HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Santa Monica, USA

2041 Total Reviews

The Hostel team is very helpful. Location is excellent! But, at the Hostel's bathroom was a huge cockroach.

I could not sleep well because of someone's or something's making noise.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Japan

The place has a friendly, helpful bunch of staff.

Very clean, comfortable hostel in the perfect location only a block from the beach. Close to restaurants and all Santa Monica tourist activities. Facilities were great. I was hoping to participate in some hostel activities but seemed most were getting canceled, I think because there weren't many people around. A bit of a loud area with construction on the street outside but we were warned of this and I'm sure at a normal time that this isn't a problem. Overall it was a great hostel!

Such a shame that you can't drink alcohol in the hostel... Would be way better if you could!! Other than that everything was GREAT and the staff were all so helpful :)

• 4th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

The breakfasts were full of sugar... too much in my opinion, and not enough selection of cereals (I hate cornflakes). Otherwise it was a really great experience.

• 2nd Nov 2014

One of the best and cleanest places to stay in the area, and very convenient to the beach.

Very helpful staff, great location and perfect alternative to staying in downtown LA. The breakfast was great and there are plenty of cool spaces to relax. Would highly recommend.

Very well located, it's at the heart of San Monica and very close to the beach! The facilities are very nice and clean. The rooms are okay.

What a great location. 2 blocks from the beach. Can't beat the price of you are ok with staying in a hostile. Met all kinds of people from literally around the world.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Had a very goos stay here, unfortunally there is no really feeling because the hostel is too big for that

The bathroom smelled like pee. That was the only downside.

• 20th Oct 2014

water in bathroom isn't warm.it's very cold when I took shower!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The charge for computer use is incredulous, as is making your wonderful staff stand all day (it's a hostel they should look comfortable and friendly, standing is stupid, it's not meant to be a formal uptight occasion)

The front desk staff was excellent. I wish you would extend the stay for three weeks. You are the best hostile in town. God Bless!!!

Great hostel. Best kitchen in a hostel ever, they have cheap food nights with BBQ, pizza and pasta. Loved the chill out area out the back. On the expensive side but you get what you pay for

No complaints. This hostel has good tourist info and activities that make navigating LA more bearable. Santa Monica Pier and Beach is a quick walk and you're practically in the Third St. Promenade for all the shopping. Lots of street musicians. 30 min jog to Venice Beach. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 9th Oct 2014

Air conditioning would be good

Specialized for Santamonica!

Santa Monica was a great area to visit and Hostelling International in Santa Monica was a great place to stay in. I enjoyed the pasta night and the pub crawl they had on offer at the hostel. I wish I had stayed at this hostel when I visited Los Angeles in October 2008 but fortunately fulfilled my promise to myself of staying here if I returned to Los Angeles. I would definitely stay at this hostel if I returned to Los Angeles again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5