HI-Montréal Reviews

1030 Mackay Street, Montreal, Canada

Great location, wonderful energy amongst the staff and in the pub. My only complaint would be the lack of electrical outlets for charging smart phones and electronic devices.

Bonjour. It is definately something that could be fixed in the near future and we will work on this! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

It was great!!! Helpful staff, and the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed! I will be returning for sure.

Woot Woot! Many thanks! Nic, hostel manager

Night desk clerk was a bit miserable and condescending otherwise other staff was super helpful and very pleasant.

• 15th Sep 2015

Hi and thanks for the feedback. My apologies of it did not work too well with the night auditor, but it's great to know that you felt comfortable with the rest of the team! Nic, hostel manager

Good facilities and good location. Staff were nice and breakfast included was good.

• 7th Sep 2015

Great that you had a good time! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

I do not recomment taking reservation directly by phone at the hostel. They are often mistaken. They cancelled a reservation that I did not wanted cancelled. It is probably because any staff there can take or cancel reservations.Otherwise, it is a nice place to stay. It is easy to find a free parking closeby and they have a good complete breakfast.

Bonjour and thanks for the feedback. I apologize if we mishandled your booking, but I can guaranty you that we put great efforts to avoid any confusion with the numerous reservations we get every day. I hope that we found a solution to the situation that suited your expectation! Au Revoir, Nic, Hostel manager

Staff is very friendly. The hostel is very clean. Offer many tours and events.

... and our beds are comfortable... so we hope! :) Nic, hostel manager

We were very comfortable at Hi-Montreal as the staff were always there to help and they had good local knowledge. Thanks guys!

• 3rd Sep 2015

Cheers! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Everything was amazing but the shower needed some cleaning

We will make sure that all showes are perfectly clean at all time!! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Staff was very helpful, rooms were clean. Bar downstairs is an excellent asset!

and excellent food at the hostel bistro... or so we like to think! :) Nic, hostel; manager

It is a good hostel, but not my favorite as I prefer smaller ones with family-like atmosphere which this one surely does not have.

Cool hostel but it smelled strange. They have s little bar in the basement but could be improved. Staff was friendly. Good location.

Thanks for the feedback and all comments are fully noted! Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Great staff members.

On the whole, this is a great hostel with an awesome location and friendly staff. There are lockers in the room, but make sure you bring your own padlock. I arrived early and it was no problem to store my luggage at the hostel until it was tiem to check in. The only thing I would criticize about this hostel is that the water in the shower was cold in the afternoon. I had just arrived from the US on a bus and wanted to clean up, but apparently they only turn on the hot water at night.

Hi and thanks for the great feedback. Il will look for what have happend in your room, but I would like to highlight that there is hot water ALL the time at the hostel, same for cold water, electicity and so on.... :) Au Revoir, Nic, hostel manager

Super kind and helpful staff, enjoyed my stay there :)

Woot Woot! :) Thanks! Nic, hostel manager

The room was clean with some of the outlets working, but only when the light switch is left on. There was no soap in the dispenser but there was in the shower dispenser. The shower was filthy with dried clumps of snot on the wall along with long hairs which were not cleaned off at all in the 5 days I stayed there. Employees weren't rude but definitely weren't poilite with exception to the bar staff which were great. First stay at a hostel and definitely not thrilled for my next.

• 12th Aug 2015

Hi and thanks for your feedback. Staying at the HI-Montréal hostel should be a clean, safe and fun experience for all. I work with the team to correct the situation for your next visit! All the best, Nic, hostel manager

I had a good stay during a week. I did not have any issues. The staff was helpful and gave me directions of places where to go eat and places to visit. The location is great. A block away from a metro station. Two blocks from the buzzing St. Catherins street. I enjoyed the walking tour we did with a guide from the Hostal!

• 9th Aug 2015