HI - Madison Hostel Reviews

141 South Butler Street, Madison, USA

Overall, my friend and I were very happy with HI- Madison Hostel. Staff were friendly and very helpful, the hostel as a whole and our room were both very clean.

• 2nd Dec 2014

I only stayed one night but it was average. But the house could use some rehabbing to make it a better experience. It looks a little run down and could use some cosmetic work like updating doors, floors, and walls. The bunk bed hand railings were not secure. The front desk closed at 10 or 11pm. I think they should have 24 hour service. They only had pancakes and coffee for breakfast. I think they should serve more food like bread, bagels, muffins, cereal, and orange juice.

The hostel has a very good location: Right in the city centre. It's only a 5 min walk to the capitol building! The staff was nice and the rooms clean!

A nice peaceful hostel. However, be aware that this is not a real suitable hostel for young, energetic travelers. All day long it is extremely quiet; it felt almost like a ghosthouse. I had the idea that I had to be quiet because people were sleeping. My attempt to spice up the atmotsphere with a game of beerpong did not work: this hostel has a zero alcohol policy. What kind of hostel does that? I would recommend this hostel to everyone who is old and boring and likes to sleep all the time.

Awesome stay, recommended, would stay again!