HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Santa Monica, USA

2019 Total Reviews

Very helpful staff, great location and perfect alternative to staying in downtown LA. The breakfast was great and there are plenty of cool spaces to relax. Would highly recommend.

Had a very goos stay here, unfortunally there is no really feeling because the hostel is too big for that

water in bathroom isn't warm.it's very cold when I took shower!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The charge for computer use is incredulous, as is making your wonderful staff stand all day (it's a hostel they should look comfortable and friendly, standing is stupid, it's not meant to be a formal uptight occasion)

The front desk staff was excellent. I wish you would extend the stay for three weeks. You are the best hostile in town. God Bless!!!

Great hostel. Best kitchen in a hostel ever, they have cheap food nights with BBQ, pizza and pasta. Loved the chill out area out the back. On the expensive side but you get what you pay for

No complaints. This hostel has good tourist info and activities that make navigating LA more bearable. Santa Monica Pier and Beach is a quick walk and you're practically in the Third St. Promenade for all the shopping. Lots of street musicians. 30 min jog to Venice Beach. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 9th Oct 2014

Air conditioning would be good

Specialized for Santamonica!

Santa Monica was a great area to visit and Hostelling International in Santa Monica was a great place to stay in. I enjoyed the pasta night and the pub crawl they had on offer at the hostel. I wish I had stayed at this hostel when I visited Los Angeles in October 2008 but fortunately fulfilled my promise to myself of staying here if I returned to Los Angeles. I would definitely stay at this hostel if I returned to Los Angeles again.

I thought the hostel atmosphere, facilities, location, cleanliness, how modern it looked were all amazing! They had so many added extras that made the stay so much nicer too. the only improvement i would make would be to the mattresses, im quite a small person and every time i lay down i could feel the bed frame underneath me it was so thin. I dont think it was every bed though, and it definitely wouldnt put me oglff from staying here again.

Great hostel even if it is a little expensive. The location is fantastic, staff very kind and helpful. Beds are comfortable and my roommates were great too. Very respectful and quiet! We were lucky to be at the end if the corridor so no one walked past our room in the night, so peaceful sleeps for the whole stay! Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 30th Sep 2014

Extremely overpriced and absolutely no atmosphere. Wouldn't stay here unless you are in a group before you arrive.

This is an amazing hostel located in the heart of the city, just 1 or two minutes walk from 3rd street shopping and the same from the beach front. The hostel was very friendly with great common areas to meet other travellers, would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Santa Monica!

No aircon in the rooms so it gets EXTREMELY hot at night, and the WiFi is pretty poor, but other than that, the location is amazing, you can lock all your valuables away in a locker using your own lock for added security! The staff were friendly but they didn't give me any information on where breakfast was held or about using the key cards, and for my first time in a hostel I was pretty confused until I manged to figure it out myself!

• 28th Sep 2014

Wish hostel had smaller rooms and/or privacy curtains around beds. One girl was sick and was always in bed. She kept closing the windows ( I kept opening them). Sick people really should stay in a hotel or private room.

The frozen mini bagels served during breakfast were kind of awkward to cut in half and toast; and they seem almost purposefully made to easily get stuck inside machines. Where's the regular bread? Also, there was no hot water to take a shower with at all on Friday night to Saturday morning. Come on and step up your game you $50/night hostel!! Otherwise, everything else was as good as expected.

This is an okay hostel, I just don't think the value for money is good. I payed over 50 dollars for one night (in an 8-bed-dorm), had to pay extra for storing my bag on the day I checked out, and I couldn't even use a computer for free. Also my towel and linen had stains on them and sleeping on that matress felt like lying in a halfpipe.

Great hostel. They've thought of everything. Big rooms good beds and a top location.

I think this hostel is the best one I have ever stayed. The location is good, safe, and walk around to see seaside is just about a minute. They have enough vending machines for me who is really a lazy person to buy instant noodle and other stuff easily. Compare to the Hollywood hostel , I prefer this one because the facility is also better and there is bigger space for people to relax. I will definitely come back if I visit LA again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5