HI - Los Angeles - Santa Monica Hostel Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Santa Monica, USA

2069 Total Reviews

Great location, helpful staff, clean and comfortable.

Location, Staff, Beds, and Facilities were amazing!

Good location. Very nice hostel. Something on every night.

The showers were cold on two of the three floors. But as California is on a bad drought, I guess it was better for everyone and not really bothering considering how hot it was! Apart from that and the price per night that was maybe a bit high (38 euros) this place is JUST AWESOME! Such good vibes, super movie room, super reading room, super common room, great kitchen, awesome patio, very friendly staff, so many things organized every day that you couldn't be bored... I recommend this place!

The shower water system was changing when I was there.... So the water was not stable all the time.... And the key card didn't work out couple of times.... I had to go to the counter redo it. I don't know if there has stuff to clean up the fridge. It looks really a mess and packed all the time. The value of this hostel I think is the great location. Ten minutes walk to the beach and two mins walk to the downtown area....

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

We had cockroches in our room!!!!

Fantastic location and lots of free or cheap tours offered out of the hostel. Breakfast and dinners I had were good as well. The room was very hot with only a fan and no air conditioning, and the 3rd and 4th floors did not have any hot water in the showers.

Thank you for your comments. We had a major plumbing problem during your stay and had to order some parts but the showers are working properly now....yay!

Terrific central location.Close to the beach, boardwalk, restaurants and shops.Parking is only 14 dollars a day across the street. A bit hot at night, but otherwise a terrific place w knowledgeable staff.

A very good hostel in a great location. Great facilities, tidy and clean. verall staff pretty helpful.O

The showers where very hot, but other than that it was a good place to stay.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Norway

I was there for 5 days with a friend and we very much enjoyed our stay at H.I Santa Monica. The Staff was always helpful, breakfast was good and the place was clean. The only bad thing I have to say is that showers was sometimes freezing cold or burning hot and there's no way of adjusting it yourself. It's located 10min from the beach and one block from all the shops on the Promenade and many buses run to Downtown LA so it's a very good hostel if you're here to visit but also relax!

• 16th Jul 2014

Great location, good facilities, and great atmosphere. Washing room not the cleanest, and can be quite hot without aircon.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The people were amazing, lounge areas huge and nice, but showers were either hot or cold, and no A/C on the 4th floor was iiiinteresting. But I would def. come back again if for anything THE LOCATION!

There was no air conditioning in the room, and with eight people in one room it gets pretty hot. Couldn't sleep at all, and that kind of ruind my trip there..

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Excellent hostel. Even in a large dorm I got good sleep. Went for a swim first thing in the sea as it's a 5-10 minute walk. Really cool hostel

The only small complaint that I have is that the Quiet Time rule was not followed. We had girls come in at 1 am and turn on lights, talk and pack suit cases.

great breakfast, - room was extremely hot at night and the one working air conditioning only cooled one or two beds.

A nice place close to the beach but as all the HI hostels, it's not the best place for partying and drinking. Still, the place was clean and I enjoyed my stay there.

Great atmosphere, lots of facilities in a great condition, 5 mins away from the beach and center of Santa Monica.

The key was not working from the first time I got my dorm room but there's no staff taking care of my situation. They just kept saying "wait". So what happened is that only I was sleeping in the room n I coudln't notice someone's knocking on the door. Bcz of that my other roomies (3persons) couldn't get in the room for over 2 hrs....

• 28th Jun 2014