HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica

Fabulous 3138 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
3.4

Save your money! If there is another place to stay, stay there. This hostel has the weirdest vibe. The staff have been poorly trained in routine things such as giving a refund and proper customer service. The bunk beds need every single screw tightened. I could feel the girl below me every time she moved. The rooms are dirty and stink and the carpets are old! There's no security lock on the bathroom. I would never stay here again and checked out early!!

9th Feb 2017

Good hostel, great location in Santa Monica. Santa Monica while far nicer is quite far from Hollywood though so bare that in mind when booking.

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
7th Feb 2017

The location is really good and you have 3rd st with all the shops and 5 minutes to the beach.

4th Feb 2017

Quality facilities. I loved the fireplace. The kitchen was big and good. Location--super close to beach and Santa Monica pier.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

Excellent location, helpful staff, good wifi/kitchen/breakfast. Absolutely terrible showers though!

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
25th Jan 2017

what a great hostel. The free breakfast is really good. Staff really nice.he location is just perfect on 2e street in santa monica. Save area, main street with a lot of shop/ restaurant re Just a min walk,a lot of good an nice restaurant and bars around the hostel. Everything is in walking distance. just 5 min walk to santa monica pier and beach. Metro 5 a 10 min walk. take to blue bus to the LAX airport from santa monica for 1,25 dollar ( 45 min busride)

• Germany, Female, 41+
24th Jan 2017

Definitely recommended! Everything great - outstanding location, beautiful designed common rooms, healthy and plenty breakfast, friendly, funny and helpful staff. Beds and cupboards could be modernized, nevertheless comfortable, clean, secure. Restrooms, as in almost every hostel I have seen, need to be cleaned up more frequently and interior could be adapted to a travelers needs, e.g. broader shelves. Besides that, it is great to have free hairdryers and fresh towels. Great Value for money!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jan 2017

mattresses were ridiculously uncomfortable, had the worst night of sleep in my entire life on them. Also, when I attempted to go to bed at a reasonable time there was excessive noise throughout the hostel, and when I requested for it to be reduced I was shut down. I also noticed a large amount of alcohol being consumed although it is an alcohol-free hostel.

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry you had such trouble sleeping. We do have quiet hours that we try to enforce, though they begin at 10pm. Our staff did do a walk through after your complaint, but was unable to find any excessive noise, so we apologize if it continued afterward. Finally, while we are an alcohol-free facility, it can be difficult for our staff to constantly monitor all of our guests' activities, and sometimes we miss things like this. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will try to be more vigilant in the future. We hope you have a great rest of your trip!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

luggage store should be for free

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

I always stay here when I come to LA. It's clean, has the perfect location, and everyone is friendly. It's not the best hostel for meeting other people, but maybe that's because I've been here at the off travel season. I'll be back for sure though!

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad that you keep coming back and that our quality of service is always high! In the future, try one of our daily hostel events or tours, they are great ways to meet people!! We can't wait to see you next time!