HI - Madison Hostel Reviews

141 South Butler Street, Madison, USA

Loved the Hostel and stay. Only one complaint, was that the website said there was available parking onsite, but when we got there, we were told it was full. Turns out there were only 2 spots onsite, so they go quickly of course. So we had to park on the street, plug $10 into meters, watch for parking limits and get up early to plug the meter, etc. We were traveling in a rental car, so this one issue was a hassle for us, that we would have liked to be better warned about, otherwise, great!

• 16th Jun 2015

Deffinitely better than most of reviews here suggest. It is a hostel, right, do not expect a hotel type services. Moreover, I am very gratefull to the stuff. My plane has been delayed and I arrived after 10pm. They allowed me to check-in by phone, give me the security code to open the doors and left my key on the front desk. Thanks once more.

This hostel is in an awesome location, the staff are helpful and the facilities are clean.

• 16th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Visited HI-Madison while apt hunting for grad school. Beds were very comfortable but the person on the bottom bunk will have to deal with a slight amount of clostrophobia... They repetedly ask their guests to remove shoes which keeps things clean. The wifi was suitible and the kitchen is very spacious, perfect for a chef on the go. I was dissapointed with the few showers there were, only 1 for men... so be sure to shower at inconvenient times to avoid the line. Overall, it was a good stay!

• 15th May 2015

Great location, great staff members! Overall great stay

Some other residents (those with long term staying plans, or had been there for months) were very stand-offish and rude.

• 20th Mar 2015