HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

The sidewalk and driveway outside could be a little stinky due to dirty water, but that is not the hostel's fault.

Friendly and helpful staff, the airconditioning worked well and the dorms were well designed but my sheet did not fit my bed and this made the plastic cover on the matress quite uncomfortable. The kitchen was quite small by hostel standards.

• 2nd May 2015

Great location to get around the city and amazing street food on the doorstep. Good facilities; computers, wifi, printing, chill out area and (long and short term) luggage storage. Anything they didn't have the helpful staff told us where we could go and even provided a useful map of the immediate vicinity. I will definitely be staying there again when I'm next in Bangkok.

• 29th Apr 2015

Very clean, nice facilities and good a/c but not the place to meet other travelers

The hotel is in a perfect location, really close to the Victory Monument and the BTS. It's in a nice spot with loads of restaurants and even a market. It's a buzzing area, but you won't hear a thing when you're in your hotel. However. It doesn't necessarily offer value for money. We only stayed one night and we noticed a lot of ants in the bathroom, staining on the bed sheets and our safety deposit box wasn't working. Furthermore, the curtains were completely molded.

Our third stay in a year at HI Mid Bangkok was wonderful, as usual. Cleanliness, service, and facilities are all excellent. Beds are comfortable, and the location is very quiet yet convenient (walking distance to BTS station). There is absolutely nothing to complain about. The only minor thing I would like is more than two clothes hangers in the room.

Thank you for the great place to stay

• 21st Apr 2015

The staff were friendly, efficient and useful.

• 20th Apr 2015

Good place to stay away from the touristy spots and near the skytrain. Very clean new hostel but a bit on the pricey side. Not the most social of hostels but dorm rooms were nice, beds have curtains for privacy which is great.

We only stayed for one night for our last night in Thailand at HI Mid Bangkok. It was the cleanest hostel (we almost felt too luxurious!) out of the all the places that we've stayed. It's located at a convenient location from taking the metro. The staff handed us a hand drawn map of things to do around the hostel - I wish we had received this as we were checking in because we didn't know what to do for a while other than check out the nearby mall. Complimentary breakfast of cereal and toast!

Thank you, very good hostel with friendly and efficient services

• 3rd Apr 2015

Not a party hostel but a great place to sleep. Great common area but it was overshadowed by the giant Alaskan who never seemed to leave. Clean and comfy rooms.

The staff was very helpful and kind. They're also share the drawing map around the hostel. The location is very near from BTS.

Not bad for my second stay at this hostel although the Alaskan guy who has been there for months needs to go home.

This was a good hostel to stay in. It felt very safe and was located close to the train station, the mini bus station, and local markets and food. The staff were nice and helpful.

Great hostel! Very clean!

This hostel wins on many levels. The location is great, the staff very warm and helpful. I needed to leave early the next morning (3:30 AM), and the staff at the desk helped me by calling a taxi for pick up. It is close to the Sky Train, and it was very easy to navigate from the train station. I even received an email with directions and a map, and instructions to give to a taxi. Not all hostels are friendly to older travelers, but this one definitely was! I will definitely stay here again.

• 25th Feb 2015

I'm totally satisfied with your service, and I'm happy to stay in HI Mid Bangkok. However, let me leave only one comment: a window in my room was rattle, and mosquitoes came through it at night, which was a little irritating. If that problem was solved, your hostel can get better.

Hostel is super clean and better than many hotels Ive stayed at. It just was not close to the main tourist hubs and a lot of taxis drivers were very confused on how to get to the hostel. Bathrooms were amazing and provided shampoo and body wash, the was never many people in the common room so it was hard to meet people. Luckily for me I met a nice german girl who happened to stop for a snack in the common room. Beyond that it was very dead. Dorms had there own secure locker and curtain as well

• 23rd Feb 2015

Good staff and good atmosphere! Loved it

« first « Prev 1 2 3