HI Mid Bangkok Reviews

481/3, Rachawithi Rd., Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Location is excellent, right next to the victory monument. Staffs were very helpful, whenever I asked something they answered me with smile. Only downfall I can think of is that the bathroom didn't have a soap, but I can afford a soap so it wasn't really a problem. Oh also there's some traffic noise (nothing terrible), so if you are really sensitive with noise, maybe it could disturb your sleep. I wasn't really bothered by it tho. I would recommend this hostel to my friends and families.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Really excellent hostel! Very well located a short walk from the BTS Sky train which is the most convenient way to get around the city. Feels more like authentic BKK than some backpacker places. Rooms really clean and well thought out. Has amazing bathrooms.

Enjoyed my stay at this modern and clean place. I stayed for one night only and choose it for its location, very close to Victory Monument and its busstation. Would stay again

Super excellent hostel While it's not in Khao San Rd, that is a positive in many people's books. The BTS is close, so easy to get around. Not crawling with backpackers and partiers. Bunks are built into wall with curtain, own light and two power plugs. Warning, common room is a hive of mosquitos, but then this is South East Asia. I would stay again.

Best hostel. ! Everything was clean, staff were super helpful, the room downstairs was awesome. Loved meeting new people. Really loved it, thanks heaps. !

• 31st Dec 2014

This takes a 'hostel' to a new level, we had a private room between four of us and it resembled an upmarket hotel. Close to Victory Monument, so excellent for sky train buses and taxi's and that's the main benefit of the place. Staff are fantastic, helpful, friendly and really accommodating. Highly recommended.

Great hostel, a pleasant change from the noisy Khao san hostels.

Great hostel for enthusiastic travellers who go there and here for sightseeing cos there is BTS and sort of middle of bkk but for some travellers who like chilling out, making friends and wandering at night, this hostel is not the right place.

Lovely staff, great seating area on top floor, clean, comfy and easy enough to find! Just off the main road so not very noisy! Cheap beers for sale in reception too for when the stores stop serving during the day. Thank you! Would stay again.

Private room was excellent, clean, lovely bathroom. Slightly out of the centre, away from khao San road but really close to the sky train station so no problem and worth the train ride.

fantastic hostel! No complaints at all!

I is cozy, clean and privacy. I really love it.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Thailand

This hostel is always really helpful. They help with everything and they don't make it seem like an inconvenience, even though I was a guest with a lot of questions/issues. This place is my first choice to land when in BKK.

This was my second stay at HI Mid. It's so easy to get to from Victory Monument, which makes it perfect when stopping through Bangkok on the way to somewhere else. The staff has always been super friendly, and everything is very clean. I will be staying here any time I need to come through Bangkok!!

• 15th Dec 2014

Thanks for everything I loved this hostel !! The decoration is very nice. The staff is heldful. The dorms and bathroom were very nice !

• 11th Dec 2014

Best Hostel i have ever been!!! Felt very secure! Possiblity to wash laundry. Nice terrace on the 5th floor. Hostel visitor would say its a litte bit expensive but you have feeling of being in a nice hotel!

• 10th Dec 2014

Very nice place, near BTS to take us every where. Easy to go by bus or taxi. We can reach some attractions by foot too. Many great street food vendors along the street near hostel starts from 5pm. We can go to nice cafes, restaurants and more street food near Aksra Theatre that is just across the street, only 10 minutes walk. The room and bathroom are clean. I like the light snacks that they provide every morning. Friendly staff. I'd like to stay again someday.

Daytime staff was great, night staff was so rude that I would have left the place immediately had it not been 2200. The mattresses and pillows are that thick plastic and not very comfortable, and they give you a sheet to make your own bed which I found strange. Good showers and decent common area, but nobody hung out there. Included breakfast is rubbish - toast and coffee/tea only. About 5-10 walk to the metro. It's ok for a short stay, but there's better hostels and locations in Bangkok.

Had a good stay for one night in a private room. A bit isolated, not much life for a Saturday, but it was convenient and a good place to land immediately after flying in. Free breakfast was a bonus.

• 8th Nov 2014

Another great stay at this hostel. Helpful staff and excellent room and facilities.