HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica

Fabulous 3247 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3247 Total Reviews

18th Jun 2017

A good hostel to see Santa Monica. Near the Metro Rail and an airport bus stop. Free breakfast is ok though I don't get why everything is individually wrapped - even slices of bread! A bit far from Los Angeles' attractions but very near the beach.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2017

Great hostel 5 minutes from the beach. Rooms were clean but a little dated and top bunks can be a little tricky to get up and down. Good breakfast selection, the staff were brilliant and very helpful. 100% would recommend.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

Clean tidy and modern. Quite big so not a great atmosphere. Good location though. Five minutes walk from the beach.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2017

Absolute best place I've stayed in my travels! Great facilities and location but the people I met have become friends I've travelled with across america! Beyond happy with service Cheers guys!

7th Jun 2017
7.7

Overall, pretty good (nice location, nice staff). With taxes, I ended up paying 66$ a night for a 10 bedroom ensuite dormitory which I find crazily expensive for what it is though.

• bensin9106
  • USA, Male, 31-40
2nd Jun 2017
4.9

I was visiting from Florida. My flight got in early and hadn't slept for in 28 hours. My hotel didn't have rooms available. I booked my reservation 10 minutes before i walked though the door so could sleep for a few hours. I was told the room wasn't ready and because of the policy i couldn't get my money back. I could understand if i booked this weeks ahead of time. I was ten minutes before. This is robbery.

2nd Jun 2017

Can't believe it's right next to the pier! Love this hostel.

• England, Female, 25-30
29th May 2017
6.0

I emailed the hostel to cancel with more than 24 hour s in advance. They told me to contact hostel world to let them know. Hostel world then told me to contact the hostel directly. I have now been charged these cancellation fees. Very disappointed

27th May 2017

The hostel is very well located in Santa Monica (could actually not be better) and is easy to reach. Thanks to the comments from the readers I got the tip of parking in the Civic Center lot, which is WAY cheaper than the rest of the lots. For this reason I had to walk a little bit from there but it was totally worth it. The place is fine and should be better after the remodelling (but now its a bit noisy and bathrooms were not too clean). Breakfast was fine and I enjoyed my overall stay here

27th May 2017
5.4

Showers were cold and terrible flow. Soap dispensers empty in the rooms. Beds were terribly uncomfortable. Windows had to be open because it was hot and no A/C - cars and motorcycles very loud on the street. Would never stay here again (nor would I visit LA again, as the people are not friendly anywhere in LA area).