HI - Marin Headlands Hostel Reviews

Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito, USA

Overall, pretty clean and easy to navigate. There are fun bonuses too, like a game room and a yoga space! The staff are super friendly and the location is fantastic!

• 19th Aug 2015

I loved the Marin Headlands Hostel! I've stayed at many hostels and I thought it was one of the best. I love the beautiful location and the fact that it's so near San Francisco.

Stayed here because the central hostels were full. It's a nice place to take a break from the city.

What a fantastic place! Granted, it is a bit removed from the city, but such incredible hikes and views of the bay and ocean nearby. Friendly staff and welcoming environment, and still an easy bus ride into Sausalito and San Francisco. I had a great experience.

Very kind, friendly and helpful staff

• 1st Aug 2015

This was a wonderful quiet place with a very nice ambiance.

• 29th Jul 2015

I became ill and did not make it for this stay. I called at the last minute. The hostel folks were very kind and sold my bunk and they didn't charge me. GOOD DEAL! Jim Rose

• 25th Jul 2015

The stay itself was wonderful but should stated more clearly that almost impossible to get there without car or bike. It was huge and expansive struggle with taxi.

Excellent experience at this hostel. The staff was nice & helpful, the building and grounds were gorgeous, and the only complaint I have was the mattress quality - I didn't sleep well because it was such a crappy mattress. Other than that, a very positive experience!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Crappy beds if you're taller than a Twin sized. Snoring folks :( of course that's the dorms! Yoga room! awesome Coffee was actually quite tasty. Setting was PERFECT for me, quiet, big trees, ocean breeze, nestled in woods, open field out front, wow! loved old building too

• 16th Jun 2015

First time staying in a hostel - stayed three nights. It was fantastic! Excited to go back.

• 11th Jun 2015

Superb location for access to adventures in the beautiful Marin Headlands.

• 22nd May 2015

Love this hostel! Staff is friendly and helpful, clean and comfortable, and beautiful setting with great hiking!

• 1st May 2015

Loved this place!

• 5th Apr 2015

Excellent experience at the Hostel! Much quieter than expected, but in a good way. A slightly older crowd in general for a hostel.

• 20th Mar 2015

I loved the hostel! The Check-in host with the most was fun & pretty energetic for such a late check-in. He mentioned he wasn't normally from this hostel. He was a transplant, a filler from the Fort Hood hostel.

The place was great and staff were really friendly. They could've had more plugs in the room and the shower place was a bit awkward because there really no place to put your clothes.

Enjoyed the surfer and dreads night staff who told me to hit the bonita light house for a steller sunrise. Also, the one way road that leads into Bonita LH has an awesome view as well but touristy. PS Avoid crossing the fence unless you want a ticket!

• 12th Oct 2014

This was our first time staying at a hostel and I'm so glad it was at the HI - Marin Headlands. The location is excellent and the views from the surrounding area were spectacular. Even though it has a really isolated feel, we felt super safe The staff was great, the facility was clean, and the price was right for the San Francisco area. We will definitely be back when we have more time to explore the area.

• 12th Oct 2014

Your hostel is the essence of what is good about hostels: it is comfy, friendly, easy going, nothing fussy and no one up tight. I loved watching the students from Sacramento Country Day School mill about and play; on other days it was easy to join people at tables or on the couches for a chat. The kitchen is fabulous, though I wondered how much gas all those pilot lights ate up. The coffee was world class. I can't wait for the drought to be over so you will be surrounded by green hills again!

• 1st Oct 2014