HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Would definitely stay again. Great location and great staff. Couldn't think of a complaint if I had to.

• 10th Jul 2014

great experience! Very lovely hostel. They were repainting while I was there so I'm expecting it to look even better. I also appreciated the cafe in the basement. I can't eat wheat and dairy so standard hostel breakfast never works out for me. At this hostel you can buy extra breakfast so I got eggs and home fries (you have to pay but it's super reasonable) so I left happy for the day.

Excellent location in Downtown Montreal, great continental breakfast (though the paid version that you can get through their kitchen is even better!) and lightening fast wi-fi, which was refreshing after struggling with poor signals in Western Canada. Staff members are helpful, and the building's a/c was a godsend during the days of my visit when the heat and humidity was off the charts...!

Very chill and friendly atmosphere. I will definitely stay there again. Do yourself a favor and book it.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

great place to meet new people!

The breakfast was excellent! Super friendly amd helpful staff. Kitchen needs more knifes. Backyard would e supernice...

Hi! Thanks for the feedbacks and the kind words! I'll make sure to buy more knifes as soon as tomorrow! ;) Bon Voyage, Nicolas

This hostel has an excellent location in downtown Montreal. If you're coming from the airport the airport bus stops almost outside the hostel. The staff is very friendly and help you with all your questions. See full review at: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g155032-d185724-r211904871-HI_Montreal_Hostel-Montreal_Quebec.html

Excellent accommodation for the price. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Conveniently located to many points of interest, restaurants and stores. It has a great atmosphere for a solo traveler to get to know people from all over the world. I would definitely stay again and recommend to a friend.

This hostel has an excellent location in downtown Montreal. If you're coming from the airport the airport bus stops almost outside the hostel. The staff is very friendly and help you with all your questions. I stayed in the 10-man dorm and the bed where comfortable. Linen is included in the fee and there is also lockers in the room (one for each bed). They have free-wifi that actually reach all the way up to the room. The breakfast is simple but free: bread, juice, coffe/tee and bananas.

Beautiful, thanks! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

I've stayed at quite a few hostels and this ranks with the top ones. The staff was awesome and they had a bunch of suggestions for food/bars. The metro is literally around the corner which is awesome too. My sister and I shared a room with its own bathroom so I can't vouch for the dorm style living spaces, but we had a great experience.

• 17th Jun 2014

Great and helpful staff! Rooms were very clean and even with 10 people dorm we had privacy. Breakfast with bagels was tasty and location was super.

Very good choice in Montreal! They had lockers and the location was excellent! Subway station one block away. Old town is also within walking distance. Staff was nice and friendly. There was also breakfast included. Breakfast is simple but decent. I recommend this hostel!

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Thoroughly enjoyable stay - thankyou.

• 6th Jun 2014

Bienvenue! Nic, hostel manager

I loved my stay at Hi Montreal. If ever I come back to Montreal I will definitely prefer to stay at your hotel.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

And you will welcome! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Everyone was really friendly and I met lots of fellow guests in the communal areas. En suite bathroom facilities were fantastic.

Merci! :) Nic, hostel manager

The continental breakfast could be improved; the options were scant. The coffee was very watery and weak. At least improve the coffee to a better and stronger brand.

• 23rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Bonjour! Thanks for your feedback... Clearly, bad coffee is not acceptable and since most of the staff here (including myself) is «coffeeholic», we are normally ensuring that the coffee offered at the hostel is up to the highest expectations! :) That said, I will forward the message to the Bistro manager!!! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

I could feel people walking around in the hallway and the person below in my bunked. Overall It was a fantastic stay! I would consider staying with you again.

• 17th May 2014

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Great location and very clean! However, I did not like that the wi-fi is weak in the rooms. I could only use the internet in the common areas or near the front desk which was inconvenient if I needed to check my email while up in my room. Also, there needs to be some type of outlet set up for the top bunk.

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello, Thanks for your comments. Indeed, the WIFI should be working well and everywhere throughout the hostel...! And I'll make sure to check it out and fix it! As for the idea if adding power outlets, we're currently working on it! :) Best Regards and Bon Voyage! Nic, hostel manager

Great location within walking distance to tons of wonderful spots around Montreal, as well as only a few blocks from 2 different metro stops! Great value for the price!

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager!

I thought this play was unreal, genuinely class. Props to one host in parituclar, a girl with an awesome fringe and groovy style who was the most helpful person ever, showed us some fab places to check out and gave us great directions! would stay again thanks to her! :)

• 16th Apr 2014

Beautiful!! Thanks a lot and I already made sure to pass the message to all team! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager