HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Great location!

we're dowtown... visitors can't fail choosing us! :) hostel manager

nice place. great staff.

Really nice place! Helpful staff, good breakfast, nice, spacious and well-stocked kitchen. Also fantastic location.

• 23rd Jun 2015

GRRRRRRREAT! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

This place is just awesome! I enjoyed my stay so much! They guy with the dreadlocks is really nice and helped me a lot, he also spoke Spanish to me I was there for a short stay in Montréal after Amnesia Rock Fest The only thing I didn't like at all were the bunk beds, if the person moves a little bit the whole bed shakes and makes noises and it was uncomfortable at night I could hear very girl moving The free breakfast could be a little bit better, think about adding yogurt or almond milk.

Bonjour and thanks for your suggestions… I’ll pass it along to the Bistro manager and I’ll make sure to pass the positive comments to the dreadlocks guy! :) Hasta la proxima! Nic, hostel manager

The rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable. The bathrooms could use a facelift. Location is excellent since it is in a quiet area but very near a metro station and downtown.

Thanks for the kind words! Hoping to see you again soon! Nic, hostel manager

I had a great stay at the Hostel and in the city. I was bicycling and they were very accommodating in securely storing my bicycle as well as providing directions for my daily outings.

We like to see Montréal as a bicycle friendly city and most of our team are daily bicycle users, so we know the very best spots to enjoy Montréal on 2 weels! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Nice hostel including good location. Excellent breakfast including cereals, fruits and juice. Nice kitchen as well. They have nice attractions organized by the hostel.

Thanks for that and Au Revoir! Nic, hostel manager

Great staff, handy location and clean. Very sociable with a fun mix of people and ages. I went on the walking tour which was really good, Wendy and Jimmy did an excellent job. Only downside was my room (a twin) was pretty small and the bed wasn't great - too small for me, I'm 6.4". Overall an excellent stay and I would definitely come back.

I'll pass the good words to Wendy and Jimmy! Cheers, Nic, hostel manager

Great atmosphere for meeting people, and the staff and activities were excellent. The kecard kept wiping itself though, when kept with my phone or not, so I had to get it renewed several times in less than a week

I'll see what's going on with the key cards and fix it if I can! Thanks for letting me know! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Nice hostel - pleasant staff and very clean, safe and secure. Could do with having power points / reading lights for each bed. Not in the most interesting part of town but metro station is a two minute walk away.

• 7th May 2015

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

I really liked the hostel. I've had an amazing four days and really liked the activities the hostel organizes. They do a lot of fun stuff to make you feel comfortable. The room was nice, bathroom was clean, there was a big kitchen! Overall, I really enjoyed myself!

Great! Thanks for the good feedback and hopefuly we'll see you again soon! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Stayed here for two nights. Staffs sre very nice and helpful. Meeting new people from different countries and with different age groups. It has many activities during the week. Plus the breakfast is very good given the price per night. Just don't have air conditioning which makes room uncomfortable in the summer time. And the room I stayed has very limited power outlets so it's difficult to charge your devices within a reachable range.

• 5th May 2015
  • China

Hi and thanks for the comments. Indeed, there should be more electrical outlets in each rooms and hopefully we will manage to add some more in a near future. Au Revoir! Nic, hostel manager

Nice and affordable place to stay. Conveniently located near the metro. Friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast. My only gripe was the shower drain was clogged in the bathroom. Other than that, I had a pleasant 3-night stay in this hostel.

Great place. I just stayed a few nights. No complaints, just a good quality, well run hostel, clean and comfortable, safe dorms, I was in a female dorm, and a relaxed vibe downstairs where you can cook or buy food.

The staff was very friendly. The location is great. It was a great place to stay when traveling alone.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

MERCI BEAUCOUP! :) Nic, hostel manager

I was overcharged for my stay,IT WAS TAKEN FOR GRANTED THAT I WAS NOT A HI MEMBER,WHICH I AM. JUST AS WELL I CHECKED THIS. NOTHING IN LIFE SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED. THE BED I WAS ALLOCATED WAS ALREADY TAKEN AND THE ONLY SPARE BED HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED UP.IT WAS NOT A GOOD START. MY DAY HAD ALREADY BEEN LOUSY AND THIS ALMOST TIPPED ME OVER THE EDGE. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WORSE LUCK I CANNOT CLEARLY SHOW THIS IN MY SURVEY.

Hi, Well, the least we can say is that we could clearly have done a better job and I will make sure to pass the message to all the team! Hoping that the rest of your trip has been smoother and nicer! Safe Travels! Nic, hostel manager

All was good but the non-members 5€ charge for every night not included in the final price is really annoying. However, it is probably the only bad thing of the hostel.

Hi, Great to know that you had a good time with us! That said, I agree that not everyone know that we are a member based organization and we should do better work at spreading the word. Your comment is fully noted and will be passed to the marketing team! Au Revoir and Safe Travels! Nic, hostel manager

The location is pretty good, a few meters from the subway exit. Public area is good but the room is kind cold feeling, might be the color of the sheets or the bed. People I met are cute. Breakfast is just something cant be put into mouth

On behalf of the cute people you met: THANKS! ;) Nic, hostel manager

Plug is not available on every bed.