HI-Montreal

Fabulous 1789 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2017
7.1

stay was great except for a very unpleasant interaction with a staff member when I had some simple clarification questions. I recieved snappy comments, unpleasant glares "the seriously look" and he ignored the situation after originally him and the other staff member were talking to me. I was told I would have to check in and out and move rooms for the duration of my stay. I was simply clarifying this request & asking about the secruity of the luggage room as I was traveling with valuables.

Hello and thank you for the feedback, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the issue with the staff member, I can assure you that we take all comments seriously. All feedback are shared with all the team in order to offer the best experience possible to all guests staying with us. Happy Travels, Nicolas

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

Amazing staff and lots of free activities as well as free breakfast! Great place to stay.

Great to read that you enjoyed the hostel a lot...! I hope that you really liked the city too! :) Nic, hostel manager

• Australia, Male, 25-30
18th Apr 2017
7.7

It's right in the middle of the city, great location. Great staff willing to assist with my queries.

Thanks. All the team love working here, and it’s great to know that we assists all our guests properly! Happy Travels, Nic, hostel manager

14th Apr 2017
8.0

A good hostel, everything in Montreal within reasonable walking distance. Service at the bar very slow but rooms/bathrooms etc all good

Hello and thank you for the positive review. We have indeed been taken by surprise with some particularly busy evenings (and great parties!) at the bar lately and we are working at improving the speed of the food and drink service! Happy Travels, Nic, hostel manager

8th Apr 2017

Best place

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2017
7.1

Great location and very clean. However had a bad experience with the bar staff. Ordered food, waited an hour and when I went to ask about it, was told they'd forgotten it. Waited another half an hour and went up again. Was told they couldn't find me so had eaten it and that the kitchen was now closed. Wasn't busy and I was sitting directly in front of them. They were extremely rude about it and ruined my experience at the hostel. Must say though the front desk staff were wonderful and helpful.

Hi and thank you for your review. As head of the food & beverages department, i want to personally apologize for the poor service you received while at our bar. We normally go above and beyond to offer a great service to all guests but it appears we let you down on this one. While mistakes can happen, the staff should've fixed their mistake rather than simply saying the kitchen was closed. I've already met with the staff involved to make sure this situation won't happen again. I'm happy you enjoyed the other parts of the hostel and I hope you also enjoyed our beloved city! Wish you safe and happy travels! Maxime, food&beverages

• Ireland, All Female Group, 31-40
1st Apr 2017

I had a brilliant stay. Staff were all fantastic and very helpful

Beautiful! Thank you and Happy Travels! Nic, hostel manager

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
30th Mar 2017

Great stay, great location, good included breakfast. Great social atmosphere and good pub crawl. Definitely a great place to stay if in Montreal. :)

Gtreat guests too... we must say! Happy Travels, Nic, hostel manager!

21st Mar 2017

Close to the 747 bus (the one that goes from/to the airport) and steps away from Lucien L'Allier station and Bell Centre, the hostel is well maintained with a dedicated team to keep it clean. Staff is always there to help you out. Loved all of them and Gab, Sara and Roman in particular won't be forgotten (including their effort with my non existent French skills). In three words: best staff ever. I already know where I am going to stay next time in Montreal. Will be hard to find a better place.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017

LOVED this place. Clean, fun staff, amazing location, ridiculously fun bar in the basement. Perfect place if you're seeing a concert at the Bell Centre!

Perfect place... I love to read this kind of review! Many many thanks! :) Nic, hostel manager