HI Madison Reviews

141 South Butler Street, Madison, USA

Don't think the heating works too well, it's a bit freezing in the night, other than that, it's a pretty good hostel.

Greatest location.

The location was great, and everything was clean and comfortable.

Not the best hostel, and a female member of staff with curly hair was incredibly unwelcoming when I first arrived. The room was incredibly small with limited space and nil security. They refused to hold my bags when I came to check in early, also. The value for money wasn't too bad, but the resources are limited. I spent very little time in the hostel for this reason alone and definitely would not stay here again.

The mini events in the afternoon were chill and relaxing for me which was nice. Also I had a lot of questions and the staffbanswered it all which was helpful.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Japan

It was a really nice experience, I've never tried a hostel before and the HI turns out to be a good place to stay, staff people was really nice and most of the people staying there were as well, I really enjoyed the stay and if I travel back to Madison, for sure this will be my first option to stay, the beds, showers and bathroom were clean and nice, I didn't have any problem

Amazing and comfortable place to staying at. I certainly recomend this hostel to everyone who wants to enjoy some days visiting Madison in Wisconsin.

Super nice.

• 22nd Aug 2015

I was looking for a budget place to stay in Madison for one night and chose this hostel. The staff was friendly, room and facilities clean, and bed comfortable (and bug free!). The house is an older building though, and had settled quite a bit, such that the door to my room was difficult to open and shut entirely. For one person, $60 per night seemed a little high, though I guess in the central location it's probably still the best budget deal around.

• 18th Aug 2015

There were AC only in the room, which means the common area was very hot. It was very quiet but the atmosphere was not fun to meet people. ATTENTION: the check in hour is ONLY from 8am-10pm. It's so weird to see a hostel that stop service after 10pm. And the day after I checked out I asked if I can put my luggage somewhere while visiting the town more. the people just told me to put it in the living room which is not safe at all. I feel this is very irresponsible. Conclusion: NOT GOOD.