HI-Maligne Canyon Reviews

C/O Box 387, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Jasper, Canada

Great budget place to stay in very expensive Jasper. No showers, no plumbing, but warm beds. I found the atmosphere wasn't as fun as a more conventional hostel -- not a great place to meet people or learn about what to do in the area. Not bad, just different than what I usually think of a hostel experience.

Arrived at the hostel without my name on the reservation list as the booking centre placed me to a wrong hostel. Therefore, I had to pay for the full price even though I have paid deposit when I booked the hostel online. I have contacted the booking centre 5 days ago about the issue, but no one has responded.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • China

We had a great time, and enjoyed our great host who answered several of our wilderness questions. We forgot something important at the hostel, and the week-end host graciously mailed it to our city promptly, and we are so grateful.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hello, I thank you for a great visit

• 11th Jul 2014

Lovely hostel , quiet and out of the way next to a creek which lulls you to sleep at night. It is out of the town and the shuttle only runs during a couple of months I think, in high season. Otherwise the only other option into town is a taxi. Right next to Maligne Canyon which is a great trail, but otherwise you do need a car to get to other trails or anything else. You will likely meet other travellers who can share a ride with you though. Full marks to Nico . He is awesome.

• 20th Jun 2014

Greer is awesome. Bears are not.

very good location, pure nature :)) perfect for outdoor-lovers nice place and very nice owner!!! you have to be careful with the food, there are bears around, keep your food in the kitchen, dont leave ANYTHING outside!!!!!!! same for drinks!!!

• 25th May 2014