HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

1946 Total Reviews

great breakfast, - room was extremely hot at night and the one working air conditioning only cooled one or two beds.

A nice place close to the beach but as all the HI hostels, it's not the best place for partying and drinking. Still, the place was clean and I enjoyed my stay there.

Great atmosphere, lots of facilities in a great condition, 5 mins away from the beach and center of Santa Monica.

The key was not working from the first time I got my dorm room but there's no staff taking care of my situation. They just kept saying "wait". So what happened is that only I was sleeping in the room n I coudln't notice someone's knocking on the door. Bcz of that my other roomies (3persons) couldn't get in the room for over 2 hrs....

• 28th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

More protein in the breakfast?

• 27th Jun 2014
  • China

Possibly the best hostel in the World!! Period.

• 27th Jun 2014

This hostel was good. Great location, big hostel, breakfast provided, and good value for money.

I had a great time in Santa Monica and the hostel was definitely responsable for that. The location is noble. The best location I ever had in 20 hostels in all over the world. But the hostel must to fix the water temperature, that was completely crazy and make better informations about distances to LA. I lost my train in Union Staion because the desk said that it was 1 hour from santa Monica. I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes. In spite of that I intend to come back again to this Hostel.

Awesome location, the rooms and bathrooms at the hostel are also super clean. Free breakfast and whatnot in the morning was also a plus. The only downside would have to be how nobody talks to each other in this hostel! I really think there should be more of a social focus because apart from a few of the people in my room I got to know nobody.

• 21st Jun 2014

This hostel could be really cool if it wasn't alcohol free.

This hostel is fantastic! Great location, everyone is really nice, wifi works well. Only downside is that the bathrooms are very stuffy and 1 of the 4 showers was out of order for my entire stay... and that it is so expensive!

I loved the water bottle filler! Haven't seen that anywhere but it's so convenient and green :)

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

staff were absolutely terrible, inattentive rude and aloof. the only atmosphere to speak of was the loud dingles out the front, no fun to be had anywhere else. never paid this much for a dorm bed, never again

Great location. The staff are okay. Not the friendliest or most enthusiastic people ever but that's fine. The only thing I really disliked was that the key I received to get into my room did not work. I had to carry all my luggage up and down the stairs 2 or 3 times to keep going down to fix my key so I could get into the room. The staff gave me attitude which I did not appreciate. Don't they understand the whole reason fokes pay for the hostel is to have access to the room?

I loved the area and the employees were AWESOME. Super friendly and just cool. I liked the hostel a lot. I would go there always again.

• 14th Jun 2014

They where great hosts. Can't ask for more. JD parked his car in a free parking spot to save it for our car. My girlfriend and I where only staying one night but they offered us all their facilities, cereal, juice etc. Can't ask for much more.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

I was satisfied from this hostel overall, but I think that the hostel's staffs weren't good. They had unconcerned me sometimes when I had check-in from the hostel. That is, when I couldn't the check-in for the hostel before 2 A.M, I wanted to keep my luggage at that time. And then, they seemed to be unconcerned me. Anyway location was very great by locating the nearby Santa Monica Beach.

I liked it and would stay there again

The best kept secret to see Santa Monica, California! I'm hoping to fly back for Christmas! Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Showers, bunks, rooms and interior design spacious and jazzy reflecting the international guests who travel there. There sun and air are so wonderful! I slept like a baby. First time in my life slept so soundly I was snoring. Lol. No car necessary walking everywhere and buses run every 15 minutes! Paradise, paradise and beaches! You will experience heaven! Blessings!

• 6th Jun 2014

I was frustrated by the shower, which was only on-off with no adjustment for temperature, and it went from freezing cold to burning hot on a whim. The beds were uncomfortable and I did not sleep well, also partly from noise. All in all, I would not return to this hostel, but I am not against hostels in general.

• 5th Jun 2014