HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Everything is Goooood

GRRRRRREAT! ;) Nic, hostel manager

I enjoyed my stay at this HI hostel. People were friendly, the food was good, I enjoyed the spacious bar and common room downstairs, and had everything I needed. And the price was excellent!

Beautiful! Tx! Nic., hostel manager

HI-Montreal was very clean and in a pretty good location - close to enough downtown. Not exactly walking distance to clubs (especially if you're in heels!!), so I'd recommend taking a taxi. The hostel was great overall, except for the fact that my friend and I were charged a "booking fee" apparently from Hostelworld (said the receptionist) when we thought the payment was a deposit payable towards our stay. Be sure to read the fine print on this one!!

Bonjour and thank you for leaving your feedback! Great to know that you had a good time with us. Regarding the clubs and bars, maybe we should have pointed to the ones that are nearby since we are located just 2 blocks from some of the best spots for nightlife in Montréal... Next time I suppose! ;) Bon Voyage, Nicolas, hostel manager

Doors make loud slam when closing by themselves

• 25th Jul 2014

Bonjour and thanks for leaving your feedbacks! Sorry about the doors slaming! We normally check them on a regular basis, but I will make sure to fix the door of the room you were in right today! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Would definitely stay again. Great location and great staff. Couldn't think of a complaint if I had to.

• 10th Jul 2014

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

great experience! Very lovely hostel. They were repainting while I was there so I'm expecting it to look even better. I also appreciated the cafe in the basement. I can't eat wheat and dairy so standard hostel breakfast never works out for me. At this hostel you can buy extra breakfast so I got eggs and home fries (you have to pay but it's super reasonable) so I left happy for the day.

Excellent location in Downtown Montreal, great continental breakfast (though the paid version that you can get through their kitchen is even better!) and lightening fast wi-fi, which was refreshing after struggling with poor signals in Western Canada. Staff members are helpful, and the building's a/c was a godsend during the days of my visit when the heat and humidity was off the charts...!

Very chill and friendly atmosphere. I will definitely stay there again. Do yourself a favor and book it.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

great place to meet new people!

The breakfast was excellent! Super friendly amd helpful staff. Kitchen needs more knifes. Backyard would e supernice...

Hi! Thanks for the feedbacks and the kind words! I'll make sure to buy more knifes as soon as tomorrow! ;) Bon Voyage, Nicolas

This hostel has an excellent location in downtown Montreal. If you're coming from the airport the airport bus stops almost outside the hostel. The staff is very friendly and help you with all your questions. See full review at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g155032-d185724-r211904871-HI_Montreal_Hostel-Montreal_Quebec.html

Excellent accommodation for the price. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Conveniently located to many points of interest, restaurants and stores. It has a great atmosphere for a solo traveler to get to know people from all over the world. I would definitely stay again and recommend to a friend.

This hostel has an excellent location in downtown Montreal. If you're coming from the airport the airport bus stops almost outside the hostel. The staff is very friendly and help you with all your questions. I stayed in the 10-man dorm and the bed where comfortable. Linen is included in the fee and there is also lockers in the room (one for each bed). They have free-wifi that actually reach all the way up to the room. The breakfast is simple but free: bread, juice, coffe/tee and bananas.

Beautiful, thanks! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

I've stayed at quite a few hostels and this ranks with the top ones. The staff was awesome and they had a bunch of suggestions for food/bars. The metro is literally around the corner which is awesome too. My sister and I shared a room with its own bathroom so I can't vouch for the dorm style living spaces, but we had a great experience.

• 17th Jun 2014

Great and helpful staff! Rooms were very clean and even with 10 people dorm we had privacy. Breakfast with bagels was tasty and location was super.

Very good choice in Montreal! They had lockers and the location was excellent! Subway station one block away. Old town is also within walking distance. Staff was nice and friendly. There was also breakfast included. Breakfast is simple but decent. I recommend this hostel!

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Thoroughly enjoyable stay - thankyou.

• 6th Jun 2014

Bienvenue! Nic, hostel manager

I loved my stay at Hi Montreal. If ever I come back to Montreal I will definitely prefer to stay at your hotel.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

And you will welcome! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Everyone was really friendly and I met lots of fellow guests in the communal areas. En suite bathroom facilities were fantastic.

Merci! :) Nic, hostel manager

The continental breakfast could be improved; the options were scant. The coffee was very watery and weak. At least improve the coffee to a better and stronger brand.

• 23rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Bonjour! Thanks for your feedback... Clearly, bad coffee is not acceptable and since most of the staff here (including myself) is «coffeeholic», we are normally ensuring that the coffee offered at the hostel is up to the highest expectations! :) That said, I will forward the message to the Bistro manager!!! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager