HI Massada Reviews

M.P. Dead Sea, Dead Sea, Israel

It was nice and convenient for families with kids. Breakfast was ample, and there were nice balconies to enjoy. But we had bad luck, arriving with a crew of middle school kids. The official quiet time was 11 pm, but I ended up asking the teacher to quiet the screaming kids at around 10 pm. Given the quite high price of the room (over $150 per night!) we would have hoped for a little more quiet. And to have basketballs available for the lovely court!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Sweden
  • Mixed Group, 41+

wonderful value clean and convenient. thank you.

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Israel

They call themselves a hostel, but do not have a kitchen to make your own dinner. They try to make u eat their dinner for 70 schekels. They even forbid me to eat my food on a regular table.

We arrived kind of late (just before the end of dinner) and mentioned immediately that we would still like to have dinner. Instead of telling us straight away that we needed to buy the coupons at reception and then go to the dining room, we were directed to the dining room where we were then told we needed to buy coupons first. This seemed really odd when we had just been at reception to check-in and we asked about dinner specifically!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Perfect location if you want to hike Massada, and the pool is great. There is only one place to eat and the food was not fantastic, pretty much like a school dinner. The atmosphere was definitely lacking, but I guess this isn't a place to socialise. The man at reception went from being really grumpy to really friendly, which wasn't great, but I guess everyone has bad days. The room was very, very clean, however I did find a cockroach in my room, but that can happen even in fancy hotels.