6.8
Good 64 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 64 Total Reviews
HI-Maligne Canyon Located at C/O Box 387, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Jasper.
Canada
Jasper C/O Box 387, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
68% 64
52.9180113 -117.9917907
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2015

Very nice little retreat in nature. Good location as it is walking distance from the beautiful Maligne Canyon. But its a bit difficult to get the hostel from jasper without a car. Also Be prepared because there are no showers and only place with water is the kitchen, and not from a sink. The only thing is I would put more lights outside at night as it gets very dark...especially if you want to go to the "bathroom"...its a bit scary especially when they tell you that bears are in the area

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
5th Sep 2015

Lovely stay. As this was my first time staying in a wilderness hostel I was unsure of what to expect. Although they claim to not have running water or elecricity that still had generator powered lights and a heater as well as a potable water source. The only "rustic" thing was that there were no showers or outhouses. Great stay. Lovely place. The lady working there was very friendly.

• England, Male, 31-40
12th Aug 2015
2.0

I called ahead to confirm my booking and they knew nothing about it!! I had lost my phone so was unable to retrieve booking details there and then but how can you have no record of someone who has paid and had a booking refernece?!?!? I had to re-organise my trip and of course pay further accommodation!! I NEED A REFUND PLEASE!!!!!

• Canada, Male, 31-40
12th Aug 2015

Fantastic and friendly staff who were very kind and there to make sure I was comfortable. I loved the experience of a wilderness hostel but an updated outhouse would definitely be nice.

• Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2015
7.7

The facilities are good and clean and access to kitchen during the day is very good. Although the hostel does not have running water we were allowed to go to shower and do our laundry at the HI Jasper. Nice location with a river running back of the hostel.