HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Everything was amazing but the shower needed some cleaning

We will make sure that all showes are perfectly clean at all time!! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Cool hostel but it smelled strange. They have s little bar in the basement but could be improved. Staff was friendly. Good location.

Thanks for the feedback and all comments are fully noted! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Great staff members.

On the whole, this is a great hostel with an awesome location and friendly staff. There are lockers in the room, but make sure you bring your own padlock. I arrived early and it was no problem to store my luggage at the hostel until it was tiem to check in. The only thing I would criticize about this hostel is that the water in the shower was cold in the afternoon. I had just arrived from the US on a bus and wanted to clean up, but apparently they only turn on the hot water at night.

Super kind and helpful staff, enjoyed my stay there :)

Woot Woot! :) Thanks! Nic, hostel manager

The room was clean with some of the outlets working, but only when the light switch is left on. There was no soap in the dispenser but there was in the shower dispenser. The shower was filthy with dried clumps of snot on the wall along with long hairs which were not cleaned off at all in the 5 days I stayed there. Employees weren't rude but definitely weren't poilite with exception to the bar staff which were great. First stay at a hostel and definitely not thrilled for my next.

• 12th Aug 2015

Hi and thanks for your feedback. Staying at the HI-Montréal hostel should be a clean, safe and fun experience for all. I work with the team to correct the situation for your next visit! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

I had a good stay during a week. I did not have any issues. The staff was helpful and gave me directions of places where to go eat and places to visit. The location is great. A block away from a metro station. Two blocks from the buzzing St. Catherins street. I enjoyed the walking tour we did with a guide from the Hostal!

• 9th Aug 2015

Great your liked your stay! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

A TV room would be good for a quieter space. Location is too far from the city centre but at least close to a metro station. Liked the smaller rooms and bar/kitchen area

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

Not the cleanest hostel ever but overall a fantastic hostel with friendly and helpful staff and beyond adequate rooms. Great location to the city and nearby both major bus and metro stations made getting around easy, not to mention its short walk away from downtown food and shopping. Not the greatest breakfast but was good for a free snack every morning. Didn't like having to clean my own dishes but mainly because I didn't like depending on other people staying there to clean a dish I may use.

Bonjour and thank you for the extensive feedback! I am happy that you had a good stay with us and I have already passed the message to the team concerning cleanliness. We want nothing less than to be a spotless hostel! Hoping to see you again in the near future! Nic, hostel manager

good value for money. good breakfast but its really cold no heating so only a few nights is enough. kitchen really good with cheap supermarket nearby. group of lads came back from pub crawl with no bed to sleep in so staff came in at 3 am in morning to check our names to make sure we had paid for the room! not good!

Bonjour and thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the trouble with checking of the names.. That should obviously never occur and we will double our vigilance to prevent it from happening again! Good to know that you still had a good time! All the best, Nicolas

Friendly staff and excellent activities every day (most free). As a solo traveller I met many people from around the world and enjoyed my stay very much.

• 21st Jul 2015

Great! We are currently working on a new city walking tour around the old Irish quarter of Montréal. I hope you can come and check it out sometimes soon! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Great location!

we're dowtown... visitors can't fail choosing us! :) hostel manager

nice place. great staff.

Really nice place! Helpful staff, good breakfast, nice, spacious and well-stocked kitchen. Also fantastic location.

• 23rd Jun 2015

GRRRRRRREAT! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

This place is just awesome! I enjoyed my stay so much! They guy with the dreadlocks is really nice and helped me a lot, he also spoke Spanish to me I was there for a short stay in Montréal after Amnesia Rock Fest The only thing I didn't like at all were the bunk beds, if the person moves a little bit the whole bed shakes and makes noises and it was uncomfortable at night I could hear very girl moving The free breakfast could be a little bit better, think about adding yogurt or almond milk.

Bonjour and thanks for your suggestions… I’ll pass it along to the Bistro manager and I’ll make sure to pass the positive comments to the dreadlocks guy! :) Hasta la proxima! Nic, hostel manager

The rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms could use a facelift. Location is excellent since it is in a quiet area but very near a metro station and downtown.

Thanks for the kind words! Hoping to see you again soon! Nic, hostel manager

I had a great stay at the Hostel and in the city. I was bicycling and they were very accommodating in securely storing my bicycle as well as providing directions for my daily outings.

We like to see Montréal as a bicycle friendly city and most of our team are daily bicycle users, so we know the very best spots to enjoy Montréal on 2 weels! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Nice hostel including good location. Excellent breakfast including cereals, fruits and juice. Nice kitchen as well. They have nice attractions organized by the hostel.

Thanks for that and Au Revoir! Nic, hostel manager

Great staff, handy location and clean. Very sociable with a fun mix of people and ages. I went on the walking tour which was really good, Wendy and Jimmy did an excellent job. Only downside was my room (a twin) was pretty small and the bed wasn't great - too small for me, I'm 6.4". Overall an excellent stay and I would definitely come back.

I'll pass the good words to Wendy and Jimmy! Cheers, Nic, hostel manager