9.0
Superb 452 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 452 Total Reviews
HI Monterey Located at 778 Hawthorne Street, , Monterey.
USA
Monterey CA 93940 778 Hawthorne Street
90% 452
36.6152348 -121.9042325
    Rooms available

• Northern Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

The hostel has been recently refurbished and the common room is a fantastic space to hang out. The wifi is great and pancakes in the morning were delicious.

• santisaap1528
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
6th Aug 2016

Great living room and friendly staff!

Great guests make everything!

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2016
8.0

The hostel is clean and the beds comfy... it is an ideal place to relax and wind down and I would stay again. On the other hand there is nothing in the way of socialising or organised events and even when I asked a member of staff what I should do in Monterey they couldn't give me much advice (despite there being lots to do... I did the aquarium, a whale watch tour, scenic drive, old state museums, etc). Maybe they should think about organising tours or something to bring people together?

24th Jul 2016

I loved everything about this hostel. The staff was helpful and informative. They told us how to find places and cooked us pancakes in the morning. The gigantic living room was so relaxing and inviting, inspiring conversations between travelers of different countries. I finished my watercolor painting here, ate wedding cupcakes and listened to a local flamenco guitarist play in the misty morning as we packed to leave the next morning. I can't wait to return.

• USA, Male, 18-24
17th Jul 2016
8.0

Never stayed at a hostel before. It was a great experience and definitely would do it again. I met a girl from England. She was really cool. We ended up traveling for a bit as she was heading to Santa Barbara and I Los Angeles, taking pictures as we were driving the beautiful coast. I would highly recommend Hi Hostel. I felt safe. It was clean. Good sleep. Definitely what I needed as I continued my road trip. -Michael

• Canada, Female, 31-40
5th Jul 2016
6.9

No lockers available for those in dorms.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
6.3

Overall it was a rundown hostel with no atmosphere. The bathrooms were dirty and you need shower tokens which means the showers are limited.

27th Jun 2016

Adorable and very clean, probably the most quiet hostel I've ever stayed at. Definitely not a party hostel! Short walk to the aquarium and cannery row, and a little longer walk along the coast to fisherman's wharf. Staff was helpful and friendly. Only downside was no lockers - though I didn't really feel I needed them.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2016

Lovely clean hostel, close to the Aquarium and a short walk from Fisherman's Wharf. Five minute drive to Lover's Point where you can watch a beautiful sunset. Very friendly staff who offered advice on what to do and where to go. Very clean hostel, relaxed atmosphere, and family friendly - big common area with big tv, music playing, and games available. Nice chilled vibes - perfect after long day of driving. Would recommend!

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Jun 2016

Excellent staff, clean and functional rooms and facilities, free breakfast cooked on the spot. Fast Wi-Fi No security lockers (although there ARE secure bike lockers), can be a slightly confusing hike for someone walking there and unfamiliar with Monterey's geography and roads (and running on 4 hours of sleep aka Me!!)