HI - Marin Headlands Hostel Reviews

Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito, USA

Enjoyed the surfer and dreads night staff who told me to hit the bonita light house for a steller sunrise. Also, the one way road that leads into Bonita LH has an awesome view as well but touristy. PS Avoid crossing the fence unless you want a ticket!

• 12th Oct 2014

This was our first time staying at a hostel and I'm so glad it was at the HI - Marin Headlands. The location is excellent and the views from the surrounding area were spectacular. Even though it has a really isolated feel, we felt super safe The staff was great, the facility was clean, and the price was right for the San Francisco area. We will definitely be back when we have more time to explore the area.

• 12th Oct 2014

Your hostel is the essence of what is good about hostels: it is comfy, friendly, easy going, nothing fussy and no one up tight. I loved watching the students from Sacramento Country Day School mill about and play; on other days it was easy to join people at tables or on the couches for a chat. The kitchen is fabulous, though I wondered how much gas all those pilot lights ate up. The coffee was world class. I can't wait for the drought to be over so you will be surrounded by green hills again!

• 1st Oct 2014

Really peaceful location, with lots of options for hikes/visits, but also pleasant enough to just hang out on your lazy days. Having Rodeo Beach a short walk away is a real bonus. Lack of a walkable grocery store does make it tricky for non-drivers. Getting there via public transport is difficult if the weekend service bus (76X) isn't running. The taxi ride via 'Marin Door-to-Door' is expensive. Joe was really professional, Gladys really cheery, and Kurt's surely the handsomest man in California

• 30th Sep 2014

The kitchen needs more lights, one globe in the middle of the kitchen is not adequate to light up the whole kitchen with tall ceilings.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

This was my first time staying in a Hostel. I enjoyed my stay very much. I stayed in the Annex, which was quieter than house. I was concerned that I was going to be the only 50 year old there, but met many there my age or older.

The location is amazing, it's not rally easy to move without a car, but a part from that, that is a real hostel experience.

• 14th Aug 2014

Staff were excellent and seems to be be efficiently run hostel. Could do with lockers, and male toilets/showers were on different floor. Clean though a little run down. A good stay on the whole

This is a wonderful hostel. The staff are always friendly. They were very kind to put out pancake ingredients for us to make our own pancakes in the morning. I like staying at the annex as it is quieter then the main bldg. Thank you for maintaining such a beautiful and peaceful hostel.

It had such a unique setting and I felt secluded like I was at a Bed and Breakfast.

It would have been nice to know they were starting to remodel the kitchen bright and early!

• 30th Jun 2014