HI - Monterey Reviews

778 Hawthorne Street, Monterey, USA

Great place. Nice and quiet

• 25th Jul 2014

a home away from home.

Great hostel and staff!! My only suggested improvement would be some lockers inside the rooms/dorms. Everthing else was great.

Great staff! They were very kind and helpful. Good vibes. Good location, walking distance to the wharf. Spacious, welcoming common area and kitchen. Only complaint is the left over hair found on my bed and shower towel.

• 23rd May 2014

Monterey AHY HI is an excellent stay over; great staff, knowledgeable and smart; friendly as well; lower your prices!

• 21st May 2014

Temperpedic mattresses are the coolest thing ever to find in a hostel. Definitely not typical, but certainly welcomed! The breakfast setup was confusing, wasn't sure what cups to use or how to do oatmeal or where the supposed pancake mix was.

The guy who works there is really friendly and interesting to talk to. He even tried to help me getting better from my cold. I like their policy of being an eco-friendly hostel. Dorm rooms big and breakfast by donation, which is a really nice idea.

This is a very homely hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Facilities were excellent, clean. Great kitchen and free pancakes in the morning was a nice touch! The hostel was quite quiet in the evening and there was a curfew also, so if you are in town to party this might not be for you.

great experience and meet new friends here

Good location, friendly staff.

This hostel is very clean and the staff very friendly. This is a place to relax and get de-stress. Convenient to everything located in Monterey and plenty of parking. There was only one caveat during my stay...was the smell of my room the first two nights, which smelt a little like a wet dog. Though, it may be my roommates than the room. Otherwise, it was a nice stay altogether.

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed in, spacious kitchen, common area and abundance of showers and comfortable bedding in the room. Staff was very curtious, kitchen stocked with essentials in case I wanted to cook and I felt an overall sense of belonging and togetherness. Great place to stay, would come back!

• 5th Feb 2014