere in the city center and the beaches. Facilities were okay, the patio is nice to sit and meet people. The bathrooms were okay, but very old. Could need some restauration. Overall a good price to stay in the city of Lagos for some nights if you don't expect any hotel comfort.

Good hostel when you are on the budget and want to be in the best area of Algarve. The location is very good in historcal city center of Lagos, around 20 minutes on foot from Dona Ana Beach. The room was economicaly equipped but it was clean it was enough for us. The breakfast was monotonous - everyday the same and there was not vegetables at all, but it was fair enough for the price we paid. The main disadvantage was noise inside of the hostel - young people was patying in the patio.

Had a great stay there and they actually had good breakfast !!! totally would recommend it! Location is the best ! but it can be loud at night since there is a lot party going on so if you dont join them ask for a room not on the street side.. or just get some earplugs ;-)

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Austria

If you stay in the 2° floor, there is only two showers in the women toilet, so you can have to wait a lot to take a shower. The shower area does not have place to hang on our towel. The rooms are good, but the wardrobe is a little bit old and does not seal very well. There is only 2 sockets in a room with 4 beds. The wifi only works in the common room. If you need to leave the hostel before the breakfast, they prepare a snack for you with yogurt, juice, but not bread.

Probably the best deal in Lagos.

This hostel is pretty average. If you are just looking for nothing more than a bed to sleep in then it's a good place for you. As a solo traveller I found that the atmosphere was really lacking and it was difficult to meet people. The bathrooms and kitchen didn't feel very clean either. However, the staff were nice and the free breakfast was a plus!

Really good hostel, especially after staying at one of the party hostels, which was filthy. Hi youth hostel was clean and accommodating. Also out was a nice break from all the loud Aussies and English people, instead had a nice mix of Portuguese and Spanish speakers in addition to English speakers. Great value. Only downside was the internet Wi-Fi didn't reach most rooms and was generally show.

very nice place

Helpful staff and clean hostel. The location is very central indeed but it's a bit tricky: some rooms are located at the ground floor so you can basically hear all the noise from the street. Either you party until late at night or you won't be able to sleep much...

Just your basic hostel - no complaints, great location though! Right next to some great bars and super close to the waterfront and all the food places. Super noisy at night, but that's just Lagos, so best to be the ones out making the noise rather than attempting to sleep before 2am.

We really really enjoyed our stay.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Overall this was an ok hostel. Their breakfast was quite good, although it was set so you couldn't really get another bread roll for instance. We stayed in a four bed female dorm and it was definitely one of the smaller rooms I've stayed in at a hostel. The name of the hostel is also not the same on the outside of the building as it is on Hostelworld so this made it hard for us to find. They also had a really late check in- we arrived at 3pm and were told we couldn't check in until 6pm.

Very boosting hostel because of the area. Take ear plugs. They also need to give the floors a good scrub. Apart from that everything was basic and in good condition.