HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

This hostel is awesome! Maybe the best hostel I ever stayed in. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Big kitchen, pool billard, fireplace and lots of chilled areas to hang out. The is close during the day and pub crawl is fun at night.

I stayed just one day at this hostel. Nice one. But it does not have that atmosphere i´ve seen in other. Maybe because it´s too big, seens like a Hotel. I just didn´t like the shower (you can´t control the temperature, and it was quite cold, so i wish the shower were warmer). Considering there isn´t hostels in that region, I recommend this hostel for those who wants to be near the pier and the beach in Santa Monica.

Santa Monica is really beautiful! There's also an amusement park there, just beside the sea!!! The sunshine is amazing, and it's just 3minutes' walk from the hostel! The 10-bed dorm is quiet and the breakfast is quite nutritious hhh The big blue bus is convenient to connect Santa Monica with downtown LA, but remember: never go to downtown when it gets dark.

Location is fantastic for this place and staff is very helpful with questions. Beds are very uncomfortable and rooms were unbearably hot at night, but you get what you pay for. Overall definitely worth the money to stay here. I recommend!

Wifi worked perfectly all through the hostel, the staff were super helpful when asked questions, the place was super clean and in general just an awesome place to stay! Thank you!

Perfect location for Santa Monica. All the standard facilities for your HI hostels. Activities daily. Laundry unavailable at the moment due to refurbishment is the only thing I can fault. Good base for LA

Need to finish the tv room and roof. Good luck with the construction works!

Great. Shame that some facilities were not available due to refurbishments but I don't think it's fair to hold that against an enxcellent Hostel. HI's are some of the best hostels around!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Even though we are going through some renovations once this is completed our hostel will be impeccable! We hope you can come back and visit us soon!

To be fair, the hostel was going through some renovations when I was there, they didn't disturb me but I was very bummed there was no laundry facilities available. This is the only hostel I have ever stayed in where they give you 2 pillows, which was nice. The hostel was good and I would stay again. The shuttle back to the airport is dumb. I booked it, it never showed up, and the hostel did not return my $2 booking fee and called me a taxi. I was not impressed by that.

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately since we are doing renovations we had to close some of our facilities. Once this is completed we will have a brand new laundry facility our guests will be able to use. We are sorry to hear about the issues with our airport shuttle. We will notify these comments to the shuttle company so that this does not happen again. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

The room was stuffy & stinky. The heat was way too high. Good breakfast but the same everyday so by day 4 it's not appealing.

• 5th Jan 2016

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the following issues you had with your stay. Our guests always have the option of switching to another room more to your comfort. Also we will notify your comments to our maintenance staff. We hope you can give us another chance to stay with us soon!

Everything is great and I enjoyed my stay very much:)

• 29th Dec 2015
  • China

I'll just state the cons, Wifi is very very slow,There is no hot water , sometimes the toilet is dirty.

Thanks for your review. We apologize for having a bad experience during your stay with us. We will notify your comments to our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We hope you can give us another chance for your stay and we would be happy to turn your experience around.

Everything you need. Two minute walk to the pier and the beach and ten minutes to really great shops and restaurants and also a big supermarket. Staff lovely. Lots of construction going on when I was there so didn't experience outdoor area/tv room or laundry so can't rate! Nice free breakfast and fast free wifi. Really like the lounge area with the open fire too. Small dorms are just right and beds really comfy. Kitchen also really good. Travel place next door good for booking trips.

found a bunch of local residents dancing salsa in the streets just a couple blocks north of the hostel - great atmosphere and experience!

It's a great hostel but their wifi is really bad. It don't work!!!

Thanks for your review. We do apologize if our wifi was not working properly during your stay. We will notify your comments with our IT department so this issue gets fixed.

The location is very good and the staff are helpful too. The room is clean and the kitchen is big. The only problem is that they don't provide a friendly talking area so most time I stay there alone. That's kind of boring to me.

Have a savory option for breakfast

Thanks for your review. We are always finding ways to improve our breakfast, we will take your comments into consideration.

Great location! Friendly staff and excellent security. Wonderful to meet people from around the world! Too bad the renovations were still ongoing during my stay. Maybe, next time i can use the TV and washer facility. Thank you! Ed from Kansas City, MO

Thanks for your great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to meet other fellow travelers around the world! We can assure that once the renovations are completed our guests will be able to enjoy our new facilities! We hope you can come and stay with us soon.

In comparison to other hostels its quite anonymous

We stayed at the HI hostel in santa Monica for three nights. The room was cleaned every morning. The reception was located right where one entered to go to the common area and the rooms, which felt very safe. Good breakfast. The staff did their best to help us with our questions. The hostel was being renovated during our stay, so many doors were open and there was a cold constant draft. The WIFI was not very reliable but the staff helped us with one of our bookings.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Thanks for your great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and also our staff went above and beyond to help you with your needs. We hope you are able to come back and stay with us soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7