HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

5 star hostel! I couldn't have had a better trip to Montreal without staying here. Very very clean, the staff was so much fun, and there was always something going on at the bar/ common area in the basement. I will definitely stay again at this hostel the next time I visit Montreal!

This hostel stuffs are charming. I recommended there.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Japan

Woot Woot! TX :)

I was with my friend. I booked to stay in a room with more beds and cheaper but my friend had 6 beds room. The staff was so good that they arranged my stay with my friend without me asking for it. That was amazing! Metro station is like 1 minute walk. Amazing. I miss the stay and wanna go back again 😃

Please, do come back soon! :) Nic, hostel manager

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! So fun, great rooms, great location

It's a pleasure to hear those kind words... Thanks! Nic, hostel manager

It was a good stay

• 19th Oct 2015

Maybe keep the front door locked at all time. We don't want complete strangers walking into the hostel.

• 18th Oct 2015

Good hostel, and easy to get to. Good activities put on every night. Not enough toilets or showers!

Good news: we are working on transforming some of our rooms into communal washrooms... hopefully we'll have them soon! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

This was the third hostel I stayed at in Montreal. It is good, but not my favorite. Rooms are simple but clean. Beds did not have individual lights or power outlets and I often had to wait to use the bathroom or shower. I personally missed the 'homey' feeling that some hostels have, but I did meet some great people. I joined the pubcrawl organized by the hostel which was great fun! In general, I would recommend! It's good value for money.

• 9th Oct 2015

Fun bar inside, made it really easy to meet people. The staff was local and very fun. They took us out and showed us a good time.

Amazing hostel! I'll definitely be back here when I return to Montréal. The staff were engaging and fun (helpful too), the common area is spacious and inviting, and there are reasonable cooking facilities too. The rooms are big enough too, and the entire hostel was very clean.

The staff are great There needs to be more chill out areas - I had to Skype my family in the stairwell as the bar area is too loud Breakfast is awesome, thanks

• 3rd Oct 2015

I totally agree that the hostel could gain from providing more communal spaces... Every now and then the hostel gets entirely full and it does get quite crowded, especially around the hostel bar. I take good notes of your feedback! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

Hostel was great. The location was really convenient and the hostel had everything you needed. Only thing is when the hostel is full or nearly full, the common areas start to feel quite crowded and staff seem a bit overwhelmed, and the lockers in the rooms are a bit small (no way to lock up all your stuff, only some of it).

Great location, awesome and very helpful staff. Would have stayed here again if the hostel wasn't full when I returned to MTL

We absolutely loved this hostel that we actually came back to it! The atmosphere was wonderful and it was so easy to meet people, we still keep in contact with travellers who we met in Montreal. Clean, good location and amazing free breakfast. If you're in Montreal - stay here!

Why not offer an activity that invites visitors from all over the world to talk about ways their country is conserving energy and fighting global warming. Hostels are great opportunities to broaden one's views. I love meeting folks from around the world! Thanks Ann

• 24th Sep 2015

Absolutely! :) Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Very good all around but desperately needs more bathrooms.

and we shall add more! Nic, hostel manager

The staff was awesome! Good vibes!

• 24th Sep 2015
  • twoworldtravellers

Great to see that you liked us! :) Nic, hostel manager

Great staff, great bar in the basement, infinite hotdogs with a drink on Wednesdays, what more can be asked for?

Thanks! :) Nic, hostel manager

Loved staying here, never got chance to visit the bar downstairs as it was a quick stop and tour of the city which was superb. Bike hire is available from this hostel. I had an ice hockey ticket that required printing and the staff were more than happy to help. Thanks!

We kindly printed your hockey ticket because you said that you were a Montréal Canadiens fan! It's the key to EVERYTHING in Montréal! :) Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Great stay! Clean, there are lockers in the rooms, AND a very short walk to the metro!

Beautiful! TX! Nic, hostel manager