HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

1966 Total Reviews

Amazing location

best hostel in santa monica

Loved the Hostel with it's nice location in the heart of santa monica! Just a few minutes to the beach.:) The only problem I had was the missing air conditioning. Santa Monica can get really hot at night so I could barely sleep in a room with 9 others and about 90 degrees Fahrenheit... Other than that I had a wonderful time and espeacially the breakfast and the many free activities like hiking or a LA city tour were really nice!

Very close to the beach and the shopping streets. Very secured outside even at night. The front entrance and the door to your room requires a card key to get opened. But you must be careful not to get things stolen just in case. There are several public rooms that has sofas, computers, TVs. Free Wi-Fi is provided throughout the building. The shared bathrooms with showers were not that clean and comfortable. The dishes for your breakfast weren't either. Dishes are all washed without soap!!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Nice location, cool and clean hostel only the male showers on the 3rd floor is like going into a oven!

You'll be happy to know that we are planning on renovating the bathrooms in the near future - so come back and check them out!

The first room we were in was awful, so tiny and hot with no bathroom. We were moved into a bigger room to be with the rest of our friends and it was the same priced room, but much bigger with its own bathroom. The pricing doesnt seem fair for the huge difference in the two rooms.

• 20th Aug 2014

Would be nice if you could have a few drinks in the court yard otherwise pretty good

Room was very very hot. We had an 8 bed room which was very small for that many people. Washing was quite expensive (cost $1.25 each). No parking at all for free, it was either an expensive one close by or seven blocks away for $5 a day. They were always cleaning the bathrooms but they did them all at the same time so there was no where to pee. It was social but there weren't many meals etc organised so you had to do it all yourself (not like a lot of the other hostels).

This summer was unusally hot in Santa Monica so that had an effect in the rooms. It's not uncommon not to have free parking in a popular urban area...I'm sorry you were surprised and unprepared for this. Sounds like you took advantage of our social activities so that you could get out and enjoy the area.

This place was nice although not lively at all, i would definitely recommend staying down in Venice Beach where they have hostels on the beach. Santa Monica beach itself is nice although you can easily get there if you're in Venice. This hostel has potential but I just couldn't see anyone staff or guests getting involved in any activities while I was there.

Had a f*$@:-) blast....

• 16th Aug 2014

Well located, nice & clean rooms, good breakfast, good facilities in general.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Loved the hostel, such a great area, just thought my room little small, they add one bunk, so we couldnt even have space to open the suitcases, but all the rest, can't complain!

Great location for the price and easy toget to from the airport

Nice hostel and great location, but social areas are not great for mixing and luggage will only be held until 1pm the next day. Great breakfast!

Great location, helpful staff, clean and comfortable.

Location, Staff, Beds, and Facilities were amazing!

Good location. Very nice hostel. Something on every night.

The showers were cold on two of the three floors. But as California is on a bad drought, I guess it was better for everyone and not really bothering considering how hot it was! Apart from that and the price per night that was maybe a bit high (38 euros) this place is JUST AWESOME! Such good vibes, super movie room, super reading room, super common room, great kitchen, awesome patio, very friendly staff, so many things organized every day that you couldn't be bored... I recommend this place!

The shower water system was changing when I was there.... So the water was not stable all the time.... And the key card didn't work out couple of times.... I had to go to the counter redo it. I don't know if there has stuff to clean up the fridge. It looks really a mess and packed all the time. The value of this hostel I think is the great location. Ten minutes walk to the beach and two mins walk to the downtown area....

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

We had cockroches in our room!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5