HI-Maligne Canyon Reviews

C/O Box 387, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Jasper, Canada

Unfortunatly we can not recommend this hostel. We knew that there is no running water/ shower, so this wasn't the problem. The manager was very unfriendly, the atmosphere was cold and inside the dorm you could smell the toilet next to it. İf you have the choise, go to HI beauty creek.

We appreciate it is a wilderness hostel, but there is a dichotomy in that concept, because you drive straight from the road, so it can be noisy and it has mains electricity.

Pleasant place to stay. Very accommodating. Thanks

• 4th Sep 2014

Remember that it is a wide hostel. No electricuty,no shower.(but you can drive to Hi Jasper to take a shower). Nice place, good beds. Natural 'washroom' = smelly (I culdn't use it!)

Great budget place to stay in very expensive Jasper. No showers, no plumbing, but warm beds. I found the atmosphere wasn't as fun as a more conventional hostel -- not a great place to meet people or learn about what to do in the area. Not bad, just different than what I usually think of a hostel experience.

Arrived at the hostel without my name on the reservation list as the booking centre placed me to a wrong hostel. Therefore, I had to pay for the full price even though I have paid deposit when I booked the hostel online. I have contacted the booking centre 5 days ago about the issue, but no one has responded.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • China

We had a great time, and enjoyed our great host who answered several of our wilderness questions. We forgot something important at the hostel, and the week-end host graciously mailed it to our city promptly, and we are so grateful.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hello, I thank you for a great visit

• 11th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel , quiet and out of the way next to a creek which lulls you to sleep at night. It is out of the town and the shuttle only runs during a couple of months I think, in high season. Otherwise the only other option into town is a taxi. Right next to Maligne Canyon which is a great trail, but otherwise you do need a car to get to other trails or anything else. You will likely meet other travellers who can share a ride with you though. Full marks to Nico . He is awesome.

• 20th Jun 2014