HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Great location within walking distance to tons of wonderful spots around Montreal, as well as only a few blocks from 2 different metro stops! Great value for the price!

I thought this play was unreal, genuinely class. Props to one host in parituclar, a girl with an awesome fringe and groovy style who was the most helpful person ever, showed us some fab places to check out and gave us great directions! would stay again thanks to her! :)

• 16th Apr 2014

This was a good, clean hostel that was very easy to find. The activities were fun, and the common area/kitchen/bar was comfortable and friendly. A very good hostel to go to to meet people and get to know the city better. It was also nice that there was a private bathroom in our dorm room.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Very mess, my bed was using for another person, I had to change the bed twice, because always there was person on my bed. They don't have control about the bedroom. However, I enjoyed the breakfast a lot.

I like to travel to Quebec to practice my french since I rarely use it here in the states. I traveled solo this time. With that said I do not have the best french, so I felt left out a lot in the common areas. Only real negative with HI-Montreal is that on one occasion I ran into a rude young lady at the front desk when I tried to use the spring break beer special tickets and it wasn't stamped. She seemed as though I was a tremendous bother to her. Other okay accommodation and great staff.

Bonjour, Thanks for your feedback! I am happy you could practice your language skills with us! Sorry about the not too nice staff... i'll pass the message to the team to avoid it in the future! Bon Voyage, Nicolas, hostel manager

I like this hostel. The staff are friendly, and the place is kept clean. I like that there is a bar and food. I enjoyed my stay.

Convenient location with nice service and decent environment. Highly recommended!!

Nearby to everything! I would suggest to everyone I know to stay there!

Totally recommend

One of my favourite ones

Obrigado! ;)

We had such a fun stay - the atmosphere was great, lots of people to interact with, and the staff was really fun! Free sangria was a plays as well ;)

the showers were gross, everything else was fine and very close to subway

Boniour, My apologize for the shower that was not up to the expectations... I assure you that we only aim at offering the best to our guests and I 'll make sure to check what was wrong with your shower and fix it ASAP! Hope you had a blast in our beloved city anyways! :) Au revoir! Nic, hostel manager

Staff was very friendly and very accommodating for any of our requests! Anything we needed to find they could help us with! The bar had cheap drinks and the location was so close to sainte Catherine's street. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean! I would definitely stay at HI Montreal again! I do recommend getting the membership card (24$) to get a discount on your room! It lasts 1year. My entire 6 person group was very happy with our experience even though it was -35C outside.

• 30th Dec 2013

-35 Celcius!! Lucky you!;) too bad I was in Costa Rica myself with positiv 35 degrees outside... Now I'm back home and ready the deal with the coldest temperatures... who's in? Au plaisir, Nic, hostel manager

Nice hostel. Fully deserving of what you'd expect from a HI or YHA hostel. Has nice firm bunk beds, 4 bedrooms have an ensuite with a great shower (water pressure is great), warm indoors and a fully equipped kitchen. Breakfast options are basic - it's a hostel right - but the kitchen means you can prep your own eggs etc. I'd recommend fully since it's close to a metro stop and a short walk to Catherine's Street for supermarkets/bars and stores.

Your website says expected arrival time, i chose it to be five am and when i reached there they person at the reception said we cant check in before 11 am. you should really look in to this. it causes a lot of confusion.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Pakistan

Bonjour, We'll definately be looking into it! Thanks for the input! Nicolas, hostel manager

Awesome hostel, clean rooms, great social areas, and Gab held some great trips.Breakfast could have been slightly better, but that is my only qualm.

The hostel has a perfect location, is close to the subway station and has good facilities. The only thing I was quite disappointed were poor breakfasts (just toasts with butter, peanut butter or jam), 2 kinds of cereals, bananas or other fruit. No ham, cheese or nothing sweet.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

Well run hostel, friendly staff and located in central Montreal.

Music to our ears.... THANKS! Nic, hostel manager

I enjoyed my stay, and I would come back. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the beds were adequate. It was nice having table and chairs, and a soap dispenser/paper cups in the bathroom. The bar/lounge in the basement was nice, with cheap pints. I found the staff friendly and the bartender gave me some suggestions on which pubs to go to, as it was my first time in Montreal.

• 30th Oct 2013

We like to say that we have some of the chepeast beer in town... hummm, I kind of feel like having one now...! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager