HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Great hostel. They've thought of everything. Big rooms good beds and a top location.

I think this hostel is the best one I have ever stayed. The location is good, safe, and walk around to see seaside is just about a minute. They have enough vending machines for me who is really a lazy person to buy instant noodle and other stuff easily. Compare to the Hollywood hostel , I prefer this one because the facility is also better and there is bigger space for people to relax. I will definitely come back if I visit LA again.

It's a good Hostel, a good chain (HI). You can have some troubles in the summer, cause is to HOT there e dont have air cond., have a LOT of people that can enter on the hostel WITHOUT pay for it, a lot of people sleep on the ground of the dorm. Had a good staff, a good atmosphere. The most strange thing was the hostel was hot like hell and when I tried took a shower just had a hot shower.. amazing..

This place is awesome. I've stayed here on several occasions and the staff is super friendly and welcoming. Taylor caught me having a meltdown and was just the sweetest helping me calm down and getting me a great room. They work really hard to make this a great hostel and it shows. It's super safe, there's a mutual respect among the travellers. In the LA area, there is no question that this is the best place to stay.

All in all a quite good hostel. I was in a 6-bed-dorm which offered quite a lot of space. Unfortunarely the beds were quite short (with 1.83m I am not a giant). There was no airconditioning in the rooms, it was really hot (the fan only made a lot of noise but did not really cool down). Nights are quite boring at that hostel - people communicate with their iPads and smartphones but not to each other. Alcoholic drinks are not allowed, not even beer...

Amazing location

Great location (10 min from the Santa Monica pier, and the third street promenade), free breakfast, wi-fi is working really well, but 10 beds in a room is getting really hot at night, not enough activities to meet people and no alcohols is allow in the hostel.

best hostel in santa monica

1 2 3 4 Next » last »