HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

No complaints. This hostel has good tourist info and activities that make navigating LA more bearable. Santa Monica Pier and Beach is a quick walk and you're practically in the Third St. Promenade for all the shopping. Lots of street musicians. 30 min jog to Venice Beach. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 9th Oct 2014

Air conditioning would be good

Specialized for Santamonica!

Santa Monica was a great area to visit and Hostelling International in Santa Monica was a great place to stay in. I enjoyed the pasta night and the pub crawl they had on offer at the hostel. I wish I had stayed at this hostel when I visited Los Angeles in October 2008 but fortunately fulfilled my promise to myself of staying here if I returned to Los Angeles. I would definitely stay at this hostel if I returned to Los Angeles again.

I thought the hostel atmosphere, facilities, location, cleanliness, how modern it looked were all amazing! They had so many added extras that made the stay so much nicer too. the only improvement i would make would be to the mattresses, im quite a small person and every time i lay down i could feel the bed frame underneath me it was so thin. I dont think it was every bed though, and it definitely wouldnt put me oglff from staying here again.

Great hostel even if it is a little expensive. The location is fantastic, staff very kind and helpful. Beds are comfortable and my roommates were great too. Very respectful and quiet! We were lucky to be at the end if the corridor so no one walked past our room in the night, so peaceful sleeps for the whole stay! Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 30th Sep 2014

Extremely overpriced and absolutely no atmosphere. Wouldn't stay here unless you are in a group before you arrive.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »