HI Marin Headlands

Superb 168 Total Reviews
Superb 168 Total Reviews

7th Jul 2017

Always enjoy my stays You guys the best !

• Ireland, Female, 41+
5th Jul 2017

absolute gem in a remote area of the head lands.

• USA, Male, 31-40
1st Jul 2017

I consider myself a tough reviewer who doesn't inflate ratings... know that the 8.6 I gave represents high marks for this little hostel. The bunk and room system was solid, the bathrooms were well-kept, and the kitchen was fantastic! I had a great time here, and I couldn't imagine a better value for the cost. Well done, HI Marin Headlands! I'll see you again!

Thank you kindly! I'm happy to hear that we were up to your standards and hopefully next time you stay, we're even better! Happy travels!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
1st Jul 2017
7.1

Definitely an older atmosphere, no young travelers around during our stay, 40+ and some families. That said, location is super unique and one of the only places to stay around. Lots of natural beauty around! I recommend a car.

• adibahasan
  • Bangladesh, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Jun 2017

So when we first went, we were honestly a little creeped out by how remote the area is. There is no service up there and will only get wifi once inside the hostel, which is extremely slow. However, as we got to the desk and got our cards sorted, we explored the area a little and it was picturesque! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The kitchen is usually quite clean and I loved that about the hostel. Everyone is respectful and the atmosphere itself motivates conversations to happen!

I'm glad our staff helped to make you feel comfortable and that you had a pleasant stay! I totally understand how it can seem so isolated in the headlands and remote. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area! Happy travels!

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th May 2017

Awesome stay! Very secluded location with beaches within walking distance. Great kitchen. Fun atmosphere. I will definitely be back

• USA, Male, 41+
19th May 2017

Great location in the Marin Headlands. Facilities include a game room, laundry room, free wifi, and a social room with a TV and piano. The staff is friendly and helpful, and there is lots to do nearby.

17th May 2017

Charming, spacious, welcoming and relaxing hostel in a BEAUTIFUL setting just a short walk from the beach, awesome historical bunkers and batteries, and gorgeous sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. Perfect for a getaway of reflection and long-term personal planning.

• USA, Male, 41+
29th Apr 2017

The staff was friendly and very professional during all encounters. Exceptional location for exploring the Marin Headlands and enough sights to keep a walker or bicyclist busy for a long time. The staff kept my bike in the basement for security and that was a hardship for them, but they did it cheerfully each time. This was a practice trip for staying in Hostels across Spain next week and staff answered all my questions with a smile. I will be back.

29th Apr 2017

Fantastic location right in the Marin Headlands! You literally walk out to miles of trails and hiking and it's a super each walk to a great beach. Will definitely go back again!