HI Marin Headlands Reviews

Fort Barry, Building 941, Sausalito, USA

This one of the most beautiful hostels I have ever stayed in. I was surrounded by eucalyptus trees, oaks, firs, and the ocean nearby. Simply magical.

• 11th Jan 2016

Our stay for 2 nights was awesome. The Annex was clean and quiet.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

This was our first visit, but will not be our last! The staff was so friendly and helpful.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel was fine but one couple that arrived last night after 8 pm was loud and slammed doors. Another guest confronted them about it since that guest had a migraine. It was not expected given how quiet the hostel was the entire time.

• 8th Nov 2015

When we arrived, very tired, no one was at the desk. There was a note: 'working break' back at 9:10--nearly an hour later. (check-in is posted as lasting until 10:30-so we were baffled). We knew we were going to be in the annex, so headed there to search for someone who could maybe help us know what area we could at least start unloading in.

• 14th Oct 2015

if you're a sound sleeper, this form of budget accommodations is OK, but if like me, toss and turn and easily awakened by others entering at all hours of the night, snoring, creaky bed noises whenever someone moves or turns, then maybe you should look for a motel/hotel option. Active beehive just outside the screenless window, which was left open, created a stir of bee activity in the room that was challenging, without the window open, it was stuffy and smelled of dirty feet, no a/c.

• 3rd Oct 2015

nice location, not too far away from downtown. quiet, some interesting hikes close by. excellent value for the money, usually not booked up.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Austria

Excellent hostel in the area of San Francisco for people with a car! Without a car, only on weekends. BEST KITCHEN ever!

Overall, pretty clean and easy to navigate. There are fun bonuses too, like a game room and a yoga space! The staff are super friendly and the location is fantastic!

• 19th Aug 2015

I loved the Marin Headlands Hostel! I've stayed at many hostels and I thought it was one of the best. I love the beautiful location and the fact that it's so near San Francisco.

Stayed here because the central hostels were full. It's a nice place to take a break from the city.

What a fantastic place! Granted, it is a bit removed from the city, but such incredible hikes and views of the bay and ocean nearby. Friendly staff and welcoming environment, and still an easy bus ride into Sausalito and San Francisco. I had a great experience.

Very kind, friendly and helpful staff

• 1st Aug 2015

This was a wonderful quiet place with a very nice ambiance.

• 29th Jul 2015

Absolutely amazing experience! Friendly and hospitable, great way to experience the bay area

I became ill and did not make it for this stay. I called at the last minute. The hostel folks were very kind and sold my bunk and they didn't charge me. GOOD DEAL! Jim Rose

• 25th Jul 2015

The stay itself was wonderful but should stated more clearly that almost impossible to get there without car or bike. It was huge and expansive struggle with taxi.

Excellent experience at this hostel. The staff was nice & helpful, the building and grounds were gorgeous, and the only complaint I have was the mattress quality - I didn't sleep well because it was such a crappy mattress. Other than that, a very positive experience!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Crappy beds if you're taller than a Twin sized. Snoring folks :( of course that's the dorms! Yoga room! awesome Coffee was actually quite tasty. Setting was PERFECT for me, quiet, big trees, ocean breeze, nestled in woods, open field out front, wow! loved old building too

• 16th Jun 2015

First time staying in a hostel - stayed three nights. It was fantastic! Excited to go back.

• 11th Jun 2015