HI - Los Angeles - South Bay Hostel Reviews

3601S. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, Los Angeles, USA

My pro's: friendly, upbeat, welcoming front desk staff My con's: Location very from Los Angeles on the metro and difficult too arrive too by metro. Very dark and inadequately lighted area after sunset. Thieves, thieves ate my food the night before departing and the person had no consideration to open my package food and leave it in the cabinet with there nasty fingers on it. Upon my 2 night my bed was occupied had to sleep in the library

Great hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Only thing is it was far away from downtown LA. The bus to the hostel runs infrequently. Everything else was great.

Staff upon check in made me feel like I had significantly inconvenienced her and interrupted her day. Location is quite remote but once you arrive there is a beach and a grossery store withing walking distance. On the whole, a nice stay!

This hostel is really lovely, it's just extremely far from central LA. Staff were great.

Nice place stay a from chaos of LA

Perhaps it's because the US isn't geared towards backpacking, but it found it dreary and old, averagely maintained, and way out in the 'burbs away from any form of shops, including decent supermakets, restaurants, etc. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Very friendly staff....amazing location overseeing the ocean. The food was great due to the holiday - breakfast options are good.

We appreciate your positive review. We hope you visit us again!

A lovely place in a nice neighborhood. The staff are friendly and helpful, the common areas and rooms were clean and the view is pretty! The location is not so good, but nothing that can't be solved if you have a car or don't mind taking the bus.

• 1st Jul 2015

Hostel is nice/ employees are friendly / location is horrible/ tool me 3 h to go there from union station

If you're looking for a busy party place that shouldn't be your first choice, but if you want to have a chilled and relaxed time this hostel is perfect! Guests and staff are very friendly, can't complain about my stay, really enjoyed it! Only, if you drive, you should get a car during your stay...

Nice and quiet and peaceful which is what I was looking for. I stayed here last year also. It was a welcome respite from the traffic and throngs of people in LA.

This hostel is in a lovely area, on a hill overlooking the Pacific. However, there are no local facilities so you will be entirely reliant on buses/cycles/car to get around. Everything was nice enough, but nothing special either. Clearly one for those that want some quiet time rather than a party as you won't find one here. Also, the wifi was intermittent during my stay and cod only be accessed in the main reception/kitchen and not in the seperate accommodation buildings; a major frustration!

A great hostel if you have a car (which is much more important for LA than any other big city). My window overlooked the Friendship Bell and the ocean! Quiet place to sleep, clean rooms and sheets, clean bathroom. Highly recommended.

This is a great hostel in a good location. Clean and quiet. Along way from Hollywood, Venice etc, so you need a car. There is a deli and cafe near by but a supermarket is several miles away

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay

If you have a car, this location is ok! About 30min from LA downtown. We felt a bit like on a scouting camp because of the building! For european norms this is quite expensive and the wifi is not that good.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

Great location, but needs a car.

i cancelled reservation; the abrupt female---i'm assuming didn't cancel---i called 72 hours after booking.

too remote from the city, but it's really a nice place to stay, staff are kind and facilities awesome, too.

Dont do it!

We really liked the experience there! The employers are amaizing and the hostel looks like aí hotel!!!! We recomend and be sure that we will be back soon!!!