HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Quite far from most of the action in Bangkok. The hostel was not very social at all when we were there. Beds are not very comfortable. Bathrooms were very nice and access to the skytrain is very easy. Overall an "ok" stay but sonething closer to downtown or Kao San would probably be more enjoyable for staying in Bangkok.

Women's bathroom was not working during my stay; the common area is really nice

Very nice place, I'll be sure to come back here when I visit Bangkok again. The only point of criticism I could think of is the high deposit for the key (300 baht), which forced me to change foreign money for bahts somewhere, and then change it back again the next morning since I had to catch a flight to outside of Thailand.

Very busy around the victory monument and very little to do in the Bangkok heat. Apart from that everything else was spot on for the rooms that we got!

It was good single private room. Location is very nice, You can go to anywhere easily. and I satisfied with facilities. A/C, TV, Shower booth, but a little noisy because windows are couldn't block the road car noise totally.

Great place to stay, close to victory monument, helpful staff, clean. Overall very good value for money. I would definitely stay there again!

The "hostel" is more like a hotel. Large room, every day room cleaning with new towels/water etc. Also the staff is very helpful and friendly. The main drawback is location: although a metro station (Victory monument) is close, the center is kind of away. You will have to take a taxi to get there, which is still inexpensive and should cost around 80 Bath (3USD).

Reception staff were so friendly and helpful. Loved the downstairs area and all the books and the comfy bed thing that I accidentally fell asleep in while waiting for my room to be ready! Loved how clean everything was and was very happy with the room :) Would definitely recommend.

• 11th May 2014
  • Scotland

I liked my stay at HI Mid Bangkok very much. There are a few small things that could be improved to make it an even better place. First, add reading lights that can be turned on and off without leaving the bed. Second, add more coat hangers in the rooms. Ours, room 404, had only two. Third, the bathroom plumbing wasn't great: shower water pressure was limited, the drain was slow, and the toilet hose was leaky. In all, these small annoyances wouldn't keep me from staying at HI Mid again.

• 9th May 2014
  • Cambodia

Location in victory monument, near to everywhere. Security is great. The room is clean n sooo nice, like a hotel but without TV in the room, really like the bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpfull. Nice!

Nice hostel. Great location, easy access to public transportation and shopping.

Hostel had good and clean facilities. I liked how the beds had curtains for privacy and there was shampoo/soap/ contact lens solution provided in the girls bathroom. Their living area had plenty of travel guidebooks for southeast asia. Biggest downside is the location. We tried to take a cab from the bus station but our driver got lost. So did our tuktuk driver later on. Not the easiest find from Victory Monument skytrain station, nor particularly near by foot either.

I always stay at this hostel when I am in Bangkok! It is next to the bus station at Victory monument so it is in a convenient location for busses and the BTS and the staff are friendly and helpful. The dorm rooms are also the best dorm rooms I have seen. I always have a very good stay here!

Hotel-like hostel. Very clean and wonderful staff! Decent location, close to the sky train and lots of street food.