Superb 128 Total Reviews
Superb 128 Total Reviews
HI Marin Headlands Located at Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito.
USA
Sausalito CA CA, 94965 Fort Barry, Building 941,
91% 128
37.8291921 -122.5220417
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016
7.1

This was more like a daycare than a hostel. Literally a bunch of kids were running around and screaming during my stay. There was an entire girl scout troop and a family of 12 who overtook the kitchen making their family dinner as if I walked into their house. I was excited to rest after a long day of travel but I found myself trying to leave again because being around a huge family and a ton of preteens taking over EVERYTHING. I have never been to an "all ages" hostel. I don't want to again.

• USA, Female, 41+
28th Jun 2016

This was my first time staying at a hostel, and it was fantastic.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first of hopefully many more hostel experiences! Be careful, it can become addicting! Thank you for your review and hopefully we'll see you again! Happy travels!

• USA, Female, 41+
25th Jun 2016

I always enjoy staying at the Marin Headlands Hostel - it's like stepping through a threshold to another world when you go through the tunnel. It's so quiet and peaceful. I just love it!

I've always thought the same about that tunnel. It's a great way to enter a pretty magical area. Thank you for your kind words and we are happy that we could be here for you to enjoy the beautiful headlands!

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2016
8.0

Great deal for the money, considering it's right across from the Golden Gate Bridge. Very friendly, safe place. My only complaint is that there is NO cell phone reception. You have to drive down a long winding road to the beach to call/text which is super irritating for exhausted travelers. I wish I would have known that prior to arrival.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2016

Staff were very helpful and knowledgable about the area and even were intentional about remembering what activity I wanted to do.