HI - Madison Hostel Reviews

141 South Butler Street, Madison, USA

The mini events in the afternoon were chill and relaxing for me which was nice. Also I had a lot of questions and the staffbanswered it all which was helpful.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Japan

It was a really nice experience, I've never tried a hostel before and the HI turns out to be a good place to stay, staff people was really nice and most of the people staying there were as well, I really enjoyed the stay and if I travel back to Madison, for sure this will be my first option to stay, the beds, showers and bathroom were clean and nice, I didn't have any problem

Super nice.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I was looking for a budget place to stay in Madison for one night and chose this hostel. The staff was friendly, room and facilities clean, and bed comfortable (and bug free!). The house is an older building though, and had settled quite a bit, such that the door to my room was difficult to open and shut entirely. For one person, $60 per night seemed a little high, though I guess in the central location it's probably still the best budget deal around.

• 18th Aug 2015

There were AC only in the room, which means the common area was very hot. It was very quiet but the atmosphere was not fun to meet people. ATTENTION: the check in hour is ONLY from 8am-10pm. It's so weird to see a hostel that stop service after 10pm. And the day after I checked out I asked if I can put my luggage somewhere while visiting the town more. the people just told me to put it in the living room which is not safe at all. I feel this is very irresponsible. Conclusion: NOT GOOD.

Very cute place, felt like a home. Well stocked kitchen!

• 30th Jul 2015

nice hostel in the center of town, great staff and you can make your own pancakes.. very clean and brightly painted, good beds, and madison is soo worth a visit!

Loved the Hostel and stay. Only one complaint, was that the website said there was available parking onsite, but when we got there, we were told it was full. Turns out there were only 2 spots onsite, so they go quickly of course. So we had to park on the street, plug $10 into meters, watch for parking limits and get up early to plug the meter, etc. We were traveling in a rental car, so this one issue was a hassle for us, that we would have liked to be better warned about, otherwise, great!

• 16th Jun 2015

Deffinitely better than most of reviews here suggest. It is a hostel, right, do not expect a hotel type services. Moreover, I am very gratefull to the stuff. My plane has been delayed and I arrived after 10pm. They allowed me to check-in by phone, give me the security code to open the doors and left my key on the front desk. Thanks once more.

This hostel is in an awesome location, the staff are helpful and the facilities are clean.

• 16th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Visited HI-Madison while apt hunting for grad school. Beds were very comfortable but the person on the bottom bunk will have to deal with a slight amount of clostrophobia... They repetedly ask their guests to remove shoes which keeps things clean. The wifi was suitible and the kitchen is very spacious, perfect for a chef on the go. I was dissapointed with the few showers there were, only 1 for men... so be sure to shower at inconvenient times to avoid the line. Overall, it was a good stay!

• 15th May 2015

Great location, great staff members! Overall great stay

Some other residents (those with long term staying plans, or had been there for months) were very stand-offish and rude.

• 20th Mar 2015