HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Will be staying once a week on business, and I could't be happier with choosing HI.

• 23rd Jun 2015

In my opinion really good. Good location and all that but still really expensive for a Hostel.

Staff was nice and helpful. Pretty good selection of events and entertainment. Location is very good - a few blocks to the beach, and in the middle of Santa Monica shops and restos. Downside to the central location is the noise. May depend on which side of the building you're on. Nice facilities, but not a ton of character -- a little sterile. Dorms were good, clean, nice lockers, bedside light and plugs. Bathroom facilities good and not crowded at all. Bike room was a nice bonus!

Homeless people around, The room had bad smell (Due to people staying in the same room). Hostels in LA in general are somehow expensive.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

Really nice. Friendly staff

• 18th Jun 2015

Room and bathroom Very clean. A little expensive, but the hostel is a corner away from Santa Monica beach and pier. Staff very nice and helpful. Good spot if you want to shop too!

Very poor value for money. On arrival the staff were not very helpful. For the money I would have expected a better breakfast where we were not limited to 2 food items and I would also expect that the majority of the poor selection of breakfast items would not run out prior to breakfast ending (this happened on 2 of the 3 days we stayed). The showers whilst relatively clean practical. Water went everywhere outside of the cubical and there was no private dry space to dress other than the toilet

• 4th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review. We apologize if we didn't meet your expectations for your stay. Our breakfast is no longer limited to 2 items so now we have plenty of food for our guests to have. As for the showers we will bring this to our maintenance departments attention so they can take care of this issue. We hope you can give us another chance to stay with us so we can make it up to you.

Amazing location and friendly staff. Easy to get to the other locations in la because of easy public transportation. I definitely recommend this accommodation though the price is not cheap.

Thanks for your review. Our rates change based on our availability. We suggest booking ahead of time that way you can get a lower rate. We are happy you enjoyed our beautiful location. We're also glad our staff was friendly during your stay. Hope you can come back and visit us soon!

A fantastic hostel. The location is literally perfect! LA is so big that is almost impossible to stay in just one area of the city and still get to experience the city life/hills and tourism/the beaches and piers etc. so this hostel is perfect for those wanting to visit the beaches and famous pier. The neighbourhood is safe and secure and much classier than Hollywood Blvd hostels. Great staff, clean rooms, easy access to transit. 5 STAR! Definitely would recommend if visiting Santa Monica/LA!!!

Expensive have to pay extra $3 a night if your not a HI member so bear this in mind, noisy if your next to the street.

Thanks for your review. If you are planning on traveling to other HI hostels, it may save you some money to buy an annual membership. Once you have your membership card, you won't have to pay the $3 non member fee. It does get a llittle noisy because of our location in the heart of everything. You can pick up some ear plugs at the front desk to ease this annoyance.

Most of things are good. But What I am disappointed about is washroom. It was so small and kind of dirty. Maybe it was just old. Anyway I advice you that you renovate the washroom to make it bigger.

I stayed here just for one night since I was doing a roadtrip but I liked it a lt, it was clea and the atmosphere was nice. The wifi worked everywhere and I liked the plugs in the room even for the upper beds! The breakfast was also very nice.

Big hostel that was very clean!!

A bit noisy with windows open, great location though, good breakfast.

Thanks for your review. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast and our fantastic location. We apologize for the noise outside your room. It can get loud since we are located in a busy street. You can ask the front desk for earplugs to cut out the some of the noise from outside.

Nice, clean hostel. Community restrooms don't allow much privacy, but we're always clean. Large lockers for storage are a plus. The only issue I had was the housekeeper coming in to vacuum while I was asleep at 9am. I understand that quiet time is over at 8 but I thought she could have been a bit more tactful.

Excellent location and friendly staff. This was my first time in a U.S. Hostel so seemed pricey. Same price gets me a beachfront hotel in Costa Rica or Thailand :) However, very reasonable for the location. Beach is 2 blocks. 3rd Street Promenade is 1 block away. Great staff. Great group hike. All ages. Had a good time.

We're so pleased that you chose our hostel for your first time in a US hostel! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our awesome location and volunteer led activities. We look forward to your next visit!

Quite expensive for these mattress At the second day they implemented a new breakfast policy which is ridiculous and doesn't reflect the price - you feel like a prisoner Building is nice and most of the equipment Room service should have separate laundry machine - had discussions about how many machines are currently in use by other guests

Hidden charges incurred due to a backpackers is not a member of there associations, if you stay in this hotel will charge you additional cost.

• 16th May 2015
  • Philippines

was want to get a orange juice but the machine go to take the energy drink, I don't know what's going on. and shower is not so hot. but cleanliness is really good.

• 14th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Found a lot of the electrical power points were very intermittent when trying to use a USB charger. Perhaps with so much use, they are worn out and need replacing. Apart from that, an excellent place to stay.

• 11th May 2015

Sorry our power was a little spotty but sounds like you enjoyed your time with us overall. Thanks for your review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4