HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Hostel was very clean and safe with security key. Very quiet as well.

the towel and sheets smelled I just felt like the first time I went it was better this time was disappointing. also there were ants everywhere and little fleas!! the toliet area needs a makeover and ultimately I did not feel comfortable there like I had prior. I also did but feel welcomed by the staff it was late and I just wanted to sleep but the staff had do much to say I just wanted to go to bed!! the towel was the worst part..who wants to dry off with a musty boy smelling towel?!!! not me!!

• 29th Jul 2015

Good position, great security and over-avarage accomodation quality. Perfect for medium-large groups, but also for small ones.

• 21st Jul 2015

HI Mid Bangkok is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Location is great, not near main attractions but transport is easily accessible. Staff are excellent & very flexible when my plan changes which many places wouldn't be. WIFI is very good, breakfast is adequate, there are computers for Internet access. They can also help with simple things like what bus to get & how much it should be? Overall bit of a winner!

I found this hostel secure, with nice staff who recommend you where to go and what to do.. Moreover it's clean and relaxing..

A nice place; seemingly quiet (on a monday), but with a very good location for me (as I needed to come from dmk and then go to bkk). The bathrooms were very clean and nice; the beds were okay. They give you a towel, which is cool and the beds have curtains. The wifi is a hassle though: you must log on pretty much continuously.

We had a lovely experience there. The staff was very helpful and accommodating! I have stayed in mini hostels and this has been the nicest one I have stayed in and it's a really good price! Small breakfast but perfect for me!

• 20th Jun 2015

Advertise the 5th floor terrace more!

• 16th Jun 2015

They won't even call a taxi for you. Breakfast is literally only make-it-yourself toast

• 13th Jun 2015

Really nice, clean place. Reasonable prices, staff are very nice & helpful. Great location. One of the best hostels in Bangkok. Would stay again.

Bed sheet and towels are pretty old but clean enough. Location and staffs are excellent. Nice place in the middle of Bangkok.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Lovely, clean, new facilities in a very convenient location. The room stayed cool even when the AC was off. Small space, but with privacy curtains on the beds which was nice. I wouldn't recommend this as a place to meet people or party, but everyone was quite nice and it is exceptional for getting places. I'd recommend it if you are stopping over, it is very convenient from both airports.

Solid hostel. A little out of the way from the main attractions of Bangkok, but it's clean and has great facilities.

Very good hostel overall, the adjacent BTS station was very convenient for getting around, and minibusses at Victory Monument make it easy to take day trips out of the city. Would have liked if they'd keep the AC on during the day so one could come back and rest during the hot afternoons. Also since it's an open air hostel, there were sometimes ants crawling around the bathroom and other areas -- they caused no problems but may be disconcerting to some people.

The sidewalk and driveway outside could be a little stinky due to dirty water, but that is not the hostel's fault.

Very good located near Victory Monument so you get the Sky Train as well as a lot of bus lines to get almost everywhere. Lots of nice kitchens in the streets to eat. Nice and very helpful staff. Big TV running almost all the time in the common room.

Very good location. 2 minutes' walk to the skytrain. There are lots of nice street food, malls and stalls. The common area is relaxing and comfortable. The dorm room is clean and it's really nice that each bed has a curtain and 2 plug-in so you can have some privacy. The shared bathrooms are clean. The staff are friendly and speak good English.

Friendly and helpful staff, the airconditioning worked well and the dorms were well designed but my sheet did not fit my bed and this made the plastic cover on the matress quite uncomfortable. The kitchen was quite small by hostel standards.

• 2nd May 2015

Great location to get around the city and amazing street food on the doorstep. Good facilities; computers, wifi, printing, chill out area and (long and short term) luggage storage. Anything they didn't have the helpful staff told us where we could go and even provided a useful map of the immediate vicinity. I will definitely be staying there again when I'm next in Bangkok.

• 29th Apr 2015

Very clean, nice facilities and good a/c but not the place to meet other travelers