HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

I had so much fun

• 30th Apr 2015

Great place and the free breakfast was awesome!

This was my first stay in this hostel and it was by far the best buy in town. The staff were terrific, everything was immaculate, the facilities were very comfortable and inviting and the location was perfect. Great job to all the staff and thanks for a very nice stay!

• 27th Apr 2015

They tell you price would be 42$ in fact it appears become 50$. You stay in a room with 8-10 people. Water in a shower is warm, but not enough. Especially when i arrived it wasnt so hot outside and i wantted to warm up my body in a nice hot shawer and i couldn't do that!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Russia

We're sorry about the misunderstanding regarding our prices, the online advertisements quote them without ca room and board tax which is 14%. We're also sorry that you experienced some issues with our showers and we want you to know that we're working on fixing that problem. We hope to see you again in the future.

It's a nice location with only one corner from the beach.The stuff was nice and helpfull but unfortunately they don't have maps of LA or recommedations for sight seeing.The rooms are clean and include lockers.the breakfast is basic with toast, jam, cereals and coffee.as a whole: a good place to stay

• 25th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel. Probably the best hostel I was staying in California. Great location and pleasant atmosphere.

Everything was perfect, except for the wifi. There should be more fun!

Rate it highly, real clean, staff are sweet. Feels real safe

Enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Was planning to have a quiet night for my one night stopover in LA anyway so didn't mind that the hostel was a "non-party" hostel but this might have bothered me if I was looking to meet people and have a fun night out.

What an incredible place, and incredible people who work there, and stay there! The hostel is very modern, clean, and really quite fancy for a hostel! It was probably the most luxurious hostel I've ever stayed at, with large lounges to work, and a huge kitchen and eating area. Also, a nice courtyard to work outside! The rooms were immaculate, and they even make the beds and strip the linen for you, unusual for a hostel. They even have towels! Staff is super-friendly, helpful + professional!

• 4th Apr 2015

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We hope you were able to enjoy one of our pub crawls or museum trips. The water is starting to warm up, come back and see us this summer!

Pretty nice place to stay a couple of nights, but don't expect to make friends there. Most people just keep to themselves, even in the shared rooms, so...

• 3rd Apr 2015

everything was OK

• 27th Mar 2015

Best hostel experience ever!!!!! amazing breakfast! nice staff! clean! location ! perfect!

We're very happy you had a great experience with us, thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! Come back and see us again soon!

Excellent location, very close to the beach and the 3rd street promenade! The hostel offers different activities to help guests get to know LA and make new friends. There are evenings when you can have dinner at the hostel, the food is good and cheap. I loved the pub crawl, it´s free and they take you to 3 or 4 different pubs and clubs near the hostel. Room and bathroom clean and comfortable, hair dryer and bath soap available. Breakfast is good too. Elevator in the lobby. Good value for money.

I had a wonderful stay at the Santa Monica Hostel. I stayed for four nights and wouldn't have chosen anywhere else to stay. It's a short walk (5 minutes) to the beach, and just a block away from the third street promenade! Lots of places to eat nearby as well. the helpful and friendly staff, group activities, and free breakfast were wonderful as well. Thank you so much for giving me such an amazing experience!

• 24th Mar 2015

Thank you so much for writing us a wonderful review! Please come and stay with us again the next time you're in Los Angeles, we'd love to have you!

The weirdest hostel I have ever stayed at ! People don't talk to each other quite atmosphere feels more like a hospital then hostel quite hours starts from 10 pm ! What?! Really ?! Wouldn't recommend it if you travelling alone !

Excellent location right near Santa Monica pier/Third Street Promenade. Staying in Santa Monica is way better then staying in Hollywood/Downtown as the atmosphere is nicer. Staff were very helpful with providing directions and also provided bolt cutters for a padlock incident. Hostel organised a hike to Temescal Canyon on a Sunday which was amazing! They had great volunteers and it was all made super easy. Rooms were clean but a little hot. Just a fan in rooms, not air conditioning.

Awesome weather, beautiful beaches, and great food definitely help make the atmosphere nicer! The hike really is amazing, we're happy to hear that you loved it! We'd like you to know that we have several remodels under way that are going to open many spaces in the hostel and improve ventilation in the rooms. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review an please come and see us again the next time you're in LA!

I had a great experience. Location was perfect, it was easy to walk to the beach, and the 3rd Street Promenade is a minute walk away from the hostel - tons of restaurants and shops! The staff was very helpful when giving advice about the buses in LA to get to Hollywood. The breakfast was a nice bonus! The lockers were also an excellent size to fit everything I had with me.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thanks for the feedback! Navigating public transportation can be quite the task in LA, we try to help out every guest as much as possible and get everyone to where they want to go! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed having breakfast with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Generally a good hostel with friendly staff, however would be even better if the staff we're a bit more informed about local activities, events etc.

As we move out of the cold months into the warmer season, local activities, especially outdoor events and their schedules change drastically every year. We're sorry that our front desk staff couldn't give you more informed answers, we hope that you'll give us another chance and spend a few beautiful days with us this Summer!

I only spent one night at this Hostel but it was in an excellent spot not too far from anything! And super close to 3rd street promenade and santa monica place. The only complain was that I booked a 6BDRM dorm with ensuite but was put in a 4BDRM dorm with a shared bathroom. But like I said it was only 1 night so i didn't make a fuss. They had a comfy place to sleep at a great location with good WiFi :)

• 12th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

We're sorry to hear that there was a mix up with your room arrangement, however we are happy to hear that you were able to get a good nights sleep despite the mistake on our end. We hope that you'll come and stay with us again so that we can not only get you in the right room, but show you a great time as well! Thank you for the feedback and safe travels!