HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica Reviews

1436 2nd Street, CA 90401, Los Angeles, USA

It was very hot in the rooms making it impossible to sleep

Thanks for your review. We do apologize for our rooms being too hot. Unfortunately we do not have any air conditioning and the only source of cool air would be our fans we provide.

This is the third time I've stayed at this property, usually I love it, but ths time the heat in the room was just unbearable. One fan for a small room with 10 people and a shower in isn't good enough. Such a shame because everything else was great! Fab location!

Thanks for your review. We do apologize for our rooms being to hot. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in our rooms and the only source of cool air would be our fans. We also provide additional fans as well. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

Great location. Everything you need.

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our great location. Come back and stay with us soon!

Nice place to relax your sunburnt body

We are glad to hear you had a relaxing stay. Come back and stay with us soon!

The location is very good as well as the breakfast.

I enjoyed my stay however sleeping at night became unbearable in the heady and the one fan did nothing. I would have liked more fans to make sleeping at night comfortable. In the women's bathroom on the 4th floor it would have been convenient to have cubicals or an area to get changed in private after taking a shower. The breakfast was great!

• 4th Sep 2015

Thanks for your review. We do apologize for our rooms being too hot. You can always notify our front desk staff about providing you with an additional fan if one is not enough. Also we will take your comments about adding more cubical's in our women's 4th floor bathroom into consideration. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon.

I really loved it here. Close to the beach and nice staff . Love the lockers to store all of my stuff in- they are huge and 5 bucks a day

• 3rd Sep 2015

Thanks for your great review. We are happy to hear you loved us! Come back and stay with us soon.

Pro's: clean dormitory, friendly and upbeat front desk staff, clean share communal kitchen, computer room, clean lounge area, clean bathroom within dormitory area, presentable linen arrangement on bedding area., decent breakfast, supermarkets/restaurants/cafés within walking distance and nearby, retail stores within nearby walking distance... Con's: my bag of groceries and along w/medication that had to refrigerated was stolen within 24 hours of my stay even though it was labeled w/my name

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear your grocery items and medication were stolen during your stay. Did you perhaps notify our front desk staff about this? Usually our housekeeping staff goes through every food item to make sure it is labeled properly with a guest name, check out date and room number. Again we would like to apologize for this and we hope you can come back and stay with us in the future.

Cold showers, no ac in the room, slow wifi, toilets that had overflown and stayed like that for longer then they should, also a cockaroach crawled across the couch one night while in the TV room while I was just trying to relax. It surprisingly wasn't the worsts hostel I have stayed at, but for the amount of money you end up spending you might as well split a hotel with some of your friends. At the very least I would find another hostel.

General ambiance: imagine a Detox Center.

Good location. Many activities. Friendly staff.

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear our staff was friendly during your stay. We are also glad you got to enjoy our activities and our location. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon.

Very good facilities and great location but zero atmosphere.

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and facilities our hostel has to offer. We do apologize for your thoughts about our hostel not having the atmosphere you wanted. We try our best to create a great atmosphere for our guests. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon.

Everything was very clean, which is a top priority with me. Breakfast was very modest, so don't expect much. But they didn't seem to limit the coffee. Nice places to relax with your electronic devices.

• 30th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear we were able to provide you with a clean and relaxing stay. We hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

My room was pretty basic and there was no air con so the room was boiling however a friend was staying in another room which was huge and much cooler so not all the same. I've stayed here twice now as the location is just perfect. I would return again. Good common areas, big kitchen all in all a good stay and would recommend

Great location and cool chill out spaces. Maybe make breakfast a little but more known

Stayed in room 403 and overall nights get really hot up there. Would recommend to stay on second level, but already the 3rd floor is quite heated up. Even with 2(!) fans on it was almost too hot to sleep.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • juliabaker

Thanks for your review. Usually the rooms on the 4th floor tend to get very hot. Our rooms on the 3rd and 2nd level are less hotter. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in our rooms but we are providing additional fans to help with the heat.

I enjoyed my stay at the HI however... Air conditioning should be added to each room. Without this is was unbearable in my dorm with 7 other people. The fans should also be updated as our fan did not work correctly.

Room was too hot, no cold showers

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately we do not have any air conditioning in our rooms and it does get really hot during the summer time. We are providing additional fans to help with the heat. Also we will notify our maintenance department about the issue with the showers.

Looks like a plush hotel from the outside. Nice rooms and beds with good breakfast. Staff competent in booking things for you but also seemed they wanted to be elsewhere half the time.

Very convenient if you want to stay in the santa monica area, the rooms aren't too crowded, and awesome breakfast!