HI - Marin Headlands Reviews

Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito, USA

It had such a unique setting and I felt secluded like I was at a Bed and Breakfast.

It would have been nice to know they were starting to remodel the kitchen bright and early!

• 30th Jun 2014

No complaints. Would stay again. They even provide hair dryers!

• 23rd May 2014

This hostel was exactly what we hoped it would be: a warm, inviting retreat. We will most definitely be back. Joe helped us check in and out, and he was very friendly and helpful. Our room and restroom were clean and orderly, and we had absolutely no complaints. Keep up the good work and your focus on sustainability and the environment, which was very much appreciated!

• 29th Apr 2014

An amazing location, and reasonable price. A safe for storing valuables would have been great, but they do look after your things behind the reception. Also the staff were mixed, one was excellent, very helpful and very friendly. Another said there was nowhere to buy food around the area (despite there being food sold at the reception!) - I went hungry that night. The other was quite unfriendly, e.g. wouldn't call a taxi for me, or help with the payphone.

Loved everything about it! blessed with good weather on our visit; Holly was personable and efficient both. Stunning area, architecture and views. (turkey and deer, at dusk) I always would like a lower rate, of course.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great quiet location in the old officer housing area near Sausalito. Friendly and helpful staff.

I really enjoyed my stay. The daily cleaning was fine but the buildings are a bit dingy. The walls and floors could use a good scrub and the buildings could use a new paint job inside and out. But this is a hostel and it was fine.

• 23rd Feb 2014