HI-Monterey Hostel Reviews

778 Hawthorne Street, Monterey, California, USA

great experience and meet new friends here

Good location, friendly staff.

This hostel is very clean and the staff very friendly. This is a place to relax and get de-stress. Convenient to everything located in Monterey and plenty of parking. There was only one caveat during my stay...was the smell of my room the first two nights, which smelt a little like a wet dog. Though, it may be my roommates than the room. Otherwise, it was a nice stay altogether.

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed in, spacious kitchen, common area and abundance of showers and comfortable bedding in the room. Staff was very curtious, kitchen stocked with essentials in case I wanted to cook and I felt an overall sense of belonging and togetherness. Great place to stay, would come back!

• 5th Feb 2014

Good mood

Nice hostel, I think!

HI-staff is excellent, accommodating, and helpful. Each of the 3 or 4 that I met during my 3-night stay. This hostel is unusual to any other hostel i've ever stayed in, but in-keeping with all other hostels, I learned a lot about people and myself.

I looooooved this place!!!!!

Very nice on the inside (despite the looks from the outside), with a great lounge. Only a 5 min walk from the Acquarium and most of the fun stuff in Monterey.

Loved it!