HI-Lake Louise Reviews

Village Road, Box 115 Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Alberta, Banff, Canada

Super hostel!!! This is really how a hostel should be, starting from the outside, which is beautiful, then the nicely furnished interior, the comfortable showers, rooms (with ensuite bathroom!!!!) , great facilities, nice common area with pool table too! Very nice crew too, plus there is also a bar inside and a building next to it for some activities.. Many lockers also for the skis, so it is perfect for the winter! Looking forward to get there again....

Nice hostel and nice staff... Clean, ample, warm atmosphere, and with plenty of services. The surroundings are gorgeous and perfect to go hiking, cycling or climbing... No doubt i would recommend it!

Good location. Clean and tidy and the staff were great.

Nice clean hot showers and the restaurant/bar in the premisse males livre easier for those who are traveling but do not want to cook their own meal.

kitchen is very dirty, they need to clean under the sinks and inside the cupboards, also the ceilings in the shower rooms. Craig was an incredibly good waiter the rest of the staff were ok bit moody.

• 12th Oct 2014

Perfect stay and perfect hostel.. It's rather a hotel than a hostel!

The best hostel I stayed in on my trip. Really clean. Awesome common area. Really clean comfortable rooms. Overall really impressed.

Awesome Location decent food in the restaurant. The sauna is great. Only trouble is the WiFi, it really needs some solid upgrades to make it available in more places and so you don't get kicked off.

• 28th Sep 2014

FWIW, I find hostels with attached restaurants to be cold for single travelers. The kitchen was big and stocked, but had benches up on half the tables, signalling inhospitable attitude. Older clientele (my age group) travel in couples and packs, so this is predictable, but worth mentioning. I enjoyed the bonfire (maybe too much), and the staff were super friendly. WIFI sucked.

I was spend 4 days in Lake Louise, 2 days shine sun,rainy 2days. The room was not big, but so clean, neat and smart design which make me comfortable. Have a large kitchen which almost all things that I need, awesome! Also very clean. If you want to hiking to Lake Louise, the trail 4km will take you approx. 1 hr. A beautiful way. There are a few nice hiking way in Lake Louise There is a super market near the hostel , 5min. by walk. Expensive , but in Lake Louise area, can be accepted.

- Rooms are extremely small. - Showers are extremely small, where to put ones toiletries? And no toilets with the shower? I'd prefer that than ensuite toilet in all rooms, which are not unlike public toilets in terms of cleanliness. - The hostel seems more of a stop off for passing motorcyclists. Or was it coincidence that there were 3 in my room the 2 nights I stayed? Odd.

I stayed in one of the 4-bed female rooms, and it was clean, quiet, with its own private washroom and sink. While it was a little pricey for a hostel, I shared the room with only one other woman, the restaurant was convenient, and it was the best deal in town.

• 9th Sep 2014

Extremely close to the local shops and pleasant 1 hour walk to lake Louise itself. Shuttle bus is available from local town, although a little pricey!

A great place to meet fellow travelers.The food was good and there is plenty of space to relax.I will book there again next time I pass trough Lake Louise.

• 27th Aug 2014

+ : Nice place, good location, charming common room, big kitchen. - : Really small room with no closet. Poor wifi in the rooms. No breakfast included.

Beds were comfortable, showers warm and everything was clean. Good kitchen, internet was available in the lounge. Really nice building and great location. Price is good considering the price of other options in the area.

I booked 6 days, 2 days wifi didnt work, other days were hit n miss. I didnt realise Lake Louise village was so small, and without a car, I felt like I made a huge mistake staying here too long. Staff are good, but it is not a normal hostel, the majority of people staying were families or groups of old people, not great for a single traveller to meet friends. When people move around in morning (6am sometimes) sounds like elephants playing football ap and downstairs - SO loud, impossible to sleep

We showed up with some more people than we booked for and the staff still got us in the same room. They were very accomodating! Rooms were clean and the common area

The hostel was very clean and would recommend other stay there. The only thing was that I was told that walking to Lake Louise was fine up the tramline by myself, but when speaking to the locals in the gift shop they said it was a definite no as the bears use the tramline regularly. If in a group no problems.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! We we're put in a room with no air circulation. It was about 40-45degrees celcius inside but outside was cold. The lack of fresh air made you fell like you were suffocating. I went down to the front desk and asked the guy if there was anything he could do, like air con or a fan. He just rudely said " it is what it is" then put his headphones back on started listening to music. He didn't care at all. We slept outside the room in the halway on the carpet and we paid $45 each.

• 3rd Aug 2014