HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

1968 Total Reviews

If you wanna stay at quiet and clean place, I really recommend this hostel. Location is perfect close to the beach and shopping area.

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Only stayed for 1 night so didn't get to really experience the hostel. Was a great location in Santa Monica, rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Showers were 'too hot' on our floor so had to shower on the floor below. Slight inconvenience but not the end of the world. Would stay again if I was in LA

Great location if you like shopping and the beach. Very expensive, but very safe area. Staff were good but not very helpful.

• 18th Jan 2014

I really liked this hostel, although I stayed there only one night. If only I had more time! It's in great location. Close to the beach and shopping area and so on. The staff was really nice and helpful. They tried to help me with problems, even though it's not related to the hostel. It was really helpful! There are a lot of activities going on all the time. So you can join them and enjoy!

Location was AWESOME! Hostel was clean and staff was always available to help. Had a blast on the Pub Crawl and you just can't beat the location. I highly recommend.

I love this place, i would recommend it to anyone. Except, breakfast are not included much of the varieties beside bread.

Great hostel with awesome people. The location is perfect and you can reach everything within 10minutes walking distance. The hostel just had some serious water problems during my stay, water did not work showers too hot or too cold… but i think thats fixed now =) All in all my stay was great and I really enjoyed my time

• 2nd Jan 2014

You will love it if you like stay near beach.. Had great time staying there..

• 29th Dec 2013
  • India

Just perfect

Really good.

nice hostel in a good neigbourhood/in the city centre of Santa Monica. hosts all kind of people/ages. felt very welcome !

Fabulous location. The breakfast was extremely poor and there is not much choice however, there are lots of places to eat nearby. Clean rooms and bathrooms with towels and hairdryers provided. Would definitely stay again.

The staff is extremely friendly, professional and efficient. Breakfast is always ready promptly at 7:30 and the coffee pots always full with fresh brew. And by staff I surely don't only mean the front desk, but rather even the cleaning and kitchen staff are always smiling and keeping everything in good order. This is absolutely the finest hostel for miles and/or kilometers around! Oh, and I just love the events such as the pub crawl, comedy shows and more!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

This hostel has loads of facilities like laundry room, TV room, big kitchen, dining room. A home away from home. Nice breakfast. Quiet areas if you need them. It was almost too big in that it felt more like a hotel. Bad points are the communal showers and toilets had little privacy. Another bad thing is the male only dorms. Where's the fun in that? Santa Monica is OK, especially if you like Yoga, apparently. Nice cinema.

Best location in Santa Monica, but they keep cancelling tours from hostel such as tour to Getty Centre, so that I needed to go there by myelf, but that was still a good experience for me!!!

I used to choose hostel international, but honestly it was the worst hostel ever! I felt really not safe and it was noisy with all big trucks next to the window at 6.30am! They put a boy in our room, I was surprise to find him when I woke up..I was in another hostel in Hollywood downtown, was cheaper and really better!

The showers should be improved

It's slower in winter than in summer, but the space is nice and the location is amazing. Wish there were a few more casual in house activities -- fooseball table, soft dart board, a few weights or some such thing -- the library is nice and the lounges well styled, but there was a lack of things to do inside. The big TV in the 2nd floor hall always seemed set on something pretty silly, and people were sitting in front of it but not actually watching (set a time for an evening movie maybe?)

• 24th Nov 2013

Best experience ever!!

A great hostel, located very close to Santa Monica beach, and in the heart of the Santa Monica business district. Lots of restaurants close-by and a really good atmosphere going on in the hostel itself. Good breakfast. Only downfall is having to pay for storage on departure day - not cool when you've paid for a night's accommodation.