Fabulous 1,701 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,701 Total Reviews
HI-Montreal Located at 1030 Mackay Street, , Montreal.
Canada
Montreal QC 1030 Mackay Street
86% 1701
45.4940650 -73.5732450
    Rooms available

17th Jan 2017

clean, secure, well organized, well priced, great location. I'm going to assume that the slightly exasperating sounding clerk when I checked in is more a fluke than not. I accidentally bent my really flimsy keycard and got scolded before getting a new one. But overall, good.

Bonjour Tania, Thank you for your comment. We always make sure to have the friendliest staff ever. I will have a talk with the front desk team. Thank you for letting us know. See you next time, Gabrielle, Assistant Manager @ HI-Montréal

• France, Female, 18-24
10th Jan 2017

Auberge parfaite mais petit déjeuner très léger avec seulement du pain bagel.

.... du pain bagel certes, mais aussi de la confiture, du beurre, du beurre d'arachide, différents types de céréales, des œufs à la coque, du lait, du jus, thé, café, chocolat, bananes, pommes... Il manque bien un peu de bacon, y nous travaillons justement à trouver une façon d'en inclure à la formule offerte! Bonne continuation, Nicolas

1st Jan 2017

Great location, good facilities, excellent wifi and a free breakfast. The only thing I would improve are the dorm beds. Renewing them to ones that allow more privacy would make the experience near perfect.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

Good hostel. Excellent value for money. Staff friendly and offered to help us when they could. Facilities great. Distance a bit far out, especially when we went (winter!). Otherwise a great stay. Good beds and we were given a private bathroom.

True, everything seem a little farther in the winter…. But it is so beautiful outside with the whole city covered in white. It snows today again… Yeah! But do not worry, the hostel provides a warm spot to escape the cold temperatures! Nic, hostel manager

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Dec 2016

This was the first hostel I stayed in on my recent trip around eastern Canada. The staff were friendly and helpful (particularly when I had a late arrival and early check out). The dorms were clean and it definitely felt like there was enough space for everyone. The showers are ensuite to the rooms which has its pros and cons. I went on the walking tour up Mont Royal whilst I was there which was a great chance to meet other guests and there was always a good vibe in bar area in the basement.

Great to read that you had a good time with us... come back and we'll make sure that you have another good one! Nicolas, hostel manager

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Dec 2016

The staff was incredible and very helpful. Definitely will go again!

Great! See you soon! Nic, hostel manager

• Germany, Female, 31-40
2nd Dec 2016

Best breakfast ever.

• USA, Female, 41+
24th Nov 2016
7.4

Was a bit disappointed with overall cleanliness. Sink was backed up. Received a soiled blanket when I checked in. Common area could have been cleaner. But, for my purposes, the location couldn't have been better.

Hello and thanks for the review. The hostel should be perfectly clean at all time so I will make sure to report your feedback to the HK team. I am confident that things will be much better on your next visit! Happy Travels, Nic, hostel manager

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

It was a great place with great people.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
11th Nov 2016

I loved spending my time there. A minor point is that breakfast could be a bit better, it's really just basic. Other hostels offer more.