HI-Maligne Canyon Reviews

C/O Box 387, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Jasper, Alberta, Canada

I had a reservation and when i arrived they told me that they don't have my reservation in the list they had. And i had to drive to another hostel 30 Km away. Also , till now i didn't get my deposit back.

• 31st Aug 2013
  • Egypt

The hostel host checked us in, showed us our accommodations, the communal kitchen and where we were to go get water. There was some confusion about whether we had brought sleeping bags with us but when he learned we had not, he provided linens (HI Hostel reservations in Canada specifically requests that you DO NOT bring sleeping bags). Everything was very neat and clean. Other guests were friendly and welcoming. The hostel was close to Jasper but easy to find.

• 25th Aug 2013

if u dont mind using the outhouse and not to shower for the time of ur stay oh and if u dont mind being out of town, stay here! it is very pretty and a very nice place.

Overall my stay here was pretty decent. The bunk rooms were very clean and were super warm at night time. There was a bear in the area, so we were not able to have a fire outside, which was a disadvantage, but obviously not something the hostel had control over. And although the outhouses were clean, they were super smelly in comparison to the outhouses that I used when out on hikes around Jasper.

• 13th Jul 2013

The host was awesome!

I loved staying at this hostel.. it was smaller than usual so you really get to know everyone staying there and its sorta like a family feeling.. theres some wicked hikes and lakes nearby. The staff were awesome - a couple of times they gave me a lift back to the centre of Jasper! I found the lack of internet usage great because it lets people really talk to each other, play games or just read... really refreshing! I would love to come back here!