HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

Great location close to the beach! I was on the 4th floor and it was miserable hot up there. They had multiple fans in the room but it didn't help very much. It was difficult to sleep because it was so hot in the room. Other than that, great hostel. Would definitely recommend it.

Great location, a short walk to the pier and a few streets down from the main shopping area.

• 29th Jun 2015

ベットのいらない3歳の子供も大人料金だという事で思いのほか高くついてしまった。 支払った料金なら五つ星のホテルに泊まれた。

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Will be staying once a week on business, and I could't be happier with choosing HI.

• 23rd Jun 2015

In my opinion really good. Good location and all that but still really expensive for a Hostel.

Staff was nice and helpful. Pretty good selection of events and entertainment. Location is very good - a few blocks to the beach, and in the middle of Santa Monica shops and restos. Downside to the central location is the noise. May depend on which side of the building you're on. Nice facilities, but not a ton of character -- a little sterile. Dorms were good, clean, nice lockers, bedside light and plugs. Bathroom facilities good and not crowded at all. Bike room was a nice bonus!

Homeless people around, The room had bad smell (Due to people staying in the same room). Hostels in LA in general are somehow expensive.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Egypt

Really nice. Friendly staff

• 18th Jun 2015

Room and bathroom Very clean. A little expensive, but the hostel is a corner away from Santa Monica beach and pier. Staff very nice and helpful. Good spot if you want to shop too!

Very poor value for money. On arrival the staff were not very helpful. For the money I would have expected a better breakfast where we were not limited to 2 food items and I would also expect that the majority of the poor selection of breakfast items would not run out prior to breakfast ending (this happened on 2 of the 3 days we stayed). The showers whilst relatively clean practical. Water went everywhere outside of the cubical and there was no private dry space to dress other than the toilet

• 4th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review. We apologize if we didn't meet your expectations for your stay. Our breakfast is no longer limited to 2 items so now we have plenty of food for our guests to have. As for the showers we will bring this to our maintenance departments attention so they can take care of this issue. We hope you can give us another chance to stay with us so we can make it up to you.

Väldigt nöjd. Bland de bästa hostellet jag varit på. Perfekt plats, säkert område och rena lokaler. Perfekt för backpackers eller ungdomar som ej vill spendera 100 dollar natten på hotel.

Amazing location and friendly staff. Easy to get to the other locations in la because of easy public transportation. I definitely recommend this accommodation though the price is not cheap.

Thanks for your review. Our rates change based on our availability. We suggest booking ahead of time that way you can get a lower rate. We are happy you enjoyed our beautiful location. We're also glad our staff was friendly during your stay. Hope you can come back and visit us soon!

A fantastic hostel. The location is literally perfect! LA is so big that is almost impossible to stay in just one area of the city and still get to experience the city life/hills and tourism/the beaches and piers etc. so this hostel is perfect for those wanting to visit the beaches and famous pier. The neighbourhood is safe and secure and much classier than Hollywood Blvd hostels. Great staff, clean rooms, easy access to transit. 5 STAR! Definitely would recommend if visiting Santa Monica/LA!!!

Expensive have to pay extra $3 a night if your not a HI member so bear this in mind, noisy if your next to the street.

Thanks for your review. If you are planning on traveling to other HI hostels, it may save you some money to buy an annual membership. Once you have your membership card, you won't have to pay the $3 non member fee. It does get a llittle noisy because of our location in the heart of everything. You can pick up some ear plugs at the front desk to ease this annoyance.

Most of things are good. But What I am disappointed about is washroom. It was so small and kind of dirty. Maybe it was just old. Anyway I advice you that you renovate the washroom to make it bigger.

I stayed here just for one night since I was doing a roadtrip but I liked it a lt, it was clea and the atmosphere was nice. The wifi worked everywhere and I liked the plugs in the room even for the upper beds! The breakfast was also very nice.

Big hostel that was very clean!!

A bit noisy with windows open, great location though, good breakfast.

Thanks for your review. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast and our fantastic location. We apologize for the noise outside your room. It can get loud since we are located in a busy street. You can ask the front desk for earplugs to cut out the some of the noise from outside.

Nice, clean hostel. Community restrooms don't allow much privacy, but we're always clean. Large lockers for storage are a plus. The only issue I had was the housekeeper coming in to vacuum while I was asleep at 9am. I understand that quiet time is over at 8 but I thought she could have been a bit more tactful.

Bei dem Frühstück wäre es nett gewesen anstatt der abgepackten muffins zB Bagel anzubieten die man toasten kann.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5