HI - Lisbon Centre Reviews

R. Andrade Corvo, 46, Lisbon, Portugal

Very good location and good breakfast

Clean, accessible hostel. Metro right outside the door, easy access to the airport and supermarkets, restaurants, etc, nearby. Excellent staff: warm and caring people.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Bahamas

Hello Dianne, We're glad that you enjoyed your stay ! Thank you for your comment ! We hope to see you again! Best Regards, Staff Youth Hostel Lisbon Center

Couldn't sleep at all because of the noise from the street and the showers from the room next to mine. Yes, there is a kitchen, but not for the guests to use.

It was a great place to stay and when ever I go to Lisbon I stay at this Hostel only. This is the Third time I stayed. I am extremely satisfied with all staff members and the whole environment of the hostel.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

The woman at reception was incredibly rude, impatient, and unwelcoming. Ruined my visit.

• 5th Oct 2014

Great hostel! Nearby most metro lines; Very helpfull staff; Modest, but well organised breakfast; Cheap; Little ambuance; 1 cockroach and 3 ants in our room.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Very grateful to carol for her help . Breakfast very good except not as the notice advertised as it said juice or Weetabix which were not available. No lunch or dinner available as stated. Coffee really bad! No bar as advertised. Worst thing was my iPhone couldn't get internet and it wasn't fixed over the 4 days we were there. V good showers. Excellent value and we would go back.

The hostel is in a good location. Whorty the price. The breakfest is decent.

It's cheap. Wifi didn't work in rooms, lack of common area, breakfast was disappointing, coffee was awful. The staff however, were bright and cheerful.

I enjoyed my stay a lot and met inspiring people. The hostel has got nice, friendly and welcoming atmosphere

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Poland

price is good. staff is friendly. no lockers in the room

I would like to state that this hostel is horrible with replying to emails. I sent a total of 3 emails and I have never heard a response back.

please do something about the toilets and showers....very very bad. beds very uncomfortable, bad for your back

This hostel was clean and worth the 15 or so euro a night we spent, so cheap! It isn't a hostel to meet people, though, if that's you're intention. No kitchen, a small community area, and no internet connection in the rooms make this hostel boring and not as awesome as others. You do get a locker, but bring your own lock. Folks up front are really helpful. Short walk to city. Overall good if you need a cheap, clean place to stay.

3 of 4 showers in ladies bathroom dont work, the drains are full of hair and other things so if your shower takes around 2 minutes, then you have water up to your ancles with all this hair and things floating around. Gross. I liked the place before I tried to get a shower. Running naked around with all my belongings between broken showers on incredibly slippy floor is just fun to watch not to do yourself:o) Feels like the housekeeper left on holiday and never returned.

Staff was very nice, wifi and vibe suck though. It didnt have kitchen, so thats very bad bc we were not able to cook, which is weird bc the same hostel in Faro has a kitchen, and it has much more facilities actually. Finally, well located, very nice staff, but the building has a lot of potential they dont take advantage, it should be a kitchen and open those terraces that are blocked.

The hostel is in a great location - very close to the city centre, the Marques de Pombal (where the tour buses around Lisbon leave from) and the metro. The staff were brilliant- very friendly, very competent and welcoming. I only have one complaint about the noise but otherwise great stay. :)

Very well located in the centre of Lisbon just near a metro station and a bus stop. Helpful staff!

The location was great and was right by the metro. The down side was they made us wait until 3:30 in the afternoon before we could go up to our room , and the staff member who was working was not very helpful at all. Paid like 5 euro to use a dryer that didn't even work and their washer was broken so we had to wash our clothes by hand in the bathroom sink.

Wall switches for lights could do with labelling what each switch is for to avoid confusion.

• 11th Aug 2014