HI-Lake Louise Reviews

Village Road, Box 115 Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alberta, Banff, Canada

A great place to meet fellow travelers.The food was good and there is plenty of space to relax.I will book there again next time I pass trough Lake Louise.

• 27th Aug 2014

Beds were comfortable, showers warm and everything was clean. Good kitchen, internet was available in the lounge. Really nice building and great location. Price is good considering the price of other options in the area.

I booked 6 days, 2 days wifi didnt work, other days were hit n miss. I didnt realise Lake Louise village was so small, and without a car, I felt like I made a huge mistake staying here too long. Staff are good, but it is not a normal hostel, the majority of people staying were families or groups of old people, not great for a single traveller to meet friends. When people move around in morning (6am sometimes) sounds like elephants playing football ap and downstairs - SO loud, impossible to sleep

We showed up with some more people than we booked for and the staff still got us in the same room. They were very accomodating! Rooms were clean and the common area

The hostel was very clean and would recommend other stay there. The only thing was that I was told that walking to Lake Louise was fine up the tramline by myself, but when speaking to the locals in the gift shop they said it was a definite no as the bears use the tramline regularly. If in a group no problems.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! We we're put in a room with no air circulation. It was about 40-45degrees celcius inside but outside was cold. The lack of fresh air made you fell like you were suffocating. I went down to the front desk and asked the guy if there was anything he could do, like air con or a fan. He just rudely said " it is what it is" then put his headphones back on started listening to music. He didn't care at all. We slept outside the room in the halway on the carpet and we paid $45 each.

• 3rd Aug 2014

HI-Lake Louise is very clean and quiet to stay in. It has a well equipped kitchen. The staffs were friendly and kind. Also the guests had good manners. So I liked this hostel the most among the hostels in Canadian rocky. I hope to stay some day.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Great place.

• 26th Jul 2014

Excellent stay. Great accommodations and friendly staff.

• 24th Jul 2014

The hostel was nice enough for the price. I had hoped for cleaner showers but you get what you pay for. I ate a quesadilla from the hostel cafe and got very sick afterwards, so I would not recommend eating there.

• 24th Jul 2014

always enjoy my stay at Hi Hostel Lk Louise .... staff exceptionally helpful/friendly...

• 23rd Jul 2014

It was nice to stay there for two nights, however it wasn't as easy as in other hostels to meet some people, especially when travelling alone, since the guest profile was rather wide, not just backpackers and young travellers. But besides of that a good value for the money and especially in Lake Louise which was one of the pricier destinations while travelling through the Rockies. Including a little breakfast could be nice!

Only comment would be no salt and pepper in the kitchen

• 16th Jul 2014

Great hostel with great staff located an easy walk from town.

Everything was wonderful. All that I think needs work is the cleanliness. I know its a hostel, but the bathrooms shouldn't be scary. There shouldn't be grime built up in the corners, etc.

Had a good stay here in a private room and slept like a log. Becky in particular at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The hostel organizes events like hikes and bonfires. The location is good, a short walk or bike ride to the grocery, places to eat, etc. Definitely a good value and cool place to stay if visiting Lake Louise.

Wonderful hostel in a fabulous location. Very clean and large, more like a hotel than a hostel. Big kitchen and on site restaurant is one of the best in town.

• 26th Jun 2014

- Internet Connection was not working most of the time - Shower-Curtains are far over due - To many rules in the hostel: --> Campfire has to be switched off at 11 pm --> Beer in the comon areas has to be taken from the Cafe - Daystuff was awsome, nightstuff not really usefull, bored and not really willing to help in the last night - Far to expensive for what is offered --> just abusing a monopol position in Lake Luise

Great job by staff at LL. I have a med condition and staff s accommodated me. Thanks so much, .will definitely be back and have praised my stay to friends and family.0. Cheers John

• 19th May 2014

Good hostel, awkward location during this time of year if your not driving, as most of the winter activities (except ski/boarding) had finished but the summer activities had yet to start. Clean, average sized rooms, great staff especially as we arrived during a power cut! Free snowshoes so we could get about during the snow storm!