HI-Lake Louise Reviews

Village Road, Box 115 Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alberta, Banff, Canada

Keep up the great work. Only suggestion is that the room temperature in winter is a tad too high.

I loved this hostel! The room and the bathroom were very clean. The bed were a little bit unconfortable for my taste, but I slept well. This hostel is very closed to the moutain, about 10 minutes by car. We had a very good meal at the hostel's restaurant for 17$. I recommend this hostel!

The rules should be brought back, that no Alcohol allow in any dormitory, after I seen lots of empty beer can on their bed and some pack of beer yet to be consume. Thanks for letting me to switch into other dormitory it help me to have peace and good night sleep. Consuming alcohol in dormitory Quit often can lead person behaviour out of control, and fumy unpleasant smell from their breath could spread in the dormitory

• 10th Jan 2015

I had a wonderful stay. Definitely will be going there again :)

Super hostel!!! This is really how a hostel should be, starting from the outside, which is beautiful, then the nicely furnished interior, the comfortable showers, rooms (with ensuite bathroom!!!!) , great facilities, nice common area with pool table too! Very nice crew too, plus there is also a bar inside and a building next to it for some activities.. Many lockers also for the skis, so it is perfect for the winter! Looking forward to get there again....

Nice hostel and nice staff... Clean, ample, warm atmosphere, and with plenty of services. The surroundings are gorgeous and perfect to go hiking, cycling or climbing... No doubt i would recommend it!

Good location. Clean and tidy and the staff were great.

Nice clean hot showers and the restaurant/bar in the premisse males livre easier for those who are traveling but do not want to cook their own meal.

kitchen is very dirty, they need to clean under the sinks and inside the cupboards, also the ceilings in the shower rooms. Craig was an incredibly good waiter the rest of the staff were ok bit moody.

• 12th Oct 2014

Perfect stay and perfect hostel.. It's rather a hotel than a hostel!

The best hostel I stayed in on my trip. Really clean. Awesome common area. Really clean comfortable rooms. Overall really impressed.

Awesome Location decent food in the restaurant. The sauna is great. Only trouble is the WiFi, it really needs some solid upgrades to make it available in more places and so you don't get kicked off.

• 28th Sep 2014

FWIW, I find hostels with attached restaurants to be cold for single travelers. The kitchen was big and stocked, but had benches up on half the tables, signalling inhospitable attitude. Older clientele (my age group) travel in couples and packs, so this is predictable, but worth mentioning. I enjoyed the bonfire (maybe too much), and the staff were super friendly. WIFI sucked.

I was spend 4 days in Lake Louise, 2 days shine sun,rainy 2days. The room was not big, but so clean, neat and smart design which make me comfortable. Have a large kitchen which almost all things that I need, awesome! Also very clean. If you want to hiking to Lake Louise, the trail 4km will take you approx. 1 hr. A beautiful way. There are a few nice hiking way in Lake Louise There is a super market near the hostel , 5min. by walk. Expensive , but in Lake Louise area, can be accepted.

- Rooms are extremely small. - Showers are extremely small, where to put ones toiletries? And no toilets with the shower? I'd prefer that than ensuite toilet in all rooms, which are not unlike public toilets in terms of cleanliness. - The hostel seems more of a stop off for passing motorcyclists. Or was it coincidence that there were 3 in my room the 2 nights I stayed? Odd.

I stayed in one of the 4-bed female rooms, and it was clean, quiet, with its own private washroom and sink. While it was a little pricey for a hostel, I shared the room with only one other woman, the restaurant was convenient, and it was the best deal in town.

• 9th Sep 2014

Extremely close to the local shops and pleasant 1 hour walk to lake Louise itself. Shuttle bus is available from local town, although a little pricey!