8.7
Fabulous 1,629 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,629 Total Reviews
HI-Montreal Located at 1030 Mackay Street, , Montreal.
Canada

• USA, Male, 31-40
16th Sep 2016

I enjoyed my stay

9th Sep 2016

Nothing bad about this hostel I guarantee!!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Sep 2016
6.0

Place was decent. Our room smelt terrible. Figured out it was the pipes in the bathroom. Very murky and almost toxic kind of smell. We felt dirtier after taking a shower

Hello and thank you for taking time to leave your comments. Obviously, the room should be fresh and clean at all times and we have a dedicated housekeeping team looking after this. I'll will surely investigate what could have gone wrong and fix it immediately! Happy Travels, Nic, hostel manager

• Ireland, Male, 41+
8th Sep 2016

Very well run, clean hostel, friendly helpful efficient staff, good sized kitchen/dining area, within easy reach of rue St Catherine. Staff multi-lingual. ATM on site. Near metro station. Depanneur(convenience store) locally within 7 mins walk. Good breakfast. No hesitation in recommending this hostel.

• Canada, Male, 41+
8th Sep 2016

I visit Montreal about once a month and this was the first time stay here. Was very happy with the hostel and staff. Thank you

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Sep 2016
7.4

The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful, and free luggage storage which is good. The free breakfast is nice as is the downstairs area which is very lively if a little intimidating as a new guest. The dorms didnt look like the photos unfortunately, the 6 bed was very small and the lockers were even smaller ! the Bathrooms desperately need to be refurbished and as they are ensuite, you need to wait for the shower more than you would in a larger shared bathroom. OKay for one night.

• Vietnam, Female, 31-40
4th Sep 2016

Good location. Friendly staff.

• prettystars20587
  • USA, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

Perfect location right near lots of sights and walking distance to the subway station. I really enjoyed the convenience of the bar downstairs that served a little food. And their schedule of activities was a nice touch- I went on the pub crawl. Definitely a lot going on at this hostel and still very comfortable.

• USA, Female, 41+
28th Aug 2016

I had a lot of fun while there. I met a nice girl from Toronto and a nice guy from Egypt to hang out with . The bed was comfortable. I had lots of nice roommates. The only complaint I had was that the first night I kept getting woken up by slamming doors. The second night I was the last one to go to bed in my room with six females, so I probably woke some of them up! The free breakfasts are good, they had a fun quiz game my 2nd night. I played pool too :) The veggie burger wasn't good.

Hello and thanks for the review. I'll ;let the Chef know about the veggie burger! Happy Travels! Nic, manager

• India, Male, 25-30
26th Aug 2016

Great location! Close to public transportation via the metro, buses. Convenient access to MTL airport shuttle stops. Clean and friendly staff. However at $50 for one night in a 4 bed en suite, I didn't feel it was the best value for money. Also stayed at an AirBnb in Montreal on this trip. At $70/night for a fully furnished entire apartment the rate at the hostel seems overpriced.