HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Great bar/breakfast set-up in the basement.

• 14th Nov 2014

We pride ourselves with having the cheapest beer in town!!! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

I had a good stay. perfectly located. thumbs up to all the beautiful girls working at the reception, always being helpful and smiling.

I'll let the beautiful girls working at the front desk know about your kind comments! On their behalf, thanks! :) Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

There's nothing I would change, a great stay and a great hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014

ok, we won't change anything! ;) Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

This is pretty much the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Close to the train station (STM Orange Line/AMT Station LUCIEN-L’ALLIER). The place is very clean and the service is great. Those that work are extremely helpful. The bar in the kitchen pulls in all the cool travelers to talk to. My only regret here was that I couldn't stay an extra week (and that I was in a room that I was in wasn't getting good WIFI). All in all, I'd stay here again the next time I come to Montreal.

and we'll be here preparing your next stay with us! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

gooooooood!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

GRRRRRRRREAT! :) Nic, hostel manager

Good location, but could involve a lot of walking to some attractions, but defiantly all within walking distance. Great nightlife nearby. Hostel was well decorated and maintained, welcoming, clean and had such comfy beds, with amazing duvets. I cannot believe how cheap it was as well, especially including breakfast. The best hostel I have been too by far, highly recommended. Evening activities were good fun too.

• 13th Oct 2014

MERCI!!! :) Nic, hostel manager

The area is very touristy, rooms were way too hot and the lights didn't work majority of the week. I wouldn't recommend this place for anything over 2 nights

• 11th Oct 2014

Bonjour and thanks for your feedback. Neddless to say that all lights should be working at all time and the temperature should also be pleasant for all. Our maintenance person has already taken care of it all! Au Revoir, Nicolas, hostel manager

The location is good and all the staff are super kind!!!!

Merci!! :) Nic, hostel manager

Very good hostel! Clean, safe and friendly staff!

Grrrrrreat! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

perfect for it's price, great for young people.

We hope to be the best spot in Montréal for the young.... and for all! :) Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Have a good social bar / dining area. Very good location and breakfast. Rooms and beds could be updated....one bed was broken and room needs some repairs/updates.

Bonjour! I will have the bed checked and fixed right now!! Thanks, Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

I had an awesome time staying here. With the great activities organised by the hostel and the cool bar downstairs the it's a very social hostel. The knowledgeable and friendly staff were always ready with recommendations. An excellent place to stay.

• 29th Sep 2014

Very comfortable bed in my four-bed dorm. Room was really well ventilated. Lobby looked really nice.

cheers! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

I really enjoyed staying here! The staff were very accommodating and showed us where the best places to go were in the town. The hostel itself was pleasing to the eye and facilities did the job. One thing I would say didn't do it for me was the joining room because people would be going in and out all of the time. However, overall I would recommend staying at HI-Montreal. We had fun.

-great staff who were able to provide excellent recommendations

• 12th Sep 2014

it's easy! we love our job! :) Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Really big hostel with spacious rooms - but unsociable layout (my bed was tucked away in a corner so I couldn't see anyone else in the room - ok if you just want to sleep, but not the best for making travel buddies). Wifi pretty poor, ok downstairs but more or less useless in room. Bathrooms nice and clean. Can get noisy with crowds in the garden at night. Good bfast selection and great location to the old town. Good activities on offer each day, not v.sociable hostel otherwise good

Bonjour, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave you feedback online. Sorry you could not socialize as much as you wanted despite our bar and our daily activities that are created precisely to enhance socialization among all guests… As for the WIFI, it should work super good in every corner of the hostel and I will definitely investigate to see what have happened and to ensure it works as supposed! Bon Voyage, Nicolas, hostel manager

Very nice place to go, you can cook yourself and have a lot of space for it :) very good price

Please note: only good cooks are allowed to use our kitchen facilities! ;)) Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Great hostel, great athmosphere, very nice staff. The bike tour was great, special thx to Gabrielle!

and I'll pass te message to Gabrielle!!! Nic, hostel manager

Fantastic overall experience at the HI-Montreal! Location is great -super close to metro station- and atmosphere and facilities were great!

• 24th Aug 2014

Thanks and... Bon Voyage!! Nic, hostel manager

I was very satisfied with the hostel. Location is really nice!

And it was great to have you staying with us! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager