HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Amazing stay! I love how it wasn't one big room for the largest group of people, but rather it was split. I also liked that our bathroom was in the room, and we didn't have to go wandering outside the room.

• 6th Feb 2016

Very friendly staff! Having a bar was definitely a big plus :)

The shower was pretty terrible, could only get luke warm water one morning and the night before could only get scolding hot. Staff weren't particularly unformative about the area and what was around and so close to the hostel on arrival which was a bit of a disappointment as we later found out how close we were to awesome shopping and food places. Breakfast was good and the kitchen an laundry facilities were really good.

Could not fault this place at all, after coming up from the US where hostels are $50 it was a relief to be paying $15 a night for a comfy bed and free breakfast. Atmosphere was excellent with many people down for a good time. Location couldn't be any better with it being just a few blocks away from the central train station. Will stay here again.

That is music to our ears! Thanks! :) Nic, hostel manager

I had a great time at HI-Montreal! Dorms are spacious and lockers are provided. The included breakfast is what you'd except in a hostel: bagels, toast, eggs, fruit, and juice, which is good. All volunteers & staff try their best to make your stay as good as possible! The hostel's bar has a really nice atmosphere, which is why it's easy to meet other people when you're travelling alone. The hostel also organizes activities, such as walking tours, pubcrawls, and ice skating. Would stay here again!

It wasn't the best hostel I've stayed. Wouldn't stay back here. But it is an ok hostel, just the rooms are old and the bathroom too. Location is good, very close to the subway what is really helpful.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback online. I apologize if you could not enjoy your stay at the hostel to its fullest. I promise that we take good notes of all feedback we get in order to always improve our facilities wherever and whenever we can! Safe Travels! Nic, hostel manager

We had a great time at HI-Montreal. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and quite. Would definitely recommend!

• 30th Dec 2015

Beautiful!| Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Best trip of my life. Would easily come back.

• 29th Dec 2015

I would definitely stay there again! Staff was super nice and helpful, thanks for helping us find a spot to park our car :) breakfast was very good, and the bar downstairs was a great place to meet people and just hang out. The room was kind of small but it did the trick anyway

this place is just amazing beyond word, located near the metro/ train station and city centre makes this hostel really convenient for staying.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

This is the way to go! It is very financially reasonable and youth environment. The location of the hostle is excellent too. My friend and I had a really good time. Thanks for the excellent sercice!!!

• 25th Dec 2015

You're welcome!! Nic, hostel manager

I stayed there because of location (it was three blocks away from a sick relative I was caring for). Very clean, and a good atmosphere. My only concern was that the opening and closing of doors might keep me awake ( the doors themselves are solid, and thus loud in closing), but that was not a problem in the end -- I slept fine.

• 25th Dec 2015

Thanks for the feedback... We'll definitely look at it! Nic, hostel manager

Had a grear stay. Perfect, easy location to get around. Very friendly & helpful staff...they have great suggestions for food places. Highly recommend this hostel for a clean, relaxed, mellow stay. Miss it already :)

• 18th Dec 2015

... and you're are missed too! :) Nic, hostel manager

I had an amazing time in Montreal. The breakfast was great.

it was a very pleasant stay, I'd recommend it to anyone. The staff are very polite and helpful, the beds were comfortable and clean and the room had its own private shower and bathroom. Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed in as far as value and overall facilities and atmosphere go.

Woot Woot! Thanks!!! Nic, hostel manager

Great atmosphere, lovely staff, very clean!

MERCI! Nic, hostel manager

This hostel is great. Nice big rooms, free brekky and social bar downstairs. Easy walking distance around Montreal but also near to a metro. Would stay here again.

Kind and friendly staff.

• 25th Nov 2015

And the team thank you very much for those good words! :) Nic, hostel manager

Best HI hostel I've ever been!

Really good size room, I was in the largest female form. The bathroom was fine. Breakfast was great, the kitchen was so big so you make your own dinners! The whole common area was awesome, plus the bar stuff are super friendly and fun! Took me on a wild night out in downtown Montreal! Love it. Would definitely return when I go back to Montreal!

« first « Prev 1 2 3