HI-Madison Hostel Reviews

141 South Butler Street, Madison, Wisconsin, USA

I love staying at the Madison Hostel! The location can't be beat. The staff are very friendly. My husband and I will definitely be back!!! Just have to add that I forgot to take the sheets off the bed. Sorry about that! See you next time. THANK YOU!!!

• 20th Sep 2013

It was strange that everyone's room key was the same for each room in the hostel.

Location of the hostel is great - just around the corner from downtown and the state Capitol building. Staff were all friendly and informative. Cleanliness marked as average due to dust around pipes in the room. Felt a bit like student digs on account of the lurid decor and what appeared to be salvaged furnishings, there were quite a few rule notices posted about too, instead of being on one, cohesive document. Bed was super comfy however and in 35oC heat the rooms air con was invaluable.

• 26th Aug 2013

It's really cool and lovely ! Love it!

• 25th Aug 2013
  • China

thr staff was veryfriendly and hepful. The facilities were difficult for my 9o year pd body

• 7th Aug 2013

Nice little hostel very close to the centre of town and various bars etc. Staff were helpful in recommending things to do etc. My only complaint would be that it was incredibly warm when I was there, however the new air con system was being installed as I left so that won't be an issue in the future.

The only hostel in Madison! It's in a very good location right in the centre of the city. Very small place, not many guests but they were all nice and an eclectic mix. It does not have air conditioning though! I was constantly sweating while I was here. Overall, not bad but certainly not great either.

The room downstairs needs AIRCO in Summer!

Hostel was fine but the bathroom was cramped, and the place didn't have much of a vibe.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were all very clean and well maintained, if a little old. There was free wi-fi, but it was very slow. Lockers in the rooms were a great idea, and I really appreciated the free coffee (woo-hoo!). Definitely would stay there again!

Staff was in office at odd times. Checking in took longer than expected because I couldn't find anyone who worked there. Other than that, a fun stay in Madison! I'd stay there again.

Every thing went very well I would stay there again

Thanks for taking the time to give us a good review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here in Mad-City!