HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Quite expensive for these mattress At the second day they implemented a new breakfast policy which is ridiculous and doesn't reflect the price - you feel like a prisoner Building is nice and most of the equipment Room service should have separate laundry machine - had discussions about how many machines are currently in use by other guests

Todo el personal es muy amable y muy bien predispuestos , la mayoría habla español que eso es muy bueno

• 14th May 2015
  • Argentina

was want to get a orange juice but the machine go to take the energy drink, I don't know what's going on. and shower is not so hot. but cleanliness is really good.

• 14th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff at the front desk were very nice, but not very helpful with info. Breakfast was excellent.

非常不错,就是觉得贵了点,一天要五十多美金,可能是因为地段好吧

Perfect location, just 2 blocks drom the beach and third street. The hostel is not à party hostel but there are many nice bars around it. I would advice people to join the free tours. They aren't that great but you will meet people! Tip 2; check out 'the bungalow'! Real nice bar close to the hostel. À little pricy but worth it!

• 7th May 2015

I really liked the activities planned during the evenings. Your location is perfect. Thanks!

• 5th May 2015

This is a huge hostel in an busy downtown location. The prices change depending on demand. My first night was $48 in a 6-bed and it changed to as much as $68 per night in the same room. The 6 bed rooms are nice. They have a sink and a mirror. The 8 beds however were too crowded for my preference. I wished there were surge protectors in the lockers so we could charge our devices for a few hours when we're not in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Excellent hostel. Very modern and clean, massive big dorm rooms with en suite toilet and showerroom. Huge kitchen downstairs and lots of lounge space. Amazing location, 2 mins walk away from the beach and Santa Monica pier, and 2 mins walk from the shopping district. Hostel offers nightly entertainment which is always good value and a great way to meet people. Would def recommend it!

Excellent location in Santa Monica. Great free breakfast ( juice, coffee, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels) and free coffee throughout the day. Lots of areas to go and sit. Dorms are quite spacey with big lockers. Beds have individual lights. Not much atmosphere in the hostel but friendly enough. Definitely not a party place which was fine for me. Enjoyed my stay. Just a bit expensive

The excellent location and facilities definitely live up to what I've come to expect from HI locations. I felt the cost ($45/night) was a bit steep for a dormitory room, but if you're planning on spending most of your time in Santa Monica, it's probably worth it. If you're more interested in visiting other parts of LA, you may want to consider staying nearer, as LA's public transit is not great. If you have a car, there is a ton of cheap, 24/7 lots in SM (Civic Center Garage is $5/day nearby).

I had a good time there. it was very clean and even if there were 10 beds in the dorms they were confortable arranged. There is a nice patio in the middle and a big kitchen and dinning room. I really recommend this place.

Accommodation in LA is expensive. What you are paying for here is an exceptional location. The dorms and bathrooms are adequate, the breakfast is great, the activities are expensive, the common areas are nicely appointed but largely unwelcoming and there is no temperature control in either the rooms or the showers. This hostel is somewhere between a b and b and a youth hostel, and be aware - there is a no alcohol policy!

I had so much fun

• 30th Apr 2015

Great place and the free breakfast was awesome!

This was my first stay in this hostel and it was by far the best buy in town. The staff were terrific, everything was immaculate, the facilities were very comfortable and inviting and the location was perfect. Great job to all the staff and thanks for a very nice stay!

• 27th Apr 2015

The location of this hostel is just fantastic. If your plan is to hang out on Santa Monica Beach then this is the place to stay. If you're more interested in Venice then the hostel offers to rent you bikes.

They tell you price would be 42$ in fact it appears become 50$. You stay in a room with 8-10 people. Water in a shower is warm, but not enough. Especially when i arrived it wasnt so hot outside and i wantted to warm up my body in a nice hot shawer and i couldn't do that!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Russia

We're sorry about the misunderstanding regarding our prices, the online advertisements quote them without ca room and board tax which is 14%. We're also sorry that you experienced some issues with our showers and we want you to know that we're working on fixing that problem. We hope to see you again in the future.

It's a nice location with only one corner from the beach.The stuff was nice and helpfull but unfortunately they don't have maps of LA or recommedations for sight seeing.The rooms are clean and include lockers.the breakfast is basic with toast, jam, cereals and coffee.as a whole: a good place to stay

• 25th Apr 2015

Muy feliz! me encantó la ubicación, llegue en colectivo desde el aeropuerto me estaban esperando! muy limpio. MUY RECOMENDADO

• 24th Apr 2015