HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Hostel had good and clean facilities. I liked how the beds had curtains for privacy and there was shampoo/soap/ contact lens solution provided in the girls bathroom. Their living area had plenty of travel guidebooks for southeast asia. Biggest downside is the location. We tried to take a cab from the bus station but our driver got lost. So did our tuktuk driver later on. Not the easiest find from Victory Monument skytrain station, nor particularly near by foot either.

I always stay at this hostel when I am in Bangkok! It is next to the bus station at Victory monument so it is in a convenient location for busses and the BTS and the staff are friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms are also the best dorm rooms I have seen. I always have a very good stay here!

• 6th Apr 2014

Hotel-like hostel. Very clean and wonderful staff! Decent location, close to the sky train and lots of street food.

Realy good in general (good staff, and safe), but did'nt clean our room during our 3 days stay.

It was amazing. I didn't actually stay here, I chose somewhere further away from the protests and cancelled my booking. I'm only leaving this review so that I stop getting annoying emails from hostelworld.

• 24th Jan 2014

a very strategic location, close to Victory monument bts station, check-in time can be early and stayed for 2 nights here so much fun because the situation is very friendly and like to stay in their own homes.

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Hi Mid is great, it's not in the backpackers area of Bangkok per se but it is close to the rail and bus system. I love the patio roof and the showers are great. After travelling a bit more and seeing how much less in the way of amenities things get, Hi Mid was a great value and everything was top notch. I would definitely recommend staying here. (Unless there are protests in victory monument and even then, you will likely not be in harms way.)

We just needed somewhere clean, secure and value for money to put our heads down on arriving in Bangkok. Our son had stayed there previously and recommended it. We are glad he did because we probably wouldn't have booked a hostel if left to us. The location was great for the BSR for the airport.

• 19th Dec 2013

A beautiful and sympathic house, lovely and helpfull staff. I would take this house again for a bangkok-stay.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

The room was nice but it was expensive for Bangkok. The location is very convenient and the staff was friendly.

The location is far away from all tourist spots and you can only go to the main attractions with the taxi, which takes about an hour in Bangkok's heavy traffic! Also the hostel is extremely overpriced for what it offers! Much cheaper places closer to the city! Staff was not very helpful either and especially the do-it-yourself-laundry was a huge rip-off!

We stayed there when we first arrived in Thailand and liked it so much we decided to book on our return to Bangkok. We liked that breakfast was included in the Hostel, which was cereal, toast, tea and coffee, enough to get you started in the morning. The staff were brilliant, especially when the protests were going on the day before we were due to fly and parts of the city were closed by the police. They had a taxi driver waiting outside the hostel at 2:30am so we could get to the airport.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Private room was more like a hotel than a hostel! Comfy bed, air conditioning, clean and tidy, good shower. Staff were helpful when we tried to find tours and places to eat including nice boat noodle restaurant. Location is away from main tourist track, but is very easy to get there by sky train.

Pom the female receptionist is a bright light,extremely pleasant and helpful. She makes the stay areal plus experience.

• 6th Nov 2013

We had a pleasant stay in HI Mid Bangkok with clean and cosy rooms, nice staff etc. The only thing that was not perfect was the location cause we had to drive some time to get to the main spots of Bangkok.

Beautiful, friendly place with average facilities which don't quite warrant the high price tag. Certainly nothing to really complain about though.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Great & friendly staff, especially Pom. I miss her so much. This is my second stay in Hi Mid Bangkok. The great facilities, clean environment, nice room, friendly staff, long period luggage storage, location, ...etc make me miss Hi Mid so much. Will definitely come again for 3nd and 4th time. The common area was so comfortable & lovely. But the WIFI need to log in everytime, not so user friendly. Along the way from BTS to Hostel, there is a stall sellling Coconuts at 15B. Love it!

• 19th Oct 2013