HI Monterey Reviews

778 Hawthorne Street, Monterey, USA

the assistant is friendly. the atmosphere in hostel is so amazing. I like the piano in the living room of the hostel.

An excellent stop along our drive from SFO to LA. Would highly recommend. A very "clean" hostel in both senses of the word - the coin tokens for the shower are a great green initiative. Free breakfast (pancakes)!!! Next time I drive highway 1, I'll definitely be stopping again!

facilities were great. plenty of new appliances in the kitchen including dish washer and various stoves. huge tv and games to play with. we were given a code and while it worked, the door itself didn't actually lock. there were also no locks on site to use on the lockers. there weren't many people and my friend and i basically had the room to ourselves so we didn't bother with getting more secured but still disappointing. staff were friendly with their suggestions on how to get around

• 18th Dec 2015

Fantastic! The staff were amazing. They made cookies spontaneously and made morning pancakes. Hostel was very clean and well presented. Stunning. I'd certainly stay again if I found myself in Monterey.

The hostel is very family freindly but therefore a little quiet if you are travelling with friends. Overall very nice and good facilities and kitchen! Helpful and freindly staff

• 21st Nov 2015

Hard to be negative about this place in any way, it's a pretty small hostel but perfectly good. I don't think any lockers are available, or at least we weren't offered them, and my buddy had his phone charger stolen but they replaced it out of the hostel's own pocket straight away.

Perfect hostel close to everything you need nice staff and amazing breakfast

Why not alcohol?

Everyone was very helpful! Thank You!

Loved it here - they have the comfiest mattresses ever! Super helpful too when I was trying to book a car rental! Great place and Monterey is lovely too!

Great hostel in a great location - loved the giant living room! :) Only downside was that if we left our dorm window open it was easily accessible through the side street as it was ground floor, so had to keep it shut so intruders couldn't get in.

Nice cheap alternative in an expensive place. Dorms were comfy enough, and the facilities were good. Alot of people just stopping over for the one night so atmosphere was a bit lacking.

The staff were extremely helpful. I unfortunately cant remember the name of the guy who assisted me, but he droive my rental car back when I had to rush to make a train journey. Absolute class, the hostel was nice too with a good communal area.

• 17th Sep 2015

I liked the calm atmosphere that gave me the feeling that I could just have a break of organising and running around cities to see everything during my trip. I can definitly recommend this hostel to those ones who want to travel the freeway no 1 to start off here or those ones who just need to calm down for a short time. It's a familiar atmosphere with nice people.

The staff where very helpfully and attentive, Surprised how comfortable the beds were!! Restful Sleep for sure!

The hostel keeper was friendly and helpful, accommodating. The other guest we're also very accommodating and very interesting to talk with. The breakfast that they serve both days was beyond my expectations and brought the group together eating and cleaning up afterwards. After a long day of sightseeing Monterey, I was ready for a comfortable night sleep in a room share with seven other travelers and the next thing I knew it was morning and fully rested and ready for a new Day of adventures.

• 5th Sep 2015

Beautifully kept hostel, excellent location, very clean and calm. The only thing slightly lacking was atmosphere - very quiet. Breakfast was fantastic, would def stay in again if I come back to Monterey :)

I had a great stay here, staff were always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great, only a short walk from cannery row and the aquarium. Would defiantly go back again