HI - Marin Headlands Reviews

Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito, California, USA

Great quiet location in the old officer housing area near Sausalito. Friendly and helpful staff.

I really enjoyed my stay. The daily cleaning was fine but the buildings are a bit dingy. The walls and floors could use a good scrub and the buildings could use a new paint job inside and out. But this is a hostel and it was fine.

• 23rd Feb 2014

This hostel is opened only until 11:30pm. There was no info about this in my confirmation e-mail so I came across locked door after a long flight from Europe. Apart from this my stay was perfect and would use this place again. It is just outside SFO and if you have a car it is not difficult to get to the city.

There were several large tables in the common area which allowed for many people to eat & play games. The area outside also had many picnic tables. The building was very old but that was part of it's charm too. We had an enjoyable overnight experience. The staff was very helpful in providing information & helping us get settled. We are seniors (65+) & the only drawback was staying in an upper bunk bed--they were difficult to get out of for a late night need to use the bathroom.

• 9th Nov 2013