HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Everything was very clean, which is a top priority with me. Breakfast was very modest, so don't expect much. But they didn't seem to limit the coffee. Nice places to relax with your electronic devices.

• 30th Aug 2015

Room was too hot, no cold showers

Staff were very helpful. Not the cheapest of places but the location made it an excellent overall choice for a few days stay in Santa Monica

• 26th Aug 2015

I've stayed here before and had an excellent time. This time tho the room was unbearably hot. Window open fan going. Unbearable. I also think I was in an older section, not renovated. I've been in the newer, smaller dorm rooms. Those are much better.

• 26th Aug 2015

The showers aren't hot enough. The breakfast in perfect! Also, there are not enough washing machine between 3PM to 11PM since they are reserved for the staff.

Good location for going to the Santa Monica Beach. Good prize for a bed. This is an option esspecially if travelling alone, as in a regular hotel or for an ensuite room, you need to pay for the whole room, i.e. two beds etc.. The room and the bathroom/toilet were not clean (also because of poor useage by the residents). Breakfast was included, but as it is often the case if you need something more than a coffee and a toast with grape jelly you need to eat out anyway.

Amazing location, very safe environment. Lots of public spaces and beautiful courtyard, nice breakfast. Overall great experience, would recommend :)

Thanks for your great review! We are so grateful to hear you enjoyed your experience staying in our hostel and its lovely location. We hope you can come back and stay with us in the future.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Public muliti story car park on the opposite side of the road so if your driving, this is the place to stay. It's 14 dollars for 24hr parking

Thanks for your review! We are so happy to hear our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. Also thank you for sharing your parking tips. We are sure future guests will find this information very helpful. Come back and stay with us soon!

Perfect location, excellent staff and very clean!

Thanks for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful location and that our staff was friendly and helpful. I will make sure I notify our staff about your great comment. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

The room and the restroom were very warm so it was hard to take a rest and put on an makeup. The light of the room was not that bright. The breakfast was not satisfying.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in our rooms or facilities. It tends to get really hot since its summer time. We are very sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast. Also we as for the lights in the room we will notify this to our maintenance supervisor so this can be fixed right away. We hope you can give us another chance to stay with us soon.

Great location, rooms can get hot in peak of summer but the fans really helped.

Thanks for your review. Yes, unfortunately during the summer time our rooms tend to get really hot. We are glad to hear the Fans helped to cool you down. Come back and stay with us soon!

This was my first hosteo experience ever. Staying at this hostel has forever changed my opinion on hostels. Loved it!! Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!

• 17th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review. Wow! We are so happy to hear that your first hostel experience turned out to be a great and the best part is that it came from us! We hope that your experience will allow you to come back and stay with us soon!

Pros Location excellent, very clean, staff approachable and friendly (with a smile) and the breakfast was good. I would of liked to have had access to boiling water for tea etc through the day and evening. Cons The room was a too hot, atmosphere a little boring and the internet was way to slow for me to read my emails etc I was relying on the internet to be working to let my family know I arrived safe to Los Angeles. The prices are too expensive for a hostel. Regards, Leon

• 17th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review. We would like to apologize for not being able to enjoy our complementary coffee and tea. We will bring this to our staff's attention so that we are able to provide coffee and tea at all times. Also our WiFi was not working properly but you'd be happy to know that this problem has been fixed. Unfortunately our rooms tend to get very hot during the summer time and for now we are providing fans. Hopefully this response will allow you to give us another chance to stay with us

By the beach. Definitely worth staying here for at least a night if you are on an adventure around LA. Definitely overpriced. They charge you extra when you arrive. It's in the small print so they aren't doing anything wrong legally but travellers are usually on a tight budget so it would be nice to be upfront about costs. The wifi doesn't work. The staff will tell you it's your device. Go to the Coffee Bean on the street corner if you do need wifi. Great walking tour provided.

A bit expensive but very well placed.

Thanks for your review. We strive to give our guests the best affordable and comfortable stay with an unbeatable location. Because of our summer season our rates tend to get high depending on our availability. We would suggest booking ahead of time and perhaps you will get a lower rate. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

Excelent location, 1 block from the beach and near to the 3rd street Promenade, where you can find all types of shops. If you stay there, you don't need a car to enjoy Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach. Sometimes, especially in the morning, the toillets were not that clean...

I stayed for 2 nights. One in 10 females dorm and the other night in 6 females dorm. The both rooms didn't feel small and in fact it was comfortable enough. After 10 pm,they have a policy that you have to try to be quiet for other guests. The place at night was quieter than any other hostels I have stayed before. The staff members at the front desk were always nice and kind. Bathroom cleanliness could be improved,but you get what you paid for. The location is awesome.

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us. We would like to start by letting you know that we will notify our Housekeeping supervisor about what improvements can be made to maintain cleanliness in our bathrooms at all times. Also we are glad to hear our Front desk staff was nice to you during your stay. We always try our best to give our guests a nice comfortable stay and we are glad you were able to enjoy it. Come back and stay with us soon!

Wifi is really bad

Thanks for your review. Our WiFi was not working properly before but you'd be happy to know that this problem has been fixed. Now our guests are able to enjoy our WiFi hassle free!

HI hostels are a good. The staff were helpful and kind. The location was perfect for me as I wanted to stay in a more beach like environment. Venice beach and the most popular Santa Monica pier are right next to the hostel And if you want to travel further the blue bus line stops a block away. The only problems were the one of the Landry dryers didn't work properly and I wasted two loads($2.00) and the sheets had stains that looked like blood spots but stain on sheets are expected at hostel

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the issues you had with your stay. You can always notify our front desk staff about changing your sheets and they are able to contact housekeeping to switch your sheets for you. As for the dryers in our laundry room, did you happen to notify our front desk about this. We will notify our Maintenance department about the dryers not working so that we make sure all the dryers are working properly.

The ladies bathroom on 3rd floor had blocked toilets for 24 hours. The stench was so bad couldn't use it. Beds are comfortable. Large lockers provided.

Thanks for your review. We will notify our housekeeping and maintenance supervisors about the blocked out toilets in the 3rd floor. Usually we have a housekeeping staff on site that can take care of this issue.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5