HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel! Very clean!

This hostel wins on many levels. The location is great, the staff very warm and helpful. I needed to leave early the next morning (3:30 AM), and the staff at the desk helped me by calling a taxi for pick up. It is close to the Sky Train, and it was very easy to navigate from the train station. I even received an email with directions and a map, and instructions to give to a taxi. Not all hostels are friendly to older travelers, but this one definitely was! I will definitely stay here again.

• 25th Feb 2015

Hostel is super clean and better than many hotels Ive stayed at. It just was not close to the main tourist hubs and a lot of taxis drivers were very confused on how to get to the hostel. Bathrooms were amazing and provided shampoo and body wash, the was never many people in the common room so it was hard to meet people. Luckily for me I met a nice german girl who happened to stop for a snack in the common room. Beyond that it was very dead. Dorms had there own secure locker and curtain as well

• 23rd Feb 2015

There was nothing really special about this hostel, it was clean enough and there was always someone at the desk. Location was great except for the creepy dark alley its down. I disliked having to put my own sheets on my bed, but for this price I shouldn't be surprised. It is not a social type of hostel, its really just for sleeping.

11/10 would come again

Great place in Bangkok!

Loved the hostel itself! I loved that there were curtains on the beds in the dorms, so you could feel like you had a little bit of privacy. The air conditioner in the room was not working, so the room got incredibly hot and humid throughout the night. The location is conveniently next to an MRT station, but there is not much to do at night in the near vicinity. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the place to other travelers!

Great place to stay to see another part of Bangkok. I love that there is food all along that street so you have options. The hostel itself is very modern with very nice facilities (there's hot water). My only complaint is that there aren't lockers and the rooms gets really stuffy at night. There is a/c but I never felt it. I was at the end and could carefully feel a thing. I would come back, hoping that these items are addressed.

Thank you for your valuable feed back. We're happy we were able to accomodate you. Our comfortable rooms have A/C, lockers, access to large bathrooms with 24hr hot water & include bedding/linen and towels. Every bunk has its own locker at the end of the bed. It may be because of our security concern, the locker located too secure to obvious. But we do take your advice for every issues. We are glad and with great pleasure to welcome you back anytime. :)

The guy at the reception was really great and kind. He tried to be as helpful as he could. The rooms were really nice and clean and there is a nice place to hang out in and meet others staying there. Overall great place to stay!

Very clean. Staff was very helpful with everything. Every bunk has its own locker and charging plugs!

I just wish it had been closer to some of the bigger attractions like khao san rd or the grand palace. Other than that it was awesome!

Location is excellent, right next to the victory monument. Staffs were very helpful, whenever I asked something they answered me with smile. Only downfall I can think of is that the bathroom didn't have a soap, but I can afford a soap so it wasn't really a problem. Oh also there's some traffic noise (nothing terrible), so if you are really sensitive with noise, maybe it could disturb your sleep. I wasn't really bothered by it tho. I would recommend this hostel to my friends and families.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Really excellent hostel! Very well located a short walk from the BTS Sky train which is the most convenient way to get around the city. Feels more like authentic BKK than some backpacker places. Rooms really clean and well thought out. Has amazing bathrooms.

Enjoyed my stay at this modern and clean place. I stayed for one night only and choose it for its location, very close to Victory Monument and its busstation. Would stay again

I had a great time at HI Mid Bangkok, definitely recommend it to anyone. Very cosy and chill lobby area, 24 hour staff, secure entry, well located in a local Thai area, close to the train station, plenty to explore. Met some amazing people at the hostel and participated in an outdoor aerobics class with about 250 locals thanks to instructions on a hand drawn/photocopied map that they have for guests. If I return to BK I would definitely come back to HI Mid. 7 eleven close by too. Thumbs up!

Super excellent hostel While it's not in Khao San Rd, that is a positive in many people's books. The BTS is close, so easy to get around. Not crawling with backpackers and partiers. Bunks are built into wall with curtain, own light and two power plugs. Warning, common room is a hive of mosquitos, but then this is South East Asia. I would stay again.

Nice hostel. Good location, clean and atmosphere. Only problem- the air conditioner temperature was too low, I was cold. Maybe it can be adjusted but I didn't try coz I lived in a dorm with some other people.

Best hostel. ! Everything was clean, staff were super helpful, the room downstairs was awesome. Loved meeting new people. Really loved it, thanks heaps. !

• 31st Dec 2014

This takes a 'hostel' to a new level, we had a private room between four of us and it resembled an upmarket hotel. Close to Victory Monument, so excellent for sky train buses and taxi's and that's the main benefit of the place. Staff are fantastic, helpful, friendly and really accommodating. Highly recommended.

Great hostel, a pleasant change from the noisy Khao san hostels.