HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

We enjoyed our stay at Hi Mid Bangkok. The best part was the staff, who were very friendly and let us check in early which is always nice after a long, international flight. I am not sure how the location compares overall in Bangkok but it is located near a Metro terminal which is a plus. The hostel was pretty quiet overall. The rooms were simple but felt clean. They have special key cards to get in the building which made it feel safe. It was good value for the money.

Room was very very noisy. Single glazed Windows Hardly shut. Lots of traffic nearby

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Wales

The hostel had chimes and a small waterfall, little room upstairs to relax so that made a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere while only a couple of minutes from the main street. I would like to suggest a fan in the second floor women's bathroom as it is very hot. The only negative thing is the tour company that the hostel has advertised. Siam Progressive Tours (I think that is the name.) didn't honour the packages as sold, some of their staff were very rude. Really an excellent hostel!

It would be useful if there was a clearer map to the hostel, it is a little difficult to find just from directions. The safe didn't work in our room, but it wasn't a huge issue. The staff were very kind and friendly, they did try to help us with anything we needed. The price was about right for the location and quality of the hostel. No problems with the facilities.

• 5th Jan 2016

Got in very late and left very early the next morning so didn't stick around long but the place seem very nice and relaxing. Only downfall was listening to the Bangkok traffic all night which I know nothing can be done about, but would definitely stay there if I ever visit Bangkok again.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Such a wonderful little hostel. It has everything you need and it's super close to the BTS. Clean, secure, friendly staff. Everything you could want in a short term hostel stay.

Good: location was near the train which was very convenient going to/from the airport & getting around Bangkok. Hostel required card entry to elevators, +1 for safety. Cons: the staff were not very helpful when asked about recommendations, pointed you to the Internet. had a single ensuite room & the shower had half glass wall (no curtain) so bathroom floor was always wet after shower. Bathrooms were never cleaned during my 3 night stay. Had to keep light on for outlets to work.

• 10th Dec 2015

Very informative front desk staff. Spoke great English

• 28th Nov 2015

Amazing authentic Thai hostel. Probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed in during my Asia trip! Would definitely recommend

Amazing hostel. I've stayed here 3 times. Close to the BTS skytrain which allows you to travel easily all over Bangkok. The bathrooms and dorms are very clean and comfortable. They stored two pieces of luggage for 2 months and everything was kept safe exactly how I left it. Nice if you're actually interested in exploring Bangkok and not just getting drunk on Khao San Road (although, only a quick taxi ride away). Great jazz bar in walking distance from hostel.

It was no doubt a value for money stay with very stretegic location at the heart of main location "Victory Monument". All major mall at that area were just on few steps away along with Skytrain as well. The only thing regarding the facilities was that Tv Cable network was not working and less amenities in the washroom. One morething that there was no service boy who could help you in transferring your baggage to the room and no intercom in the room to contact reception.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Pakistan

Such a cool hostel. It was a shame we only stayed for one night, but if I go to Koh Tao again, I'll be sure to stay here. Josh was extremely helpful and arranged an island tour for us with his friend. You guys made this trip. Thanks again!

This hostel was amazing! There were a group of 20 American/English teachers staying here for a few nights and it was such a pleasant stay! We were all traveling to Koh Samui at 9 pm on our checkout day, so instead of having to check out early and carry our massive luggage everywhere, the staff at Mid gave us late checkout for free and even let us store and lock up our bags until we left. So nice of them to do. Would highly recommend staying here!

• 29th Sep 2015

I think it is a great location- super close to the BTS and the airport link.It is located in a very working class/ student neighborhood , so there were heaps of good and cheap food places, bars , live music, a park to work out in, supermarkets and great street food and fashion market every night! A tip : get the hostel t write down the exact location / name of Victory Memorial in Thai - surprisingly most taxi drivers did not know this huge landmark. Helpful in getting home after BTS closes

• 4th Sep 2015