HI Laranjeiras Reviews

Ordem Terceira Street, 13, Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil

The location and staff were both good. The dorms and bathrooms had a smell of dampness. Showers were good with hot water and there's a good common area with decent wifi. Thought the dorms were pretty basic with no door and some lockers were broken. On balance it was an ok hostel, but could be better.

I stayed here during the World Cup. What I can say, everything was perfect. I couldn't ask for a better hostel during my games in Salvador. very good atmosphere, very nice staff and owner. it's also right in the middle of everything (close to the stadium-10 minutes walk, even less, and next to all the great parties in Salvador in peluorinho area). I highly recommend this hostel!!

Great location. Breakfast was good, and constantly replenished. Not many people staying, so no atmosphere sadly, even though it was right before Carnaval!

I had a very good stay in hostel Laranjeiras. the hostel is very well located and the staff was very helpful in giving any information necessary about the city. the facilities are very nice and clean. defitnitely recommended

• 14th Sep 2013

A lovely place to stay. Friday night has been quite loud though, if you're not in for the party, bring earplugs.

Very well located in the Pelourinho and the staff was great - the house is very nice also (the idea of the hammocks are very cool =)

Pretty hostel, good place, directly in pelourinho, nice atmosphere, but the staff is always very busy.

Nice hostel very well located in the middle of the historic center.

This hostel is probably the best hostel in Salvador. It's very well located in the historical center. The staff is also very friendly & helpful. The hostel is very clean and also the breakfast included is good. It's cosy with hammocks and the atmosphere seems friendly. It's located in front of a percussion school so if you don't like noise it's probably not the best option. I would say only down point is if you're traveling alone harder to make friends but I really recommend it!!

This Hostel show it to us, it is possible tu Run a Place very good!

I really dont know why is it called the best hostel in Brazil!!!.. there so mucho better hostel than this one. FIrst, the stafff where so unconcerned of letting you fell confortable there. They didnt even show us the place, just, here is your key and thats it. The rooms dont have places to connect your devices such as cameras, phones, etc, that needs to get charged. Respect the food, the breakfast is ok, but they should have things to sell, lets say in the night like cookies, or so....

location is great, feel very safe in that neighbourood. We had a double room with bathroom, probably the biggest we had during our trip. It's clean, staff speaks english and will help you if you need anything. Breakfast was delicious with a buffet and lots of fresh juice :-) I highly recommend this place!

Great hostel just a little bit loud, but amazing

Nothing to complain. It's the second time I've stayed there and friends have been there under my recommendation. Amazing place!

Best hostel and place in Pelourinho!

The hotel got character, very colonial located in a corner easy to find and right in the middle of th Pelourinho.. Can not be btter location and also has good breakfast and the best is the people so friendly you could meet in there in the dormitories!!! I highly recommended!!!

Nice hostel, i had already been there in 2004 and the rooms have improved! They are clean, the showers too... The breakfast could be a bit better though (compared t what we have seen in other hostels) but it s ok.

it's a great place to explore Pelourinho (the old town of salvador). the employees are very friendly and helpfull. the breakfast is excellent. we would everybody recommend to go there.

love the folks at the desk. hot water would have been nice! thanks.;

Very kind and funny staff and very nice taxi driver! excellent location! Thank you Fra - Italy