HI-Lake Louise Reviews

Village Road, Box 115 Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alberta, Banff, Canada

The hostel was nice enough for the price. I had hoped for cleaner showers but you get what you pay for. I ate a quesadilla from the hostel cafe and got very sick afterwards, so I would not recommend eating there.

• 24th Jul 2014

always enjoy my stay at Hi Hostel Lk Louise .... staff exceptionally helpful/friendly...

• 23rd Jul 2014

It was nice to stay there for two nights, however it wasn't as easy as in other hostels to meet some people, especially when travelling alone, since the guest profile was rather wide, not just backpackers and young travellers. But besides of that a good value for the money and especially in Lake Louise which was one of the pricier destinations while travelling through the Rockies. Including a little breakfast could be nice!

Only comment would be no salt and pepper in the kitchen

• 16th Jul 2014

Great hostel with great staff located an easy walk from town.

Everything was wonderful. All that I think needs work is the cleanliness. I know its a hostel, but the bathrooms shouldn't be scary. There shouldn't be grime built up in the corners, etc.

Had a good stay here in a private room and slept like a log. Becky in particular at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The hostel organizes events like hikes and bonfires. The location is good, a short walk or bike ride to the grocery, places to eat, etc. Definitely a good value and cool place to stay if visiting Lake Louise.

Wonderful hostel in a fabulous location. Very clean and large, more like a hotel than a hostel. Big kitchen and on site restaurant is one of the best in town.

• 26th Jun 2014

- Internet Connection was not working most of the time - Shower-Curtains are far over due - To many rules in the hostel: --> Campfire has to be switched off at 11 pm --> Beer in the comon areas has to be taken from the Cafe - Daystuff was awsome, nightstuff not really usefull, bored and not really willing to help in the last night - Far to expensive for what is offered --> just abusing a monopol position in Lake Luise

Great job by staff at LL. I have a med condition and staff s accommodated me. Thanks so much, .will definitely be back and have praised my stay to friends and family.0. Cheers John

• 19th May 2014

Good hostel, awkward location during this time of year if your not driving, as most of the winter activities (except ski/boarding) had finished but the summer activities had yet to start. Clean, average sized rooms, great staff especially as we arrived during a power cut! Free snowshoes so we could get about during the snow storm!

We really enjoy our stay there. The hostel is cleaner than I expected. So does the kitchen. Comparing with other hostels in Banff, this would be the worthiest!

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

One of the best hi hostels I've stayed in, only negatives is very slow internet (every traveller has at least a smart phone and a laptop/iPad these days, hostels should adjust their internet accordingly). And the cafe is very expensive, there's not even free tea and coffee. The lounge, sauna and kitchen are excellent and the beds are comfy.

This is a very good hostel with good facilities and a comfortable place to stay. I was however disappointed as there were no organised hikes or anything on and the organised evening events didn't happen. It lacked atmosphere and a sense of community and fun

Only issue with the hostel stay was the bedding. We stayed in a three person private room. There was hair on the pillows and it was a bit of a turn off. Clean pillow cases are an expectation for hostels for me. I am used to having my sheets clearly freshly cleaned and these were maybe clean maybe not.

The kitchen attached to the building we stayed in (the main building) was a mess. Dishes were not done and it was impossible to find a place for food in the fridge as it was very disorganized. Single items were spread all over not leaving others room for their food. Similarly with dry food - there was no place for us to put our dry food. The kitchen is in the basement so not very inviting.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We loved this place. Rooms are modest, but access to the rest of the facility (restaurant, fireplace lounge, outdoor fire pit, sauna, games room) makes it very comfortable. Good location. Very friendly staff. Thanks for having coffee & snacks for Canada's gold medal game early Sunday morning! We'll be back. Mark and Barb Dobroski Red Deer, AB

• 21st Feb 2014