HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Great and helpful staff! Rooms were very clean and even with 10 people dorm we had privacy. Breakfast with bagels was tasty and location was super.

Very good choice in Montreal! They had lockers and the location was excellent! Subway station one block away. Old town is also within walking distance. Staff was nice and friendly. There was also breakfast included. Breakfast is simple but decent. I recommend this hostel!

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Thoroughly enjoyable stay - thankyou.

• 6th Jun 2014

Bienvenue! Nic, hostel manager

I loved my stay at Hi Montreal. If ever I come back to Montreal I will definitely prefer to stay at your hotel.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

And you will welcome! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Everyone was really friendly and I met lots of fellow guests in the communal areas. En suite bathroom facilities were fantastic.

Merci! :) Nic, hostel manager

The continental breakfast could be improved; the options were scant. The coffee was very watery and weak. At least improve the coffee to a better and stronger brand.

• 23rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Bonjour! Thanks for your feedback... Clearly, bad coffee is not acceptable and since most of the staff here (including myself) is «coffeeholic», we are normally ensuring that the coffee offered at the hostel is up to the highest expectations! :) That said, I will forward the message to the Bistro manager!!! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

I could feel people walking around in the hallway and the person below in my bunked. Overall It was a fantastic stay! I would consider staying with you again.

• 17th May 2014

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager

Great location and very clean! However, I did not like that the wi-fi is weak in the rooms. I could only use the internet in the common areas or near the front desk which was inconvenient if I needed to check my email while up in my room. Also, there needs to be some type of outlet set up for the top bunk.

• 20th Apr 2014

Hello, Thanks for your comments. Indeed, the WIFI should be working well and everywhere throughout the hostel...! And I'll make sure to check it out and fix it! As for the idea if adding power outlets, we're currently working on it! :) Best Regards and Bon Voyage! Nic, hostel manager

Great location within walking distance to tons of wonderful spots around Montreal, as well as only a few blocks from 2 different metro stops! Great value for the price!

Cheers! Nic, hostel manager!

I thought this play was unreal, genuinely class. Props to one host in parituclar, a girl with an awesome fringe and groovy style who was the most helpful person ever, showed us some fab places to check out and gave us great directions! would stay again thanks to her! :)

• 16th Apr 2014

Beautiful!! Thanks a lot and I already made sure to pass the message to all team! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

This was a good, clean hostel that was very easy to find. The activities were fun, and the common area/kitchen/bar was comfortable and friendly. A very good hostel to go to to meet people and get to know the city better. It was also nice that there was a private bathroom in our dorm room.

• 3rd Apr 2014

And were looking forward to seeing you again soon! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

Very mess, my bed was using for another person, I had to change the bed twice, because always there was person on my bed. They don't have control about the bedroom. However, I enjoyed the breakfast a lot.

Hello and thanks for leaving your feedback, Sorry about the trouble with your bed. I have passed the message to the frontdesk team and will double our vigilance to avoid this kind of situation in the futur! I am happy you liked the breakfast though.... I do too! :) Ni, hostel manager

1 2 Next » last »