HI Maracaia Reviews

Rodovia Porto Seguro-Sta Cruz de CabraliaBR 367-km, Porto Seguro, Brazil

No Rating

In my view this hostel is the best in Salvador, even though you can find better hostels in South Brazil. There are facilities and social areas where we can meet new friends.

The hostel is at least 30 mins from the bus station and 20 mins from town. They had lost our reservation when we arrived and so lost our deposit. The woman behind the desk was really un organised she had us walking all over the hostel looking in every room to see which one to put us in. We stayed one night in the end and went somewhere else in Porto Seguro.

Do not recommend. I booked a room for two people and a suite, but we were put in a room with bathroom outside and cleaning up when there were only asking about four days after our arrival. There was much noise from the 06:30 am, hosted many children, and elderly, which is inconsistent with a youth hostel. Our towels were confused with those of the hostel and also stained when washed. I paid an extra night, but we left because there were no conditions of stay.

• 14th Jan 2011

Nice Hostel. I've been to a private Double Room. It featured TV and air condicioning. The hostel also has a very good breakfast and a very pleasant and clean pool. Noise is forbidden after 12pm. Loved it!

The personel are friendly. It is not a backpackers place, more for brasilian families driving car. Pool by the carpark. Cold shower. Not many people in begining of Jan. Careful not to take the wrong bus from rodovaria, take bus to Cabralia. No internet.

Staff were very accommodating and going out their way to make you feel at home. Situated in Coroa Vermelha, between Porto Segura and Santa Cruz Cabralia; the Maracaia is a nice little hotel that attracts Brazilian, American and English holiday makers. So it's a great place to meet new friends and practice your Portuguese. The beach is about 500 meters away; and you can try out the Acaraje and Acai at the local markets where you can also find loads of authentic craftwork and a museum too!

• 30th Dec 2010

Although it\'s a very big hostel, when I got there I realized I am the only guest. The staff, although not speaking English, was very friendly. I had some cockroaches in the bathroom because there was an open window there. All in all, it seems like a very nice place, but don\'t be surprised if you are all alone in the low season.

View all Porto Seguro Hostels